Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VMA Play by Play Thread
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
creole
talent isn't an excuse for being rude, in my opinion. ermm.gif
Just_Dream
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Sep 13 2009, 07:40 PM) *
She'd probably look better with hair, but she has an amazing stomach.

idk, hr waistline/stomach is aiite.

sorry, but wtf at her outfit:

QUOTE(colddesert @ Sep 14 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Brad Pitt cheated on his wife privately. And Kanye did it in front of millions of people on live tv.

Oh okay, so cheating in general is okay if it's done "privately". I think that's worse because honestly, when everyone found out, it was all over the tabloids, and to this day, they are STILL talking about it. I used to subscribe to OK magazine (eh $10 subscription... ;P ) and damn, how many times did I see Brangelina on the cover? Also, how many times did I see Jennifer Aniston having interviews?

I think Brad Pitt is an awesome actor, along with Jen and Angie, but seriously that shit was FUCKED UP on so many levels. I think it's worse when it's done privately because there's so many questions - how long was it going on for? Why did he do it? Why didn't Angie do anything about it? IDK, there could have been OTHER solutions (break up with Jen before getting with Angie), but things didn't work out that way.

Sorry for my little rant, but yea I mean, I think what Brad did was pretty douchebaggy when compared to what Kanye did. Just like what other people said, typical of Kanye, so it's not that big a deal. Beyonce did the right thing.

Man, if this was in Korea, the netizens would have RUINED Kanye over there. Look what they did to my Jaebeom (2PM) cry.gif
sixfive
yeah i don't like amber rose
Herizon Action
why everyone hatin on kanye
brooklyneast05
QUOTE(serotonin @ Sep 14 2009, 03:15 PM) *
yeah i don't like amber rose

colddesert
Just imagine Amber Rose with hair, she would be gorgeous. And she has a rockin body. Oh man.
brooklyneast05

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3...281=&em3161
superstitious
No apology can make up for the horrible pains he has inflicted.
Tung
lol at him comparing his situation with Ben Stiller in Meet The Parents. Everyone knew Ben Stiller wasn't the villain or bad dude in the movie. Ben was just an attention whore in the movie who tried to please the family. 2nd attempt at an apology..not really lol.
Simba
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 11:19 AM) *

and wtf @ kanye is that your car
HELL YEAH

QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 02:02 PM) *
People love someone to throw stones at.
Kanye's a good dartboard... cause he can take it! /vh1 storytellers
karmakiller
If it wasn't for this I never would've heard anything about the VMA's.
DoubleJ
I am never this person...but it is definitely because he is black. PERIOD.
brooklyneast05
_unsure.gif
creole
QUOTE(Tung @ Sep 14 2009, 01:58 PM) *
lol at him comparing his situation with Ben Stiller in Meet The Parents. Everyone knew Ben Stiller wasn't the villain or bad dude in the movie. Ben was just an attention whore in the movie who tried to please the family. 2nd attempt at an apology..not really lol.

moar like irony

let's lighten the mood with some gaga

she's crazy when she's live
DoubleJ
Well idk I just have noticed how a few celebrities of other races have acted the same as black celebs over the years but they get talked about less in the media.
superstitious
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 05:14 PM) *

If you read through my recent posts, you can see that I think this whole thing was blown way out of proportion, but your statement is bullshit, in my opinion. Sorry. haha It has nothing to do with him being black and everything to do with him being Kanye, a guy people hate. Period. I mean hell, Madonna gets raked over the media coals for having over-toned arms. Back in the day, Andrew Dice Clay got banned from MTV for making lewd comments. Janeane Garofalo was asked to leave The Majority Report on Air America because she was too radical in her political opinions.

So yeah, situation is retarded but I don't for one second think that it's because Kanye is a black man.
DoubleJ
^erm whatever. I could care less what you think anyway. The point I am making is that after looking at how people reacted with Michael Vick and Serena and now Kanye, I am convinced that it is at least part of the reason. People are making it seem like Kanye is this big ***hole and that taylor is like americas girl or something. give me a f*cking break.
brooklyneast05
idk if i agree with you on the media attention thing fully javonnn

however if you've been reading carrie's debates on tumblr then i can agree that some people's response to him being rude are disturbing/100% race motivated. like the tumblr and twitter posts calling him a nagger..backwoods nagger...saying he should be lynched...it's like wtf are they even talking about?

few examples
http://i30.tinypic.com/2hxn3on.png
http://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/...esttwitter7.jpg
http://18.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpytwrS8...zxqz4o1_500.png
http://zerbit.tumblr.com/post/187365231/ka...-f*cking-nagger
http://zerbit.tumblr.com/post/187537786/i-...omment-point-by

there's like a billion more tweets of crazy ass people going on about his race and claiming all of us black people look bad over it.

wtf at the "nagger" edit for n*gger
superstitious
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 05:33 PM) *
^erm whatever. I could care less what you think anyway. The point I am making is that after looking at how people reacted with Michael Vick and Serena and now Kanye, I am convinced that it is at least part of the reason. People are making it seem like Kanye is this big ***hole and that taylor is like americas girl or something. give me a f*cking break.

You could care less what I think? I'll remember that.
DoubleJ
Think of it this way...the media wouldn't be all over this if perez hilton who is an even bigger attention grabber would have done this. You may have heard about it for half a day (if that) and then that would have been the end of it.

edit: in this instance yes Rebecca only because it really has something to do with race. I guess it is one of those things that you would have to either be black or a product of that environment to understand.
superstitious
Sure, Javonn. I'll just post in topics where white people are allowed to have an opinion.
DoubleJ
ok lmao
mipadi
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 06:14 PM) *

Oh come on. You imply that the media never criticizes a white person for doing crazy shit. The media is all over white celebrities: Paris Hilton, Madonna (as Rebecca pointed out), Britney Spears (remember how the media treated her back when she was doing crazy shit like getting married and shaving her head?) -- just to name a few.

You even cited Perez Hilton. When he got all pissed about the Miss America pageant contestant, the media ran with that for days. The reason it may not have been as big as Kanye isn't due to race, it's due to the fact that Perez Hilton is a pissant, and Kanye -- like him or not -- actually does shit. Plus Perez is a celebrity gossip blogger who developed a cult-like following because of his outrageous personality. Kanye is -- ostensibly -- an artist who should be above such petty nonsense.

Besides, let's be honest, both he and MTV want the media to discuss this, because it's good for Kanye's image, and what's good for Kanye is good for MTV. In fact, this was probably as staged as the Eminem walkout at the MTV Movie Awards.
none345678
How can you compare Perez Hilton with Kanye when Perez Hilton's career is based on shit talking alone while Kanye's is not? People expect it from Perez because that's what he does so we don't make a big deal out of it when he does it.
Simba
QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 04:47 PM) *
dawg first time he made an entry without all caps. tswizzy should be honored as hell

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 06:33 PM) *
^erm whatever. I could care less what you think anyway.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 06:36 PM) *
You could care less what I think? I'll remember that.
popcorn2.gif

QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Sep 14 2009, 07:10 PM) *
How can you compare Perez Hilton with Kanye when Perez Hilton's career is based on shit talking alone while Kanye's is not? People expect it from Perez because that's what he does so we don't make a big deal out of it when he does it.
word, Kanye has rarely, rarely puts other people down. technically he didn't even do it with tay swift, just gave bey big ups
DoubleJ
I never said that the media doesn't go after whites. I am saying that they are judged on a far less harsh scale than blacks are.

let me give you some examples:

Michael Vick - Roy Oswalt, Jake Peavy, etc.

People have made a big deal about Michael Vick and this dogfighting thing. I can understand why people are in a big uproar over it, but on the flipside I can understand Mike's case too. I come from an area where dogfighting is extremely popular. As a matter of fact, in minority communities, animal fighting period is very popular. To the outside world it may seem like this big bad thing to do, but to most minority people, it is something that happens all the time.

On the flipside, how many times do we hear about Jake Peavy wanting to go to the Houston Astros so that he can go hunting with Roy Oswalt in the winter? I am going to assume that these guys went hunting with their fathers, but what makes dogfighting different from going out and purposely killing animals?

Serena Williams was clearly upset about what happened when a line judge called an obvious bad call on her. The media has taken off with it and is calling her a drama queen and talking about how much of a poor sport she is and the whole nine. A

An equally big tennis player, Justine Henin QUIT! in a MAJOR FINAL two years ago and you really didn't hear much about it at all.

I know I don't have to explain to you how the media did Kobe when he got accused of rape.

How long did we hear about Big Ben and his rape accusations?

Barry Bonds has not had a positive steroid test surface yet but the media has already convicted him.

Not only has Roger Clemens TESTED POSITIVE for steroids WITH PROOF, but he LIED UNDER OATH and yet people seem to forget that.

And the reason I referenced Perez Hilton, is because when the media does decide to pay attention to Kanye on this level, they usually don't have anything nice to say about him.
DoubleJ
Anybody notice how whenever I say something about being black people jump all over it, but it is alright for Steven and other people to go around here saying white power all f*cking day?
Just_Dream
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 04:29 PM) *
...alright for Steven and other people to go around here saying white power all f*cking day?

For the most part, [most] people either ignore it or think that it's a joke. Notice that I have made references to it a few times (usually blacked out using spoiler tags or so). It's just something random that he says - doesn't really have anything to do with anything (just admit it, Steven, lol).
DoubleJ
OMG I GOT ONE! Why was there not this big uproar when eminem was saying n*gga on the bet awards?!
none345678
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 05:37 PM) *
Think of it this way...the media wouldn't be all over this if perez hilton who is an even bigger attention grabber would have done this. You may have heard about it for half a day (if that) and then that would have been the end of it.

edit: in this instance yes Rebecca only because it really has something to do with race. I guess it is one of those things that you would have to either be black or a product of that environment to understand.

I believe eminem falls under that category? (seriously I am not sure since I don't know shit about him)
DoubleJ
I guess he does. I mean all I am saying is that it is something that most people won't get ya know. Like if a muslim or middle easter person were to talk to me about people being scared of them because they think they are a terrorist, I couldn't relate.

Or an asian being accused of something or a white person being accused of something I wouldn't be able to relate.

I think every race has had to deal with their fair share, but there are certain things that people are gonna feel a certain way about that others won't understand.
karmakiller
Can I have an opinion? I really don't a give shit. I'm pretty sure the number of people who watch the VMA's is declining. I don't care what race you are, if you're being a douchebag then you're being a douchebag.

Roger Clemens was all over the television about his drug use. Shit, if I was paying that much to go to a Baseball game I wouldn't care if the players grew tails... it would probably make the money paid actually worth it.

Anyone remember when the bassist Tim from RATM was pissed because Limp Bizkit (or however they spell it) won a moonman instead of them? He got arrested... Kanye didn't get arrested. All he did was bring some attention to some show the majority of American's don't care about.
superstitious
Of course there are aspects about differing lifestyles and I circumstances I wouldn't understand. However, we're talking about an observation of media and public reaction. To say that a white person can't make those observations simply because they're not black seems really silly and quite frankly, insulting.
none345678
Or which whats his face called a cop sugar tits and said something about Jewish people. People still talk about that.
DoubleJ
Lol @ Dee I was actually going to put that one about Tim from Rage.

Rebecca I said not black or a product of that environment. Nobody is saying that you can't have your observations, but I could have easily said that I was insulted when you said that my comment was bullshit as well.
karmakiller
LOL he's shorter than her.

@Javonn, at least Tim went about it in a more badass way than stealing the mic from some underage girl.
DoubleJ
rofl! He totally is haha! He is the best though. He was right about what he said.
Teesa
QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Sep 14 2009, 08:36 PM) *
Or which whats his face called a cop sugar tits and said something about Jewish people. People still talk about that.

mel gibson i think
none345678
lol that guy in the background looks like he just witnessed a murder.
Teesa
QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:52 PM) *
He was right about what he said.

that's not the point though
karmakiller
Here Teesa, let me help.

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Sep 14 2009, 07:27 PM) *
I don't care what race how right you are, if you're being a douchebag then you're being a douchebag.

DoubleJ
lmao that guy totally did look like that haha!

Taylor Swift should be lucky that Kanye just made her a household name. I guarantee you 70 - 80 percent of america didn't even know who she was until now.
none345678
It's all a matter of opinion. I guess that's what gets me the most. Kanye does not believe what leaves his mouth is opinion only fact.
brooklyneast05
yeah kanye did a jerk move. but i agree with rebecca 100%. people are OVER EXAGGERATING how serious this was. he did not commit a crime. he didn't cheat on his wife. he didn't go up and punch taylor in the face. he didn't do something horrible that ruined anyone's life. he was a jerk and made himself look bad.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 02:48 PM) *
While you're at it, destroy all of your Robert Downy Jr. merchandise and refuse to see Iron Man 2. After all, he's done some pretty naughty things (carrying firearms, being intoxicated on illegal drugs, drunk driving, violating probation, and for breaking into a house he mistook for his own and so on).

ect ect

QUOTE(serotonin @ Sep 14 2009, 02:52 PM) *
Don't forget Chris Brown, too. Oh and Whitney Houston, don't let her have a come back. Also Madonna, Kate Moss, Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Tom Cruise, Mariah Carey, Brad Pitt, Brittany Spears, Hugh Grant, Mel Gibson, Janet Jackson, etc. Don't support them at all.

Teesa
^i don't care. as long as people are still talking about it, i will too

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Sep 14 2009, 08:58 PM) *
Taylor Swift should be lucky that Kanye just made her a household name. I guarantee you 70 - 80 percent of america didn't even know who she was until now.

uh highly unlikely. she's pretty damn popular-more among the preteen-teenagers, but obviously a lot more people know about her now.
DoubleJ
Exactly I am pretty sure the only people that listened to her music were preteens and a few country people but now she has become a household name overnight.
superstitious
You know, what really makes me laugh is all this talk about Kanye when you had Lady Gaga with her crazy hair pieces that would have otherwise been *the* VMA topic.
brooklyneast05
to be honest i sing taylor swift all the time in my car, but i mean yeah
DoubleJ
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *
You know, what really makes me laugh is all this talk about Kanye when you had Lady Gaga with her crazy hair pieces that would have otherwise been *the* VMA topic.

That is one thing I can agree with you on. Lost in this whole thing is the fact that Janet Jackson was at the VMA's last night.

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *

Teesa
QUOTE(superstitious @ Sep 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *

haha yeah, and apparently there was something about lil mama going on stage when she wasn't supposed to or something? i dunno, i still have to watch it argh

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Sep 14 2009, 09:03 PM) *

:))
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.