Blocking search Engines |
Blocking search Engines |
Aug 9 2007, 07:14 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 50 Joined: Jul 2007 Member No: 541,260 |
How do I block search engines like google and yahoo from displaying my site and all of my information when someone types in my name or something? I'm trying to keep my site from being found by nosey people that I know that have nothing better to do.
I've tried a robot.txt file and put this: CODE User-agent: * Disallow: / and I've used this code on my page: CODE <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW"> and still when I search my name or something, my site and all of my information shows up. So it's not working unless there is somthing I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions? This post has been edited by themarkster: Aug 10 2007, 12:22 AM
Reason for edit: Fixed the title. :D
|
|
|
|
miiszxclassiic Blocking search Engines Aug 9 2007, 07:14 PM
miiszxclassiic ok thanks I will try that Aug 10 2007, 10:23 PM
Alvin Just PM me if you need this reopened.
Topic Clos... Aug 10 2007, 10:26 PM
miiszxclassiic I found the places to contact google and yahoo jus... Aug 10 2007, 10:57 PM
Alvin Topic Closed By Request Aug 10 2007, 11:00 PM![]() ![]() |