Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bert McCracken Coulorisation, <thats how they say it in the UK!
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 17 2005, 08:20 PM
Post #1


My name is really Matt... if you care.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 258,234





suggestions?
comments?
concerns?
problems?
kitty?


"_-)EDIT(-_"
haha! FEEEXED!

 
oXMuhNirvanaXo
post Nov 17 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,614
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,903



THE USED! I love it you must do more!

<3
 
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 17 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #3


My name is really Matt... if you care.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 258,234



QUOTE(oX_Muh_Nirvana_Xo @ Nov 17 2005, 9:22 PM)
THE USED! I love it you must do more!

<3
*


haha, ok...
i love ur avatar
almost as much as i love COOKIES!
 
talcumpowder
post Nov 17 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #4


You'll find me in your dreams.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,010



Skin color = ugh.
Blush = o-0 Err....
Purple hair = Too bright.
----
Skin color is too pale. Doesn't lok realistic. -shakes head- Blush is COMPLETELY out of place. Doesn't fit at all. And the hair is cool, just a little too bright.
I suggest you use LARGER pictures. 650px width is about the lowest width I usually work with. Then, I resize later.
 
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 17 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #5


My name is really Matt... if you care.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 258,234



QUOTE(fishcake-y @ Nov 17 2005, 9:44 PM)
Skin color = ugh.
Blush = o-0 Err....
Purple hair = Too bright.
----
Skin color is too pale. Doesn't lok realistic. -shakes head- Blush is COMPLETELY out of place. Doesn't fit at all. And the hair is cool, just a little too bright.
I suggest you use LARGER pictures. 650px width is about the lowest width I usually work with. Then, I resize later.

*


yeah that would have been easier....
but when i found this pic... it was like 200px wide!
i had to make it bigger, and you know u can only make things so big before they look crappy
 
talcumpowder
post Nov 17 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #6


You'll find me in your dreams.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,010



Zoom in reallllllllllly far. Then it's easier to work anyways.
 
Retrogressive
post Nov 17 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #7


Don't wake ghostie.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 2,405



AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
throb.gif
My first love, Bert.

Colorize his lips a natural pink and make his cheeks slightly more natural. Nice job Matt!

//edit
great job on the eyes. I like the skin because Bert's skin IS that colour. Post a the before pic.
 
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 17 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #8


My name is really Matt... if you care.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 258,234



thanks linda belle, i cant believe i forgot the lips! >_<

*bump*
 
Retrogressive
post Nov 17 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #9


Don't wake ghostie.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 2,405



When doing colorizations, it helps me to find colorized pics of the same person to see what looks natural and what doesn't. For instance:





See how his lips aren't soo pink? Actually, I would use that pink around his eyes, you know how he wears eye shadow sometime? And I guess his skin would be slightly tanner. But I still think it is a good photo. happy.gif

//edit

But sometimes I don't prefer a "natural" look. I know a lot of designers here aim for that but I like how creative the unnatural looks when done right. I'm actually liking the colors you used, maybe the skin should be yellower though. What program did you use btw?
 
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 17 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #10


My name is really Matt... if you care.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,442
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 258,234



thnks for the tip... i shoulda thought of that

yeah he looks cool w/ the pink eyeliner (I Caught Fire video!)
 
Retrogressive
post Nov 17 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #11


Don't wake ghostie.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,546
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 2,405



Ugh, I need to get to my TV!!! I'll just listen to the CD over and over again.
 
turbulent
post Nov 17 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #12


I intend to live forever-so far, so good.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,820
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,137



lol yeah the pink lips/cheeks is a lil too much/noticelable hahah besides that its good. you could use a more tanned skin color
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: