How to Make Animated Pixel Text (PS CS3+ANIMATION SHOP 3)
Click on thumbnailed images to enlarge
2. Go to File>New and create a new TRANSPARENT document. Mine is going to be sized to 200x200 px.
3. When your new document appears, start to type your text out. It can say whatever you would like it to say.
Change the text to WHITE.
4. Now go to your layers panel. Make sure the Layer with your text on it is selected. Right click the layer and click BLENDING OPTIONS.
5. When the blending options window pops up, find the tab on the left side that says STROKE(it's the very last one). Now match your settings to mine:
6. Your text is finished. Now all is left is to make animated colors going through your text.
Highlight the first letter of your text. After you highlight the first letter change the color of that letter to whatever color you want it to be.
Now take the selector tool and select around the text so that there isn't a lot of space around the text. You may have to zoom in.
Go to Edit>Copy Merged.
7. Open Jasc Animation Shop 3 and do and CTRL+V. As you can see the background to the text is not transparent anymore. Go to Animation> Replace Color and follow my settings:
8. For the next letter's color, Go back to Photoshop CS3 and back to your text document.
MAKE SURE YOU REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW YOU SELECTED YOUR TEXT BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-SELECT WITH EVERY LETTER COLOR CHANGE!...you will understand why once your animation is done.
Do a CTRL+ALT+Z two times to undo the first letter color and the selector around your text.
Now select the 2nd letter of your text and change the color. You can also change the first letter color again to make the animation look cooler.
8. Repeat Steps 6-8 but change every letter/frame color until you get to the end.
Once to the end, go to View>Animation. If it is how you like it, then go to File>Save.
NOW YOU'RE ALL DONE! ...that wasn't so hard was it?
Here is mine:
Showing latest 10 of 11 comments
this sounds so hard.
don't have animation shop anyways.
can you still use this for programs;
Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and Adobe ImageReady
Hmm I have come back to this tut. And I seem to not be doing it right. :(
The black line dissapears. I noticed it on one of my first goes, but thought I missed out a steep or something. Could someone please help?
i cannot select the copy merged.help?
where can you get Adobe Photoshop CS3 and if ou don't have it are there other programs you can use instead?
weee! im currently doin' it.
thank you very much fer this!
can i do dis with photoshop cs2?
Great tutorial. :D
Took me awhile. I did things wrong. :L Thanks heaps though. :D Now all I must do it become color co-ordinated. :L