Camera Shopping ! |
![]() ![]() |
Camera Shopping ! |
Sep 11 2008, 08:18 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() young enough to not give a f*ck ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,149 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 35,060 |
Okay so I've been saving up for a new camera.
I've been looking specifically at DSLR's,and I don't want to spend more than $500. I need some help picking one out,I have two in mind : Nikon D40 ![]() Digital Rebel XT ![]() I was also thinking about the Cyber-shot® DSC-H50/B: ![]() BUT I'm not so sure it's what I want,because it's mostly made for a high optical zoom,which I don't really need. So,if you have any reviews, resources, or suggestions to help guide me in which camera I should buy, please do tell! tanks. |
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 08:19 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Photoartist ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 12,363 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 399,390 |
Kryo will advise you to get the XT over the D40.
|
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 08:22 PM
Post
#3
|
|
![]() I'm Jc ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Mentor Posts: 13,619 Joined: Jul 2006 Member No: 437,556 |
i hate the feel of the rebel. it's so damn small in my hands, but i guess if you're a chick or a dude with small hands it might feel better.
|
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 08:26 PM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() Photoartist ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 12,363 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 399,390 |
Yeah I like the feel of the Nikons over the Canons, but I mean, apparently most people are able to live with that.
|
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 08:28 PM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() young enough to not give a f*ck ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,149 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 35,060 |
I really like the Nikon D40,and I really want to test it out.
I've played with the Canon Rebel before,and I loved it. But then the Nikon has all that really cool in-camera editing stuff! Oh & I have a question, do the mega pixels of the two cameras make a difference, or does it not? I think it does,but I'm not extra-smart in DSLR's,so yeaah. |
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 09:05 PM
Post
#6
|
|
![]() Photoartist ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 12,363 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 399,390 |
6 megapixels is already enough to print a movie poster.
In otherwords, naw, the megapixels don't matter. It's the sensor you'll probably want to be concerned with, and Nikon and Canon both got great sensors. |
|
|
|
Sep 11 2008, 09:32 PM
Post
#7
|
|
![]() young enough to not give a f*ck ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,149 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 35,060 |
ah,I see.
I'm still trying to pick one though. I think the Rebel has a really good price,and it has 8.2 mega pixels but then again that doesn't really matter. x___x |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |