Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VMA Play by Play Thread
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
karmakiller
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 08:03 PM) *
You know, what really makes me laugh is all this talk about Kanye when you had Lady Gaga with her crazy hair pieces that would have otherwise been *the* VMA topic.
Nothing interesting happens at the VMAs. The Kanye thing is more pathetic than anything else.
none345678
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 08:03 PM) *
You know, what really makes me laugh is all this talk about Kanye when you had Lady Gaga with her crazy hair pieces that would have otherwise been *the* VMA topic.

Which I am happy it wasn't. I think that's the only reason she's still around. I know her for her ugly ass outfits and random scream singing. Nothing else. oh and her penis
Tung
taylor swift beat kayne on record sales...
DoubleJ
LMAO I didn't catch it live so I saw the replay and saw lil mama and immediately said W T F.
none345678
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:05 PM) *
That is one thing I can agree with you on. Lost in this whole thing is the fact that Janet Jackson was at the VMA's last night.

I am sure that will still be talked about. It was probably amazing.

lol@jc
brooklyneast05
omg lil mama i was f*cking dying last night when she ran up there on jay and alicia. this post reall summed it up for me

Why is no one talking about Lil Llama… I mean Mama stagebombing Hova and A. Keys? And the fact that she looked like she got that outfit at Walmart but not just any Walmart - the poor Walmart. Ok let’s be honest she looks like some kind of candy-adorned troll. I’m really speechless about the whole thing.

And the look Jay gave her. Scathing.

SO MANY ATTEMPTS FOR RELEVANCE LAST NIGHT.
DoubleJ
QUOTE(Tung @ Sep 14 2009, 09:06 PM) *
taylor swift beat kayne on record sales...

Compare her number 1's to Kanyes and then get back at me.
Tung
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 06:07 PM) *
Compare her number 1's to Kanyes and then get back at me.

i'm just saying that your statement of 70-80% of america not knowing who she is doesn't hold true
DoubleJ
How does that not hold true? You mean to tell me that more than 60 percent of the american public know who this girl is?
superstitious
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 08:03 PM) *
to be honest i sing taylor swift all the time in my car, but i mean yeah

You're so pretty.

You know, Alicia Keys seems to be getting prettier and prettier.
brooklyneast05
ROMEO TAKE ME SOMEWHERE WE CAN BE ALONE, ILL BE WAITING ALL THATS LEFT TO DO IS RUN, YOU'LL BE THE PRINCE AND I'LL BE THE PRINCESS ITS A LOVE STORY BABY JUST SAY YES
DoubleJ
JC please!
Teesa
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 09:10 PM) *
How does that not hold true? You mean to tell me that more than 60 percent of the american public know who this girl is?

where are you getting these stats from??
DoubleJ
lmao they aren't actual stats. I am just saying I am positive that MOST of America didn't even know this girl or could much less name even one of her songs before this happened.
brooklyneast05
it's ok javonn, i got tired of waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around...my faith in you was fading..when i met you on the outskirts of town

k more taylor from me

kanye rules
DoubleJ
rofl I like my girly music too and I can't lie her little tune that she sang on the vma's is catchy. I think she became more famous for who she ran with more than her music at first.
Teesa
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 09:13 PM) *
lmao they aren't actual stats. I am just saying I am positive that MOST of America didn't even know this girl or could much less name even one of her songs before this happened.

again, i don't agree with this. taylor swift obviously attracts a way different audience than kanye west. and to be honest, i think more people (as in, adults) would know more about taylor than kanye, especially since parents have a tendency to hear what their kids are listening to.
DoubleJ
I bet more adults could recite a line from a kanye song before they could taylor.
Teesa
okay, we are just going to have to agree to disagree
brooklyneast05
i think there is no doubt kanye is more known than taylor. he's been around longer, and he's known internationally. i don't think it's any competition. we're talking about a country music singer who's "considerably" new vs someone who tours internationally. kanye is way more of a house hold name after the shit he has pulled if nothing else.

that being said. i've known about taylor for like 4 years or more from myspace. she was pretty much a break away hit with her tim mcgraw song 3 years ago. country music right now, at least female wise, is pretty much dominated by taylor and carrie underwood. i think she's really widely known as a young star.

everything she has touched has turned into gold in her genre, and she's crossed over to pop radio with it. been featured in tons of shows ect

aka i disagree with both teesa and javonn
DoubleJ
lmao like we will have to on thanksgiving!
SuckDickNSaveLives
Best moment of the VMAs.

DoubleJ
We can say the same about drake no?
none345678
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:18 PM) *
I bet more adults could recite a line from a kanye song before they could taylor.

I think it would depend. In the south, since she's a country singer, she's might likely be well known and maybe even more liked than kayne. Though I believe that she is well known to begin with.
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Sep 14 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Best moment of the VMAs.

even worse did you hear how janet was making them practice like 15 hours a day supposedly and he still f*cked that up so bad
DoubleJ
ROFL THE BEST PART WAS THEY PANNED TO ALICIA KEYS AS IT WAS HAPPENING AND SHE WAS LIKE WTF LMAO
none345678
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Sep 14 2009, 08:21 PM) *
Best moment of the VMAs.

LOLOLOLOL a few of them were having difficulties
brooklyneast05
taylor swift =/= drake. drake doesn't even have a album out, taylor swift has a hugely successful (hahahah get it, successful drake and trey) one out
DoubleJ
I know a lot of people that know her as that girl who went out with one of the jonas brothers
DoubleJ
lmao @ jc I see what you did there. Did you hear soulja boys version? he shits on drake
Teesa
of course kanye is more well known internationally, etc. than taylor-that wasn't my point. javonn said something like the majority of people in america didn't know who taylor was until now, and i disagreed with that. i didn't mean to make it sound like taylor was way more popular or something.
none345678
I didn't know she went out with any of them lol
DoubleJ
Of course not Teesa. I do agree that she is known but to think that she was this big super duper a list celeb before this is a bit much.
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 09:22 PM) *
even worse did you hear how janet was making them practice like 15 hours a day supposedly and he still f*cked that up so bad

I hope Janet isn't mad about him messing up. I'm sure Michael would have laughed just like he did when he called Chris Tucker to telling he was kicking off the wrong leg in the Rush Hour movies.

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 09:23 PM) *
ROFL THE BEST PART WAS THEY PANNED TO ALICIA KEYS AS IT WAS HAPPENING AND SHE WAS LIKE WTF LMAO

LOL, anytime they pan on Alicia Keys it's a good thing.

BTW Lil Mama commented on the JayZ performance:
http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/14/lil-mama-im-...#comments\
@ her ruining an epic performance. She interrupted the climax.
Tung
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 03:33 PM) *
^erm whatever. I could care less what you think anyway.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 03:36 PM) *
You could care less what I think? I'll remember that.

oh shit LOL. just saw this. _unsure.gif

popcorn2.gif
none345678
lol Lil mama looked like that kid who desperately wants to join in but everyone just kinda ignores them. I thought Jay-Z was going to push her off the stage
SuckDickNSaveLives
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Sep 14 2009, 09:23 PM) *
LOLOLOLOL a few of them were having difficulties

Even though you have to have the special shoes to lean, I'm pretty sure you still have to have strong legs. Plus, I wonder if that would be easier for a woman to do since their center of gravity is in a different place. _unsure.gif
DoubleJ
it's not that serious. we both disagree'd on each others stances. we have moved on already.
DoubleJ
the vma's will always be a trainwreck.
none345678
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:30 PM) *
it's not that serious. we both disagree'd on each others stances. we have moved on already.

There's no doubt you'd have to have leg strength. That guy on the far right legs must have been exploding.
superstitious
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:30 PM) *

Aw, leave them to their imagination. hahaha

Come on, Javonn. THROW DOWN boxing.gif
treschicgeek
Lol @ Lil Mama

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...shes-vma-stage/
DoubleJ
lmao Rebs. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I actually agree with some of the stuff you said. It is clear however that the media does bring race into this in their own little way. I just think that it is one of those things where it's like wtf. People only pay attention to him when he is doing bad stuff for the most part.
none345678
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:38 PM) *
lmao Rebs. I didn't mean to disrespect you. I actually agree with some of the stuff you said. It is clear however that the media does bring race into this in their own little way. I just think that it is one of those things where it's like wtf. People only pay attention to him when he is doing bad stuff for the most part.

But the media have always loved bad news over good news. It's waht people like to read about.
DoubleJ
Of course! We actually talked about that in my lit and film class last year. There is no denying however that the media portrays blacks in a diff light than they do other races.
Simba
QUOTE(IamLegend @ Sep 14 2009, 09:21 PM) *
Best moment of the VMAs.

ahahaha
brooklyneast05
for teesa

brooklyneast05
so jay leno is on, kanye is gonna be on there talking soon
Just_Dream
rofl @ shaq image. lul I thought for a second you were going to post an xzibit quote or something.

I haz Taylor Swift on my iPod.

/random

brooklyneast05
sounded sorry to me in that interview
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.