Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Unfinished
ArtofBreaking
post Dec 27 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #1


We're in for one wild night.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 402
Joined: Dec 2007
Member No: 603,255



Okay. So, i'm sorry I can't show these to you people as an actualy Myspace layout, IDK how to code. I just wanted to post these 2 preview templates before they are done. I want to knonw if i'm going in the right or wrong direction in designing my first DIV layout. If they are a go ahead i'll finish them later and look for generous person to cut // code them for me.

So,
(a) Stop right there && Give up. lol.
or
(b) Continue on!





I went over tons of layouts for Ideas and I guess the main one was from DannyDahl's.
 
brooklyneast05
post Dec 27 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #2


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



the pictures look low quality or something, i'm not sure if u added that effect or not though...

i like the first one better. on the second one, i don't think that color of red really fits with the picture very well. not enough orange in the red or something.

danny does a good job, his pictures are better quality though, i think that would help urs, but maybe that isn't what u wanted.
 
ArtofBreaking
post Dec 27 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #3


We're in for one wild night.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 402
Joined: Dec 2007
Member No: 603,255



Yeah, i'm going through tons and tons of pictures. The pictures themselves aren't bad quality, I guess I just f**ked up on the Guassian blur.
Still just experimenting, nothing perminant.
 
brooklyneast05
post Dec 27 2007, 08:07 PM
Post #4


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



yeah, i mean they don't look bad, i just think maybe the blur is over done a bit or something. with blurring and effects like that there's a fine line between it looking like an effect and looking like a picture that's lost quality if u know what i mean.
 
MissHygienic
post Dec 27 2007, 08:53 PM
Post #5


Resource Center Tyrant
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,263
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,306



I would actually set the content box on the red layout a little bit further down, so that it aligns with line where the body of water "ends."

I think the pictures you used could be decorated with something a little more. I'm not sure how you would, as I hate working with other people's pictures. Good layouts don't just come with good pictures and then slap a half-opaque background on it, but with composition and design.
 
technicolour
post Dec 27 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #6


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



About the pictures...they do seem low quality, but I can tell that they were filtered. I say, if you still have the editable files, apply the dream effect. Make it a bit blurrier, and lower the opacity. Then it'll give the feeling as though it was a dream. But I do agree that they could be jazzed up a bit. Add some brushes, textures. But don't overdo it..just a little more..umph, you know?

Okay, now that I have successfully written a short novel in your thread...
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: