Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Never Ending Debate on Prostitution
karmakiller
post Feb 12 2009, 12:55 AM
Post #201

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

You said Middle East, and those places are in the Middle East, no? You were making a generalization.

*BOSS*
post Feb 12 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #202

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21332543-2,00.html

emberfly
post Feb 12 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #203

kthxbai

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 621,203

I think it's a human right to be able to sleep around. If people want to get paid while doing it, why stop them? What do you gain by stopping them? If you don't like it, don't do it or don't pay for it. Simple as that.

illriginal
post Feb 12 2009, 01:18 AM
Post #204

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 12 2009, 12:55 AM) *
You said Middle East, and those places are in the Middle East, no? You were making a generalization.

I never made a generalization that in all of the Middle East there wasn't prostitution.

So you jumped the gun to prove a point which I already knew. Prostitution and even slavery exists around the world til this day, so? My point was that in Muslim countries it is VERY rare for women to actually bring themselves to that life style.

You know how I know the Gang-rape story isn't legitimate? Because rapist do not serve time, they're put to death, specifically, beheaded. Oh and also, Islamic countries are quick to release the names of those who committed crimes. Australian propaganda doesn't fly with me and anyone else who's knowledgeable about Islam and Islamic laws can easily sniff out propaganda.

Comptine
post Feb 18 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #205

Sing to Me

Group: Member
Member No: 10,808

Sometimes I wonder about your though process.

How do you come out of it so sure that you are right all the time?

Reidar
post Feb 18 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #206

Vae Victis

Member No: 460,227

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 12 2009, 01:18 AM) *
You know how I know the Gang-rape story isn't legitimate? Because rapist do not serve time, they're put to death, specifically, beheaded.

And the raped are accused of adultery, shamed by their families, and often executed.

At about the time my dad was in the IIAF in Iran, after the IR, capital punishment on a virgin was forbidden, so the young girl accused of non-sexual adultery would be raped by the state to qualify her for death.

The Middle East is far from an apt example of women with power in society.

illriginal
post Feb 18 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #207

QUOTE(Reidar @ Feb 18 2009, 06:22 PM) *
And the raped are accused of adultery, shamed by their families, and often executed.

At about the time my dad was in the IIAF in Iran, after the IR, capital punishment on a virgin was forbidden, so the young girl accused of non-sexual adultery would be raped by the state to qualify her for death.

The Middle East is far from an apt example of women with power in society.

Really? Because women there are the actual bred winners, majority of them actually finish their college education... In fact women have enough power not to be fooled into thinking they have to use their beauty or their bodies for that matter, to sell products or to attract men or to get into a career. I thought you would know this. How long has it been since you left Iran? Or were you ever even there to begin with?

mipadi
post Feb 19 2009, 12:35 AM
Post #208

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

popcorn2.gif

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #209

QUOTE(mipadi @ Feb 19 2009, 12:35 AM) *
popcorn2.gif

I've actually been to Iran so I know first hand, I'm not letting someone fool the crowd even if they have Iranian blood. happy.gif

mipadi
post Feb 19 2009, 12:42 AM
Post #210

Group: Administrator
Member No: 639,265

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 19 2009, 12:37 AM) *
I've actually been to Iran so I know first hand, I'm not letting someone fool the crowd even if they have Iranian blood. happy.gif

When and why were you in Iran?

Reidar
post Feb 19 2009, 12:52 AM
Post #211

Vae Victis

That's a laugh. Sigheh, which is temporary marriage (often for a few hours with the exchange of money) is pretty much the same thing as prostitution, and that's still nothing compared to the abhorrent oppression woman face from sharia law. Under Ahmadinejad, who most Iranians do not support, women's rights activists have been jailed for doing no more than partitioning for reform. But yes, as long as women behave and obey the superior gender, they can go to segregated schools.

The last time I was in Iran was 2007, and both my parents were born in Tehran.

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 01:02 AM
Post #212

QUOTE(mipadi @ Feb 19 2009, 12:42 AM) *
When and why were you in Iran?

4 almost 5 months ago. Beautiful country, what I seen there was not expected. They're pretty modern, have awesome lookin cars, huge malls, their Mosques (the ones I've been to) are so elegant. And omg.. lol they have Arabic/Farsi hip hop, the teenagers and young adults blast their music, it's funny. And the young adults seem to love trance/techno a lot more though.

As for the reason why, in the last 3 years I've been doing a bit of traveling. I do contract work, so I'll work for like 4-6 months straight, then go on vacations for 2-4 months out of the country. But the main reason why I went there was simply because I was looking to see how society there was. Like culture, the kinds of typical food, if the people are generally friendly, also the architecture of the homes and if they were at least some-what modern (which omg... I've seen "palaces" that were like typical Hollywood homes), I just wanted to see how life is there. I also went to Dubai.

But not only just to know how life in general was there but also to find out first hand what sort of money I would make in contract or full-time work. And quite honestly you can make a good living in either Iran or Dubai if you're into web development, programming, network analysts, etc...

The one thing that I was told about the Middle East that was considered negative, was the temperatures, and how they can reach up to 140 degrees. In Dubai for nearly a week straight it was 110-115 degrees and I got to admit, it wasn't even bad. It was dry heat not humid and disgusting like Florida's weather.

It boggled my mind that "WarMachine" would prefer to live in Florida's weather than Middle Eastern weather because Florida weather is just blah, always feeling sticky in a sense.

So ya, I like traveling not just to experience other parts of the world but I have my pros and cons list of each place that I go to and so far there's a few that I'd love to move to:

Dubai, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iceland, Isle of Man, Greece, Turkey, and Kauai.

Reidar
post Feb 19 2009, 01:14 AM
Post #213

Vae Victis

Iran is a beautiful country with extremely friendly people and a ****ed up theocracy.

datass
post Feb 19 2009, 06:56 AM
Post #214

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

then just go to the middle east and stop complaining.

NoSex
post Feb 19 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #215

in the reverb chamber.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 11 2009, 11:25 PM) *
So much for woman power and liberation. Prostitution and the agreeance of prostitution just shows how weak women are around the world. thumbsup.gif

in comparison to whom? the super strong, confident, and successful men that pay them money? prostitution can be a career of great power, especially in a legalized climate.

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #216

QUOTE(NoSex @ Feb 19 2009, 11:01 AM) *
in comparison to whom? the super strong, confident, and successful men that pay them money? prostitution can be a career of great power, especially in a legalized climate.

In your opinion.

NoSex
post Feb 19 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #217

in the reverb chamber.

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 19 2009, 10:46 AM) *
In your opinion.

no, you f*cking moron.
WHEN PEOPLE HELPLESSLY HAND OVER CASH TO YOU FOR VERY LITTLE WORK YOU TEND TO POSSESS POWER, SPECIFICALLY... POWER OVER THOSE WHO GIVE YOU MONEY.

duh.

p.s. great rebuttal... NOT!

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #218

QUOTE(NoSex @ Feb 19 2009, 12:40 PM) *
no, you f*cking moron.
WHEN PEOPLE HELPLESSLY HAND OVER CASH TO YOU FOR VERY LITTLE WORK YOU TEND TO POSSESS POWER, SPECIFICALLY... POWER OVER THOSE WHO GIVE YOU MONEY.

duh.

p.s. great rebuttal... NOT!

And this proves women's liberation, how again? A prostitute by no means has power my good man, instead she's just another dog put out in the streets to get used and abused. Unfortunately your mindset is too pathetic to fathom how sad you are to think that prostitution is good for a woman because it hands her power. Please do not have children, you're a piece of filth.

NoSex
post Feb 19 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #219

in the reverb chamber.

QUOTE(illmortal @ Feb 19 2009, 02:42 PM) *
And this proves women's liberation, how again? A prostitute by no means has power my good man, instead she's just another dog put out in the streets to get used and abused.

what the f*ck are you talking about? not all prostitutes are "out in the streets." a lot work out of their own homes. a lot choose their own clients. a lot are very successful, very happy, and do very little work for a lot of money. no one is "using" or "abusing" these prostitutes; if anything, these self-made prostitutes are using men desperate for any sort of human connection (largely & mainly sexual).

you clearly have a very narrow understanding of prostitution; not all prostitutes are teenage runaways with a pimp... that usually only exists when prostitution is made illegal.

Unfortunately your mindset is too pathetic to fathom how sad you are to think that prostitution is good for a woman because it hands her power.

my mindset is too pathetic? what the hell are you talking about?! at least i can separate sexuality from some sort of bizarre honor system or f*cking "love" or something. prostitution can be a business just like any other... safe, rewarding, and marketable. unfortunately, your too f*cking zealous (or stupid) to realize that sex isn't a bad thing & that anything you can legally give away for free... couldn't possibly be rationally illegal to give away for a price.

Please do not have children, you're a piece of filth.

i don't plan wasting my time, money, & effort on a kid... don't worry.

p.s. READ A BOOK OTHER THAN YOUR BIBLE.

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #220

QUOTE(NoSex @ Feb 19 2009, 05:00 PM) *
what the f*ck are you talking about? not all prostitutes are "out in the streets." a lot work out of their own homes. a lot choose their own clients. a lot are very successful, very happy, and do very little work for a lot of money. no one is "using" or "abusing" these prostitutes; if anything, these self-made prostitutes are using men desperate for any sort of human connection (largely & mainly sexual).

Really? Can you source some sort of legitimate statistics about the happiness of prostitutes? Otherwise you're simply pulling shit out of your ass. And no one is using and abusing prostitutes? Damn son, you should go to N.Y., Miami, Florida, and or Los Angeles, California. You need a reality check, your hick town has you brutally sheltered.

you clearly have a very narrow understanding of prostitution; not all prostitutes are teenage runaways with a pimp... that usually only exists when prostitution is made illegal.
my mindset is too pathetic? what the hell are you talking about?! at least i can separate sexuality from some sort of bizarre honor system or f*cking "love" or something. prostitution can be a business just like any other... safe, rewarding, and marketable. unfortunately, your too f*cking zealous (or stupid) to realize that sex isn't a bad thing & that anything you can legally give away for free... couldn't possibly be rationally illegal to give away for a price.
i don't plan wasting my time, money, & effort on a kid... don't worry.

Sex can actually lead to Prostate Cancer.

According to a recent article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, frequent sexual activity does not increase the risk of developing prostate cancer. In fact, it appears that an increase in sexual activity may provide a protective benefit against developing prostate cancer.

The prostate is a walnut-sized gland that is located between the bladder and rectum. The prostate is responsible for producing a fluid that is a component of semen. One in every 6 men in the United States will be diagnosed with prostate cancer within their lifetime, making prostate cancer the second most common cancer in men.

According to the American Cancer Society, approximately 231,000 cases of prostate cancer will be diagnosed in the United States in 2004, and approximately 30,000 will die from the disease. Researchers continue to evaluate environmental and genetic factors that may be associated with prostate cancer so that men may alter their lifestyle to reduce their risk, or obtain appropriate screening measures if they are considered to a be at high risk.

Results from a multi-institution clinical study evaluating the frequency of ejaculation and its possible association with prostate cancer were recently completed. The study included over 29,000 men who were aged 46 to 81 years. The men answered questions about the average number of ejaculations they had per month during their 20s, 40s and the previous year (1991). The men were given questionnaires every 2 years, beginning in 1992 and ending in 2000 regarding ejaculation frequency. After approximately 8 years of follow-up, data indicated that most levels of ejaculation frequency were unrelated to the risk of developing prostate cancer.

However, men with ejaculation frequency of 21 or more per month had a 33% decreased risk of developing prostate cancer compared to those with an ejaculation frequency of only 4 – 7 times per month over the span of a lifetime.

The researchers concluded that frequent ejaculation it not associated with an increase in the development of prostate cancer. In fact, in this study, men with 21 or more ejaculations per month has a reduced risk of developing prostate cancer over a span of a lifetime than those with 4-7 ejaculations per month.

"When you look at the data in a little bit more detail, you do see that not only is there not an increased risk, but there is potentially even the possibility of a slight decrease in risk with high ejaculation frequency," says researcher Michael Leitzmann, MD, an investigator at the National Cancer Institute in Bethesda, Md. Leitzmann conducted the research during a post-doctoral fellowship at Harvard University.

Leitzmann says researchers suspected that ejaculation frequency might be a marker of a healthier, more active lifestyle. But when they accounted for diet, exercise, and other risk factors for prostate cancer, the link between frequent ejaculation and lower prostate cancer risk remained.

Researchers say the findings raise several questions about the biological role of sexual activity and ejaculation in the development of prostate cancer. Leitzmann says that until now, sexual activity had been associated with prostate cancer risk due to the hormone hypothesis. The male sex hormone testosterone is known to spur the growth of prostate cancer cells and it also fuels the male sex drive. Therefore, it had been proposed that very sexually active men had a higher risk of prostate cancer because they had higher testosterone levels.

But he says this theory has its shortcomings because testosterone levels alone do not predict prostate cancer risks and they do not appear to correlate with sexual desire as much as previously thought.

Anyways, so let me get this straight, are you claiming that when it comes to prostitution, women in fact do have power because of money? That's what's rewarding?

p.s. READ A BOOK OTHER THAN YOUR BIBLE.

This is laughable. loool.gif

karmakiller
post Feb 19 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #221

^ He's not denying that prostitutes aren't abused. He's talking about the majority. Besides if prostitution were legal in the US, then pimping would probably be illegal.

The majority of your posts are about your religion. So why is that a laughable statement? rolleyes.gif

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #222

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 19 2009, 10:24 PM) *
^ He's not denying that prostitutes aren't abused. He's talking about the majority. Besides if prostitution were legal in the US, then pimping would probably be illegal.

The majority of your posts are about your religion. So why is that a laughable statement? rolleyes.gif

How's liberation and "woman power" about my religion? And how's the Bible related to my religion? And it's laughable because the assumption of me not reading any books outside of my Holy Book. I can throw a book/journal at Nate and I bet it'll be too complicated for him to even grasp.

Am I in the twilight zone?

karmakiller
post Feb 19 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #223

Because your perception of the subject is skewed by your religion...

illriginal
post Feb 19 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #224

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Feb 19 2009, 10:35 PM) *
Because your perception of the subject is skewed by your religion...

No.. that was on another point. Now I'm talking about liberation and power to the women.

People who think prostitution should be legalized are the ones with the skewed views. Instead of promoting prostitution, they should be promoting education. Not brainwashing women into believing their bodies are just good enough for making money.

brooklyneast05
post Feb 19 2009, 11:02 PM
Post #225

I'm Jc

Member No: 437,556

people who think it should be illegal are ignoring the reality of the situation and can't look past their ideals. it's illegal now and prostitution happens so what's the f*cking point. that way obviously doesn't f*cking work. legalize it for the sake of having some kind of safe regulation if nothing else. i do not get how this doesn't make sense to someone unless you're just in complete denial of reality.

IF ONE WAY DOESN'T WORK, f*ckING TRY SOMETHING ELSE

no one in their right mind would claim that it being illegal "works" or is "safe".

i don't understanddddddddddddddddddd why people want to keep doing the same thing over and over and over when it doesn't work, whether it seems "right" to them or not.

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: