Log In · Register

 
17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Official Football [Soccer] Club, Version 1
no-name
post Jul 26 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #301


yawn :)
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,926
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,041



can i join
 
aubbob
post Jul 26 2006, 06:18 PM
Post #302


Senior Member
******

Group: Human
Posts: 2,817
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 381,065



i want cristianos body on top of me
 
*baby_in_blue*
post Jul 26 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #303





Guest






^i already called first dibs. laugh.gif
 
no-name
post Jul 26 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #304


yawn :)
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,926
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,041



ya'll can have him...
 
*baby_in_blue*
post Jul 26 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #305





Guest






^ we shall. dribble.gif
 
treschicgeek
post Jul 27 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #306


Sup. I'm Deb =]
*****

Group: Human
Posts: 650
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 68,227



Me and baby_in_blue have first dibs on Cristiano. shifty.gif
 
_sarcastic_
post Jul 27 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #307


<3
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,657
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 64,493



^he's not all yours whistling.gif
 
marzipan
post Jul 27 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #308


Krista.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,380
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 391,319



i don't get what is so attractive about him....
 
*baby_in_blue*
post Jul 28 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #309





Guest






QUOTE(treschicgeek @ Jul 27 2006, 7:41 PM) *
Me and baby_in_blue have first dibs on Cristiano. shifty.gif


laugh.gif Damn straight!!
 
x__rilind
post Jul 28 2006, 09:37 AM
Post #310


i wanna know what's inside...
****

Group: Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 395,784



Um... yeah, so it's quite awhile after the cup is over and done with and all.

But pretty please let me in?!

You all make me sad with the loads of banners about Ronaldo, and notta one for Rooney. Guess that means I'm not sharing. Haha.

So... yeah. That means I'm an England supporter. And Manchester United. Which makes me want to scream for all sorts of reasons, regarding the next season.

[EDIT]
And as for the 2010 World Cup, I'm graduating from Uni that year (unless my scheduling goes way wrong, which there is a slight chance it might.), and I've already told my father that he can but me tickets as a graduation present. My step-mum asked me why in the world I'd want to go to South Africa, complained that it's really hot there, and then proceeded to tell me I might've have been able to go this year. I sputtered, and then asked her why I was still in the states then.
[/EDIT]
 
*baby_in_blue*
post Jul 28 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #311





Guest






^ WOW. I`D KILL TO BE YOU RIGHT ABOUT NOW. SO YOU`LL BE 21 IN 2010? i will be!
 
towntown2
post Jul 28 2006, 07:21 PM
Post #312


Mais je ne l'aime pas
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 108,135



it's never too late to join.
Just wait until the founder gets online to see your posts and she'll add you.
 
marzipan
post Jul 28 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #313


Krista.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,380
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 391,319



QUOTE(rilind @ Jul 28 2006, 9:37 AM) *
So... yeah. That means I'm an England supporter. And Manchester United. Which makes me want to scream for all sorts of reasons, regarding the next season.

whoo! a fellow england fan
 
towntown2
post Jul 28 2006, 07:24 PM
Post #314


Mais je ne l'aime pas
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 971
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 108,135



QUOTE(aubbob. @ Jul 26 2006, 4:18 PM) *
i want cristiano's body on top of me

oh, honey, don't we all?
 
*baby_in_blue*
post Jul 29 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #315





Guest






^hell the f**k yes.
 
x__rilind
post Jul 29 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #316


i wanna know what's inside...
****

Group: Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 395,784



QUOTE(baby_in_blue @ Jul 28 2006, 8:18 PM) *
^ WOW. I`D KILL TO BE YOU RIGHT ABOUT NOW. SO YOU`LL BE 21 IN 2010? i will be!


Haha. I wish. They didn't tell me I might have been able to go until after the cup was almost over and done with. But regardless of wether my father buys me tickets or not, I plan on making my way down to South Africa.

I'll be 21 that October. Which won't matter then very much, but certaintely matters now.

^^Not all of us.
 
Danielle-Son
post Aug 5 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #317


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 448,573



I friggin love soccer, been playing it since I was 4, so 10 years I guess?

I know the world cup's over, but can I still join?

- Dani
 
marzipan
post Aug 5 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #318


Krista.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,380
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 391,319



sure! This isn't just for the world cup. It's to talk about soccer. Even though the majority of the talk was about the world cup. sweating.gif
 
treschicgeek
post Aug 11 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #319


Sup. I'm Deb =]
*****

Group: Human
Posts: 650
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 68,227



End it like Beckham: international career could be over

August 11, 2006 4:27 pm EDT

LONDON (AP) -- England may never again rely on David Beckham's bending free kicks.

Coach Steve McClaren on Friday left him off the squad that will face European champion Greece on Wednesday in an exhibition game.

The coach has not completely shut the door on one of soccer's most glamorous and popular players, but Mclaren is trying to build a national team without the 31-year-old Real Madrid midfielder.

"I spoke to David last Monday and notified him of my decision and said that I was planning for the future, looking to change things, and David wasn't included," McClaren said.

"At the present moment I am looking to take this team in a different direction. It's a new beginning. It's a clean sheet of paper for everybody and that's why I decided not to pick David Beckham."

The game against Greece is at Old Trafford, where Beckham scored some of his greatest goals for Manchester United and England. It was against Greece at Old Trafford that Beckham curled in a last-minute goal in 2001, putting England in the 2002 World Cup.

"Having spoken to Steve McClaren this week I can fully understand that a new manager should want to make his mark on the team and build towards the next World Cup," Beckham said in a statement. "I'm proud to have played for England for 10 years and my passion for representing my country remains as strong as ever."

England now must do without Beckham's free kicks and penalty kicks as well as his long passes of uncanny accuracy. It was Beckham's free kick in a 1-0 victory over Ecuador that got England through to the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Germany.

"I have great respect for him, fantastic captain for England, a great player and still is a great player and he took the news very well," McClaren said. "Although he was disappointed. I got the reaction I wanted and the reaction was that he would continue to fight for his place and I will never close to the door."

Beckham limped out of England's quarterfinal against Portugal with ankle and Achilles' tendon injuries and sat tearfully on the side as his team was eliminated in a penalty-kick shootout after a 0-0 tie.

The next day he stepped down as England captain after 58 games, but said he wanted to keep playing for national team.

Beckham's critics insist he should have gone long ago. His show-biz lifestyle, his high-profile marriage to former Spice Girl Victoria Adams and the wealth he gained through nonsoccer endorsements also prompted suggestions he was no longer interested in the game.

His ability with his accurate right foot made him a name on the soccer field and even became a movie title, "Bend It Like Beckham." But his critics said it was his only skill.

A right wing, Beckham doesn't dribble past opponents. He rarely gets into close-range shooting positions and the only goals he scores from open play are long shots. Although he has the stamina to run for 90 minutes, he no longer has much pace. He is also a poor tackler who regularly gets into trouble with referees for petulant behavior.

It was his retaliatory kick at Diego Simeone that led to a red card against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup. England had to play for another 73 minutes with 10 players, eventually losing in a shootout.

While playing for Manchester United, Beckham was blamed for England's elimination and jeered by rival fans. But he bounced back and became a favorite again, appointed captain of the national team. He inspired England to a 5-1 victory over Germany in a World Cup qualifier in Munich and guaranteed a spot at the 2002 World Cup with his last-minute free kick against Greece.

But England didn't make it past the quarterfinals in South Korea and Japan, and Beckham was partly to blame again.

Having just recovered from a broken left foot, Beckham jumped out of a tackle against Brazil, and the move led to a tying goal. Brazil won 2-1 and went on to capture its fifth title while England went home.

His goals helped England reach the 2004 European Championship. But Beckham, by then a Real Madrid player, shot high and wide from the penalty spot in another shootout loss to host Portugal.

Under Eriksson, Beckham stayed as captain and helped the team reach the 2006 World Cup. But he angered FIFA president Sepp Blatter when he deliberately fouled an opponent to get himself suspended from a World Cup qualifying game against Azerbaijan. He knew at the time he would miss the game because of injury.

Beckham made 94 appearances for England -- he was captain for 58 -- and has long said he'd like to reach 100. Only now, it's a "new beginning."




Oh my God. cry.gif
 
TrulyOutrageous
post Aug 12 2006, 09:38 AM
Post #320


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 450,831



sad.gif
 
x__rilind
post Aug 13 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #321


i wanna know what's inside...
****

Group: Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 395,784



^^

Saw that on MSN this afternoon, and just about had a bloody spasm.
McClaren is an arse, absolutely. He's said all along he's not fond of Beckham.
English National Squad's going to be a bit poor to come, me thinks.
 
Fantasticx
post Aug 15 2006, 09:23 PM
Post #322


I<3ps7
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 432,240



I wanna join i love soccer (: Fav player is Rhonaldino from brazil xDD .

-Stephaniie.
 
TrulyOutrageous
post Aug 16 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #323


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 450,831



Fantasticx my fav player is Ronaldino too.



_smile.gif
 
asphyxiated_cata...
post Aug 17 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #324


hi, i'm pathetic
***

Group: Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Feb 2006
Member No: 382,232



Aww I'm really sad about Beckham leaving England! cry.gif
 
*yrrnotelekktric*
post Aug 31 2006, 05:33 PM
Post #325





Guest






haha, i just finished watching she`s the man for like the 5 millionth time and it just made me want to post here happy.gif
 

17 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: