2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
taking it to p/ms
*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #1

do you find it ironic that we are told to take it to p/ms, but yet we are on a thing called a forum and without anyone posting, the forum would be nothing?

why are we so quick to say something is spam and close it in hopes that it won't grow bigger? what is the point in staying on serious subjects and not having fun with posting? why must every topic that CAN turn to spam be closed? what happened to leniency?

why is it that jusun can come back and make a random topic with no clear point and it not be closed, but if we were to do the same, it'd be closed instantly? is it because he created createblog? shouldn't we all be governed by the same rules?

heyyfrankie
post Jun 28 2007, 01:30 PM
Post #2

This bitch better work!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 28,095

QUOTE(shotgunFUNERAL @ Jun 28 2007, 01:27 PM) *
why is it that jusun can come back and make a random topic with no clear point and it not be closed, but if we were to do the same, it'd be closed instantly? is it because he created createblog?

Yes.

*superstitious*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Typically Ju-Sun has a point in his topics.

You know, there is a lot of posting and I haven't closed a topic for "spamming" in a very long time, until today. Also, the first reason that was closed is because there isn't supposed to be hate threads here anyway, which is why I quoted what I did.

At any rate, if posting this makes you feel better, then by all means. I think with all the threads made last night, staff has be extremely lenient. I even apologized for closing the hate thread. Personal differences should be settled via PMs since it's personal.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #4

then anonymous shoutouts shouldn't exist

deplorable
Post #5

we go a-drowning

Group: Member
Member No: 519,725

totally

*superstitious*
Post #6

^^ that is something that has been debated for a VERY long time.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #7

then stop debating and close it.

we could have anonymous hate thread and that'd be closed, so why have an anonymous like thread?

*superstitious*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(shotgunFUNERAL @ Jun 28 2007, 02:37 PM) *
then stop debating and close it.

we could have anonymous hate thread and that'd be closed, so why have an anonymous like thread?

Hey, put in your anonymous hates in that thread. There's no reason to have two anonymous threads.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #9

if hate is frowned upon and differences should be taken to p/ms, isn't a bit redundant to tell me to post my hate in there?

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(robbotic @ Jun 28 2007, 01:40 PM) *
The difference is anonymous is without name calling.
nope, it's just something for people to hide behind, like jusun pointed out.

if we want to eliminate the hate, then we advertise to anonymously do it? yeah yeah yeah, no name given, but half the time people know it's to them.

BOOGERSHAHA
post Jun 28 2007, 01:48 PM
Post #11

Member No: 205,020

close anonymous shoutouts. i started the 1st version and i realized a long time ago that it is just STUPID. so as the original poster, i can request it be closed, right? nothing more to debate about, eh?

BOOGERSHAHA
post Jun 28 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #12

then they should just take it to PMs ;)

or have the thread moved to the sandbox...?

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:50 PM
Post #13

i don't think it's selfish

one last question, can we bring back clubs?

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:54 PM
Post #14

yes, i remember, but if they're still around, where are the threads because i recall nicki closing them all?

is secret agent staff a club?

BOOGERSHAHA
post Jun 28 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #15

apologies if i'm not up to date, but posts in sandbox don't count, right? so moving anonymous shoutouts over there would decrease the spamming and get rid of the "controversy"?

oh look, i can compromise, too. :O
except i would still love to see it closed. crushing the fun of createblog users is how i like to spend my days. yes. i am so selfish.

edit: :| i'm off topic. sorry. i don't really have a strong opinion on the "spam" threads.

*MyMichelle*
post Jun 28 2007, 01:57 PM
Post #16

I have mixed feelings about this. Sometimes, people just go on and on with themselves about things that are not related to the topic, and everyone just wants them to shut the f**k up. I'm guilty of that. shrugs*

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 02:04 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jun 28 2007, 01:59 PM) *
Well, the Lounge is now supposed to be as unmoderated as possible. That's been going well for a while, and people have been posting whatever they wanted. In my opinion, the "hate thread" should stay open until a rule is explicitly broken. Most likely a rule will be broken, because by definition--that thread doesn't make sense being open. But it should stay open until the breaking of the rule occurs.
THANK YOU

reopen it.

besides, i had gotten back on topic after someone said something about it.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #18

perhaps this is stupid, but it seems like ya'll are really quick to pass judgment and close something, but yet it takes a lot of convincing to reopen something.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #19

^
i understand that, i just mean in most cases it seems that way.

*alovesopure*
post Jun 28 2007, 02:10 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 28 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Typically Ju-Sun has a point in his topics.

I think he was talking about this topic: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177151 ermm.gif

But anyway, Even though all hate threads have been closed in the past, I agree with Suzzette.

demolished
post Jun 28 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #21

Group:
Member No: 8,001

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jun 28 2007, 11:59 AM) *
Well, the Lounge is now supposed to be as unmoderated as possible. That's been going well for a while, and people have been posting whatever they wanted. In my opinion, the "hate thread" should stay open until a rule is explicitly broken. Most likely a rule will be broken, because by definition--that thread doesn't make sense being open. But it should stay open until the breaking of the rule occurs.

Either way, it will be close. i still dont understand why it'll be reopen.
It's pointless. you know that very well, Suzzette.

*superstitious*
post Jun 28 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #22

I didn't touch that thread all day, so I don't know what this "so quick to" stuff is all about.

Besides, spam was just ONE reason it was closed. Previous hate threads were closed, this one was closed as well. I was trying to be nice and let you guys have it opened for a while. Should I have just closed it right away? The precedent for hate threads was made a long time ago, well before I was even on staff. I linked one of the hate thread closures so that it was clear why I was doing that.

If I were going on this accused "quick" to close spree, wouldn't I have gone through and closed ALL of those threads?

*steve330*
post Jun 28 2007, 04:54 PM
Post #23

But was there a serious issue with it other than a few spams? People got back on topic, so was there some other serious violation other than having a thread closed in the past with a similar subject matter?

edit// and I say this curiously, not maliciously, that way you don't take offense or act like I'm attacking you or anything.

*superstitious*
post Jun 28 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #24

If spam was the only issue, I would have reopened it it (although I would have appreciated the respect of a PM, instead of a thread. Especially since I tried being so nice when I closed it). I asked that if someone had a good reason, to PM me but I guess that was just too much to ask.

Unfortunately, spamming wasn't the only problem. Why would we endorse a "hate" thread? I won't go and quote the guidelines, but read through them. Read through the personal attacks section, for one. It's really all there.

And don't worry, I'm used to people thinking the worse of me. Believe me.

*shotgunFUNERAL*
post Jun 28 2007, 10:06 PM
Post #25

if we don't endorse a hate thread, don't promote anonymous hate in anonymous shoutouts.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: