Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: taking it to p/ms
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
shotgunFUNERAL
do you find it ironic that we are told to take it to p/ms, but yet we are on a thing called a forum and without anyone posting, the forum would be nothing?

why are we so quick to say something is spam and close it in hopes that it won't grow bigger? what is the point in staying on serious subjects and not having fun with posting? why must every topic that CAN turn to spam be closed? what happened to leniency?

why is it that jusun can come back and make a random topic with no clear point and it not be closed, but if we were to do the same, it'd be closed instantly? is it because he created createblog? shouldn't we all be governed by the same rules?
heyyfrankie
QUOTE(shotgunFUNERAL @ Jun 28 2007, 01:27 PM) *
why is it that jusun can come back and make a random topic with no clear point and it not be closed, but if we were to do the same, it'd be closed instantly? is it because he created createblog?

Yes.
superstitious
Typically Ju-Sun has a point in his topics.

You know, there is a lot of posting and I haven't closed a topic for "spamming" in a very long time, until today. Also, the first reason that was closed is because there isn't supposed to be hate threads here anyway, which is why I quoted what I did.

At any rate, if posting this makes you feel better, then by all means. I think with all the threads made last night, staff has be extremely lenient. I even apologized for closing the hate thread. Personal differences should be settled via PMs since it's personal.
shotgunFUNERAL
then anonymous shoutouts shouldn't exist
deplorable
totally
superstitious
^^ that is something that has been debated for a VERY long time.
shotgunFUNERAL
then stop debating and close it.

we could have anonymous hate thread and that'd be closed, so why have an anonymous like thread?
superstitious
QUOTE(shotgunFUNERAL @ Jun 28 2007, 02:37 PM) *
then stop debating and close it.

we could have anonymous hate thread and that'd be closed, so why have an anonymous like thread?

Hey, put in your anonymous hates in that thread. There's no reason to have two anonymous threads.
shotgunFUNERAL
if hate is frowned upon and differences should be taken to p/ms, isn't a bit redundant to tell me to post my hate in there?
shotgunFUNERAL
QUOTE(robbotic @ Jun 28 2007, 01:40 PM) *
The difference is anonymous is without name calling.
nope, it's just something for people to hide behind, like jusun pointed out.

if we want to eliminate the hate, then we advertise to anonymously do it? yeah yeah yeah, no name given, but half the time people know it's to them.
BOOGERSHAHA
close anonymous shoutouts. i started the 1st version and i realized a long time ago that it is just STUPID. so as the original poster, i can request it be closed, right? nothing more to debate about, eh?
BOOGERSHAHA
then they should just take it to PMs ;)

or have the thread moved to the sandbox...?
shotgunFUNERAL
i don't think it's selfish

one last question, can we bring back clubs?
shotgunFUNERAL
yes, i remember, but if they're still around, where are the threads because i recall nicki closing them all?

is secret agent staff a club?
BOOGERSHAHA
apologies if i'm not up to date, but posts in sandbox don't count, right? so moving anonymous shoutouts over there would decrease the spamming and get rid of the "controversy"?

oh look, i can compromise, too. :O
except i would still love to see it closed. crushing the fun of createblog users is how i like to spend my days. yes. i am so selfish.

edit: :| i'm off topic. sorry. i don't really have a strong opinion on the "spam" threads.
MyMichelle
I have mixed feelings about this. Sometimes, people just go on and on with themselves about things that are not related to the topic, and everyone just wants them to shut the f**k up. I'm guilty of that. shrugs*
shotgunFUNERAL
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jun 28 2007, 01:59 PM) *
Well, the Lounge is now supposed to be as unmoderated as possible. That's been going well for a while, and people have been posting whatever they wanted. In my opinion, the "hate thread" should stay open until a rule is explicitly broken. Most likely a rule will be broken, because by definition--that thread doesn't make sense being open. But it should stay open until the breaking of the rule occurs.
THANK YOU

reopen it.

besides, i had gotten back on topic after someone said something about it.
shotgunFUNERAL
perhaps this is stupid, but it seems like ya'll are really quick to pass judgment and close something, but yet it takes a lot of convincing to reopen something.
shotgunFUNERAL
^
i understand that, i just mean in most cases it seems that way.
alovesopure
QUOTE(superstitious @ Jun 28 2007, 02:33 PM) *
Typically Ju-Sun has a point in his topics.

I think he was talking about this topic: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177151 ermm.gif

But anyway, Even though all hate threads have been closed in the past, I agree with Suzzette.
demolished
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Jun 28 2007, 11:59 AM) *
Well, the Lounge is now supposed to be as unmoderated as possible. That's been going well for a while, and people have been posting whatever they wanted. In my opinion, the "hate thread" should stay open until a rule is explicitly broken. Most likely a rule will be broken, because by definition--that thread doesn't make sense being open. But it should stay open until the breaking of the rule occurs.

Either way, it will be close. i still dont understand why it'll be reopen.
It's pointless. you know that very well, Suzzette.
superstitious
I didn't touch that thread all day, so I don't know what this "so quick to" stuff is all about.

Besides, spam was just ONE reason it was closed. Previous hate threads were closed, this one was closed as well. I was trying to be nice and let you guys have it opened for a while. Should I have just closed it right away? The precedent for hate threads was made a long time ago, well before I was even on staff. I linked one of the hate thread closures so that it was clear why I was doing that.

If I were going on this accused "quick" to close spree, wouldn't I have gone through and closed ALL of those threads?
steve330
But was there a serious issue with it other than a few spams? People got back on topic, so was there some other serious violation other than having a thread closed in the past with a similar subject matter?

edit// and I say this curiously, not maliciously, that way you don't take offense or act like I'm attacking you or anything.
superstitious
If spam was the only issue, I would have reopened it it (although I would have appreciated the respect of a PM, instead of a thread. Especially since I tried being so nice when I closed it). I asked that if someone had a good reason, to PM me but I guess that was just too much to ask.

Unfortunately, spamming wasn't the only problem. Why would we endorse a "hate" thread? I won't go and quote the guidelines, but read through them. Read through the personal attacks section, for one. It's really all there.

And don't worry, I'm used to people thinking the worse of me. Believe me.
shotgunFUNERAL
if we don't endorse a hate thread, don't promote anonymous hate in anonymous shoutouts.
superstitious
Good grief Spencer, the thread was reopened. mellow.gif And read the guideline, it talks about name callingmember bashing, which you can't blatantly do in AS. I wasn't endorsing it either, I was saying it was an alternative.
shotgunFUNERAL
you totally must be mistaken if you think i'm angered, i'm just doing what i think is right. you tell us to voice our opinions, but when we do, it's a big shock that we actually want to change something.

like i said, you tell us to take it to p/ms or i/ms, but without talking amongst the forums...there would be, um how should i say it? NO FORUMS and nothing to read.
superstitious
^ Not exactly (regarding nothing to read). You mean to tell me that you'd be interested in a forum that has nothing but feedback threads?

I don't think you're angered, I think you are still talking about something that was resolved. I'm only saying that because you got what you wanted, the thread was reopened. I do admit to a couple of things though - 1, it wasn't you that persuaded me and 2, I should have mentioned the thread being reopened here.

Also, I think you are far too quick to judge, something you've continually accused others of doing.
shotgunFUNERAL
yeah, i had no clue it was opened because i was working.

i think you missed my point on having something to read. if everything is closed because of it's future potential and what it could turn into, no one would have anything to respond to. random topics that express you to say what you want are frowned upon because they don't have the basic principle of something for everyone to actually respond to. most everything either has to have a question or thoughtful ideas to promote thinking and actual feedback regarding it rather than being allowed to say what we want because it meets the notion that anything without a clear topic is spam.

far too quick to judge, eh? i'd disagree, standing by what i said above. do i close topics because of what they CAN turn into, as opposed to what they do turn into?
superstitious
Yeah, I was cooking for and taking care of my son, we all have other stuff do to. XD

Far too quick to judge, eh? i'd disagree, standing by what i said above. do i close topics because of what they CAN turn into, as opposed to what they do turn into?

QUOTE(Elba @ Jun 28 2007, 02:29 AM) *
Which cB members do you hate?

I'd say it was pretty clear from the beginning what the thread's intent was.
shotgunFUNERAL
but had it turned into that, YET? things take different courses and i don't think that just because something is bound to go in one direction, it should be closed for safety.
superstitious
And I asked that if you had a good reason for keeping it opened, PM me. Which you didn't.

Fortunately, someone did and did so in a rational way, which lead to the thread being opened.
shotgunFUNERAL
if this is a forum, i don't understand why everything should be kept on hush and behind the scenes.
superstitious
You act as if this is something shocking, it isn't. I don't, for the life of me know what the big deal is by me asking for a PM. Why is it a big deal for anyone to ask for a PM?

No one is trying to hide anything, that is something very sensationalized. A PM is one on one contact that makes things go quicker, it's really quite simple. It also shows respect (which one would, of course, have to have). PMing does not take away from the forum, it's communication between two people that are trying to resolve something... and not even something monumental.

"Hey, I'd really like this reopened because <insert whatever>"

More often than not, threads are reopened because intentions are clarified.

At any rate, we obviously are not seeing eye to eye on this, so it's time to agree to disagree.
shotgunFUNERAL
i'm not saying we have to agree, but i think it's irrational to ask for feedback, but when it's given get defensive instead of finding a way, or just blantantly saying it's not possible.

moving on, seen any good movies lately?
Elba
Oh, God.

You are all a disappointment.

Haha.
Flair
moving on, seen any good movies lately?

Yes!! I saw Briget Jones Diary. Hugh Grant is so hot.

*shakes head*

You lost this battle before it began.
shotgunFUNERAL
QUOTE(Flair @ Jun 29 2007, 02:31 AM) *
You lost this battle before it began.
riiiight...and it ended before you said anything.
Flair
You idiot, I was actually on your side.
SayBloodyMary
Rebecca has every right to ask for communications to her to come via PM, as does every other member of the forum.

And personally, I think there was nothing rash whatsoever in closing the Hate Thread. It followed precedent, and it is not particularly necessary to repeat a debate which has been had in full in the past.

And AGAIN, I would like to point out that people would't have half as much to complain about if they didn't deliberately court controversy. Y'all aren't stupid, so I find it hard to believe that no one saw this coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.