Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moderator Performance
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
shoryuken
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 29 2008, 07:53 PM) *
What? Is there some miscommunication on what the rules are? Of course the lounge is modded. It's always been modded. Moderators move and close topics in the lounge occasionally, if not often. Moderators edit out threads, ask people to stay on topic, etc. And even when all the drama happened, moderators went around modding, or at least the active ones did. Go to anonymous shoutouts and once in a while you'll see a moderator bitching complaining about "staying on topic" and "keep it anonymous" or something.

Where did that impression come from? Just wondering. Maybe you have this confused with the VIP lounge?

As for activity, so what? VIP lounge is only viewable to official members/promoters/designers, so of course it's not going to get as much activity. Anime forums barely gets any activity anyways, especially since some moderators don't even bother to check certain subforums.

.... lit hurr summ modd namee da movee thradd orr saii dizz n datt...
Melissa
i still think the staff needs to be down-sized.
shoryuken
QUOTE(kreios @ May 30 2008, 11:15 AM) *
^ I believe she is referring to all moderators in general. You could name a couple like Ruth, or James that were very active in the lounge. Betty and JaVonn are also moderators that do a good job of modding there. As well as many others that will point out the community guidelines, or mention that people need to stick to the topic.

so... moi dun c no manni da ino namee up thaa... wur da namee MANNI DA DINO... stubborn.gif

wat alll da hatee withh manni da dino.. goo crii da demm ruth jameess javvinn n othaa modd u talkinn boutt..

loool.gif u NUBz justt winnaa finee summ BS crapp n attakk manni da dino.. tongue.gif

2badd NUBZ... DA princee enn shinnyy armorrr ezz hurr...!!! stubborn.gif stubborn.gif biggrin.gif

THAA BIGG@SSSS difff withh DS mod n MS mod... GTFO withh alll u sayinn MANNI da dinnoo MOD diz n dat.. stubborn.gif

libertie
^I would so appreciate what you have to say about Natalia if I could actually understand it. I know based on your earlier posts that you aren't completely illiterate and I have to say I liked reading those posts more. Can you explain to me why this form of typing is necessary? =\
shoryuken
eh.. moii aintt sayy manii dinoo goodd or w/ee.. moii justt winnaa finee BS soo moii owwnn summ NUBZ hurr.. shrug.gif
libertie
Thanks, but you only addressed part of my post.

I know based on your earlier posts that you aren't completely illiterate and I have to say I liked reading those posts more. Can you explain to me why this form of typing is necessary? =\
shoryuken
cuzz moii cunnntt tyyybee..

llaavee moii aaalunnee sshessh.. stubborn.gif

orr u gottt C R U S H foo prrince.. wub.gif wub.gif blush.gif
absinthe
QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ May 30 2008, 10:55 AM) *
so... moi dun c no manni da ino namee up thaa... wur da namee MANNI DA DINO... stubborn.gif

wat alll da hatee withh manni da dino.. goo crii da demm ruth jameess javvinn n othaa modd u talkinn boutt..

loool.gif u NUBz justt winnaa finee summ BS crapp n attakk manni da dino.. tongue.gif

2badd NUBZ... DA princee enn shinnyy armorrr ezz hurr...!!! stubborn.gif stubborn.gif biggrin.gif

THAA BIGG@SSSS difff withh DS mod n MS mod... GTFO withh alll u sayinn MANNI da dinnoo MOD diz n dat.. stubborn.gif

translation:

So i don't see manny-the-dino's name up there....where's the name manny-the-dino?

Why all the hate with manny-the-dino...go cry to them Ruth James JaVonn and other mods you're talking about.

You noobs just wanna find some BS crap and attack manny-the-dino.

Too bad noobs..The prince in shining armor is here.

There is a big ass difference with DS mods and MS mods...gtfo with all you are saying: manny-the-dino mods this and that.
shoryuken
... ooo snapp... loool.gif uh.. dunnoo wattaa saii.. laugh.gif

u gitt daa lastt onnee wrongg..

THAA... theree... wink.gif
absinthe
ok..now? laugh.gif
shoryuken
QUOTE(absinthe @ May 30 2008, 03:03 PM) *
translation:
So i don't see manny-the-dino's name up there....where's the name manny-the-dino?

Why all the hate with manny-the-dino...go cry to them Ruth James JaVonn and other mods you're talking about.

The big ass difference with DS mods and MS mods...gtfo with all you are saying: manny-the-dino mods this and that.

QUOTE(kreios @ May 30 2008, 03:07 PM) *
so "THAA" is "there is"? wtf.

yeee

sheee gitt daa lasttt onnee wrronn..
absinthe
OK. I changed it. now?
shoryuken
wtff u talkk boutt.. u postt lookkk daa summ...

w/e...

STOPP DA SPAMM dammm ett stubborn.gif
sixfive
QUOTE(paperplane @ May 29 2008, 11:29 PM) *
I like how I got shit because the staff thought that kind of thing was all I'd do as a mod. a) that's bullshit, and b) that shit needs to be done and I'm f**king good at it. Oh, but damn, I am way too full of myself! How dare I point out that I'm good at modding. I am such a bitch. What a good plan to hire stupid people over me, just because OMG I didn't take my interview seriously enough and stated the FACT that I am actually useful. f**k that shit. Dumbasses FTW!

qq
paperplane
QUOTE(steven @ May 30 2008, 07:00 PM) *
qq

shrug.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(PrIncEoFSeXaPpeAL @ May 30 2008, 10:55 AM) *
so... moi dun c no manni da ino namee up thaa... wur da namee MANNI

As pointed out, I did mean moderators in general. The point is, Moderators have been MODDING the Lounge since forever. Forever as in since I first joined cB. You wouldn't understand that though.

And I don't have to give out names of moderators who actually mod well. They know who they are.

shoryuken
QUOTE(Just_Dream @ May 31 2008, 02:43 AM) *
As pointed out, I did mean moderators in general. The point is, Moderators have been MODDING the Lounge since forever. Forever as in since I first joined cB. You wouldn't understand that though.

And I don't have to give out names of moderators who actually mod well. They know who they are.

QUOTE(absinthe @ May 30 2008, 03:03 PM) *
translation:

There is a big ass difference with DS mods and MS mods...gtfo with all you are saying: manny-the-dino mods this and that.

blah blah justt dreaamm boutt princee.. GTFO.. NUB stubborn.gif
TiffanyFactorial
DO YOUR JOB!!! i know it's a huge job but in the movie's forum, i had already made a thread called Sex & The City dedicated to the MOVIE that was released yesterday. someone else made a new thread named Sex IN The City (INCORRECTLY NAMED) and discussed the movie.

i'm pretty sure there's only supposed to be one thread on this topic. :) just to let you know. regulate that mofugga.
rnicron
QUOTE(TiffanyFactorial @ May 31 2008, 07:21 PM) *
DO YOUR JOB!!! i know it's a huge job but in the movie's forum, i had already made a thread called Sex & The City dedicated to the MOVIE that was released yesterday. someone else made a new thread named Sex IN The City (INCORRECTLY NAMED) and discussed the movie.

i'm pretty sure there's only supposed to be one thread on this topic. :) just to let you know. regulate that mofugga.
Oh, shut up. It's a stupid topic over the same damn movie. No need to fucking have a cow.
tokyo-rose
QUOTE(TiffanyFactorial @ May 31 2008, 08:21 PM) *

You're right about how there shouldn't be duplicate topics, but there's no need to be so adamant about it. Staff members aren't topic-merging machines.
brooklyneast05
^she just wanted something to bitch about so she could feel included.
DoubleJ
If it bothered you that bad, you could have just reported it.
karmakiller
^ Exactly. That's why it's there. Mods don't always remember every single topic that has been made, so if your topic isn't on the first one or two pages of a forum, it can go overlooked and won't be merged.
Elba
Drama queenz.
Just_Dream
QUOTE(Spencer @ Jun 1 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Drama queenz.

NO U

And seriously though, I would totally understand if a topic needed to be moved, especially if it's on the first page of the topic list on a subforum, but SRSLY, if it's a topic that needs to be merged and the topics are perhaps made in significantly different times, you should just report it. It's not even that hard to ask a mod to do it. shrug.gif
Tung
Time for Tung's Moderator Critique.

Libertie - "Saturday (May 31st), very early in the morning, I will be leaving for Indiana. I'll be gone until Sunday, June 8th. Get[/b]ting online for anything is going to be an extremely rare occurrence during this time, if it happens at all." She's been gone for a week now, but prior to that I thought she was been pretty good and active, and taking care of admin-related stuff. So no problems, and I assume it'll continue like that once she comes back.

S-Majere
- She's not on staff anymore, but just wanted to point out she never established herself as an admin really. And that's probably because she was a rookie, and also her being on and off due to internet connection, etc. But maybe we'll see her another time, but maybe as Design Staff, as I thought that was her best position anyways that she excelled in.

Rebecca
- She's been busy and said she would be less active, because of things she has to do in her personal life. But I think she's been pretty good at doing what she's doing.

Diana - Last active. May 27th. Where the hell have she been O_O? Maybe Trish was actually right, when she said Diana was really active trying to get that Headstaff Position, then only when she finally got it disappeared. Maybe her time on Staff is over, as she hasn't said anything why she is gone. And even when she comes back for a brief time, it's all for not. Maybe she should step down, since she obviously doesn't have time for cB, yet alone be a Mod.

Holly - Been great overall and active. Not much to say here.

Karmakiller - Same as above. Pretty good.

Synesthesia - One of the more active Mods, so that's always a plus. And she does actually post as a normal member, AND mod as well.

Doink
- One of the better hired new staff recently. Can't really say the same for the others.

DoubleJ - Javonn, why you pulling a Vince Carter man. You were like the best mod since u got hired, but then you slowly fade away.

highwayto4355 - New at this design staff shit, but she's wayyyy better than that rhino.

kreios
- good mod overall. most active one. even more than cristy. just don't try to pull an IVIike and mod the CC >_> Or maybe you're trying to get headstaff? shifty.gif

Jane - She never mods =\ . but she's active though. like a regular official member.....

mannnyy the dino - does she even do anything?? maybe all that cheeseburgers are making her lazy.

miyashu - said she was busy with schoolwork and shit. but when she was active and not busy with the real world, she was a decent design staff. always helping people out in the rc, and the queue.

Nate - I don't get why he was hired in the first place. he was never active even before he got people staff. and after he got it, he became even less active. he never really established himself as a mod. all he does is post 1-2 here and there about what songs or movies he's listening too... mellow.gif

relentless - good job in the queue son.

march hare - doesn't do anything. most of his posts are, "sorry guys, this goes in vip lounge. O_o

out of 17 mods, only 1/3 are active. and there's like 5-6 people who needs to be demoted, or just step down if you don't have time, as there are people who actually would be better mods.

k done.
Elba
QUOTE(Tungster @ Jun 8 2008, 01:25 PM) *
mannnyy the dino - does she even do anything?? maybe all that cheeseburgers are making her lazy.

LMFAO rofl1.gif I concur.
DoubleJ
Thanks for the critique. I have just been super busy job hunting and what not, but I am definitely back at a full capacity now. Nice sports reference haha.
sixfive
I'm going to have to agree with tung on 90% of his critiques. I'm way too lazy to write one though, so I'll just second his.
shoryuken
QUOTE(Tungster @ Jun 8 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Time for Tung's Moderator Critique.
Doink - One of the better hired new staff recently. Can't really say the same for the others.

Jane
- She never mods =\ . but she's active though. like a regular official member.....

Nate - I don't get why he was hired in the first place. he was never active even before he got people staff. and after he got it, he became even less active. he never really established himself as a mod. all he does is post 1-2 here and there about what songs or movies he's listening too... mellow.gif
march hare - doesn't do anything. most of his posts are, "sorry guys, this goes in vip lounge. O_o

LOLL..HAHAHAHAHAH....
Tung
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 8 2008, 01:40 PM) *
Thanks for the critique. I have just been super busy job hunting and what not, but I am definitely back at a full capacity now. Nice sports reference haha.

Haha no problem. You good son.

Btw suggestion: replace nate with nicki
and replace james with spencer.

kthxdie.
brooklyneast05
what's up with the probationary period for new staff?
DoubleJ
If I am not mistaken, it was supposed to be up last weekend. I am sure that Thomas will correct me if I am wrong though.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 8 2008, 06:22 PM) *
If I am not mistaken, it was supposed to be up last weekend. I am sure that Thomas will correct me if I am wrong though.

loool.gif
DoubleJ
laugh.gif
brooklyneast05
that was the funniest thing you've ever said to me.

anyway, well i duno how this probationary thing works but i think someone should let us know. because i'm pretty sure there's multiple staff members that we think need to go. what's up with this admins?

edit:
or anyone else who can answer cause i don't think the admins are really here that much. is there supposed to be a special thread or something to discuss this?
DoubleJ
I think that the members should evaluate the staff as a whole now and then we can come up with who should stay or go. Something like a poll for each staff member or something of that nature.
vintage-toile
i think the mods are doing OK.
i mean, they don't have to mod, they're doing it because they want to.
we should respect that i guess
but if people aren't pulling their weight why aren't they being demoted and people who post a lot and mod a lot promoted?

i've got to say, kreios has been completely excellent.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 8 2008, 06:26 PM) *
I think that the members should evaluate the staff as a whole now and then we can come up with who should stay or go. Something like a poll for each staff member or something of that nature.

that would be interesting
DoubleJ
I think that it should be reserved to maybe like 10-20 members though. Mainly former staff/vets of cb.
superstitious
Hey Tung, I really appreciate that mod critique and how it was laid out like that. Thank you very much. (and interesting suggestion(s) xD)

JC, probationary periods for the new staff was starting to get discussed just as Dani and I had things come up. I'm back, but still on close watch with my son (who's surgery, for those who may be interested, went very well) for the time being. When Dani gets back, this is a priority.
DoubleJ
Glad to hear that the surgery went well.
Sandraaa
LMFAO! I agree with most of them. Jane practically never mods. shrug.gif And wtf, Nate got modded? I think either it skipped me or I never knew about that. pinch.gif
shoryuken
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 8 2008, 07:26 PM) *

uhh noo...
QUOTE(vintage-toile @ Jun 8 2008, 07:26 PM) *
i think the mods are doing OK.
i mean, they don't have to mod, they're doing it because they want to.
we should respect that i guess
but if people aren't pulling their weight why aren't they being demoted and people who post a lot and mod a lot promoted?

i've got to say, kreios has been completely excellent.

alll da modd n shiett alll dooenn ffinee..
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Jun 8 2008, 07:29 PM) *
I think that it should be reserved to maybe like 10-20 members though. Mainly former staff/vets of cb.

nah.. thingg alll goinnn dannddyy... justt leevvee thingg daa waii thingg att..
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 8 2008, 07:32 PM) *
Hey Tung, I really appreciate that mod critique and how it was laid out like that. Thank you very much. (and interesting suggestion(s) xD)

JC, probationary periods for the new staff was starting to get discussed just as Dani and I had things come up. I'm back, but still on close watch with my son (who's surgery, for those who may be interested, went very well) for the time being. When Dani gets back, this is a priority.

uhh y... alll moddzz ffinee...
QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Jun 8 2008, 07:44 PM) *
LMFAO! I agree with most of them. Jane practically never mods. shrug.gif And wtf, Nate got modded? I think either it skipped me or I never knew about that. pinch.gif

soo wat...
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Jun 8 2008, 06:44 PM) *
Jane practically never mods. shrug.gif

damn that sounds just like when i was on staff with you

i think others are worse than jane, but jane has had the same complaint for a long time.
rnicron
Nate- doesn't do anything. It's funny that when he was first modded, we all said what a mistake it would be. He was only modded because of his intelligence and his use of big words and lengthy posts; nothing else about the guy would have stood out to anyway, not even the fact that he's NOT EVEN ACTIVE. But we all know, intelligence > activity. We'd rather have someone who is opinionated and good at expressing their opinion, rather than someone who acts like a regular member and posts on a friendly level.

James- give it up already, seriously. You've been on staff numerous times. You've broken rules numerous times. You've been kicked off numerous times. You've had other people kicked off numerous times. You take the most random hiatuses, but when you return, there's always a James on staff free card waiting. You don't do shit for this site other than cause drama in which you are trying to stop. You could quite possibly be one of the biggest contributing factors of cB drama, whether you admit it or not. Of course, it's not blatantly obvious; you're a behind the scenes type of guy. But seriously, you've out-welcomed your time on staff. You don't do much. You don't post much. You rarely come on other than to move something to the VIP Lounge or tell us your last 10 random songs that you listened to. Honestly, a community presence would be a lot more appreciated, but not in your case.
brooklyneast05
^yeah i never got how james got handed the get back on staff free card. he came back and was hardly active and then BAM. i never got the reasoning, i'd be interested to know. does he still fall under the probationary period?
rnicron
As much as I'd like to believe it wasn't based solely on personal friendships with other staff members, especially those higher up, ultimately, that's what got him a spot back.
Insurmountable
Holly - Been great overall and active. Not much to say here.

Wow thanks Tung, I've really felt like I haven't been really active lately. Considering Josh was done and then all this weekend I couldn't do much because my mom was having a baby shower. Means a lot.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(Elba @ Jun 8 2008, 07:20 PM) *
As much as I'd like to believe it wasn't based solely on personal friendships with other staff members, especially those higher up, ultimately, that's what got him a spot back.

that's about the only reasoning that makes sense to me. i can't see the majority of staff suggesting this automatic promotion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.