Headphones, what kind do you use? |
![]() ![]() |
Headphones, what kind do you use? |
Oct 16 2005, 07:33 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 4,357 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 28,115 |
So what kind of headphones do you use for your md/mp3/cd/etc. player?
I have these Sony earbud ones that I bought a couple years back. And I currently use these Sennheiser ones that came with my iRiver. But I've been using my mp3 player a lot lately, and my right ear hurts now probably from using those earbud headphones. And the quality from earbud headphones aren't that great :-\ So what do you use and are they good? Are you planning on getting new ones? What headphones do you suggest that aren't too bulky so I can carry around, but have good quality? Thanks. |
|
|
|
Oct 16 2005, 07:37 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() hi. call me linda. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 8,187 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 3,475 |
I use the ones that came with my iPod. But, they've been used so many times that they're wearing out. I might get the iPod earbuds with the remote though.
|
|
|
|
| *RiC3xBoy* |
Oct 16 2005, 07:39 PM
Post
#3
|
|
Guest |
I use the Sony Fontopia Headphone.
|
|
|
|
Oct 16 2005, 09:02 PM
Post
#4
|
|
![]() insanitys contagious. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 4,210 Joined: Feb 2005 Member No: 99,707 |
The ones that came with my h10 iriver.
|
|
|
|
Oct 16 2005, 09:30 PM
Post
#5
|
|
![]() Seoul Rocks! ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 936 Joined: Jun 2005 Member No: 155,811 |
I have a pair of headphones that came with my Dell MP3 player and a pair of Logitech WIRELESS HEADPHONES...
Here is a pic of my wireless ones. ![]() I got them for $ 149.95 from B & H Photo. |
|
|
|
Oct 16 2005, 09:41 PM
Post
#6
|
|
|
dripping destruction ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,282 Joined: Jun 2004 Member No: 21,929 |
nice, wireless. so i take it your headphones need batteries?
i have AKG K 26 P headphones. they're quite nice, seal out sound. i wish they were behind the neck, but oh well. 40 bucks from headroom. it is THE best pair of headphones in the 0- 150 buck range in my opinion. i haven't tried many others in that range, but these AKGs manage to have very good bass without distortion. I don't use bass EQs anymore- the headphones play the bass back truer to life. no washed out bass. very very nice portable headphones. even if you can afford high end grados, i'd suggest getting a pair of these AKGs for travel. |
|
|
|
Oct 16 2005, 11:47 PM
Post
#7
|
|
![]() Seoul Rocks! ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 936 Joined: Jun 2005 Member No: 155,811 |
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 04:21 AM
Post
#8
|
|
![]() say maydayism. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,447 Joined: Jun 2004 Member No: 26,344 |
I don't bother to buy better quality headphones so I just use the earbud ones.
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 05:57 AM
Post
#9
|
|
![]() bliss. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 735 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 41,566 |
the one came with my iPod...i want to buy a new one, too
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 09:21 AM
Post
#10
|
|
![]() cB Assassin ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 10,147 Joined: Mar 2004 Member No: 7,672 |
I have two headphones for different purposes.
When I'm on the subway I don't like the loud subway noises coming into my ears so I use the earbuds. Although when I'm walking around or on the ferry, I use my regular headphones. Earbuds - Sony Hook-ons Regular - Koss High-Bass |
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 10:09 AM
Post
#11
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 650 Joined: Jan 2005 Member No: 84,519 |
Just your standard iPod earbuds.
I've thought over and over again about getting one of the Shure sound-isolating earphones... but it always felt too expensive. Has anyone ever tried them before? |
|
|
|
| *takingbacksandy* |
Oct 17 2005, 10:30 AM
Post
#12
|
|
Guest |
QUOTE(eunie03 @ Oct 17 2005, 10:09 AM) Just your standard iPod earbuds. I've thought over and over again about getting one of the Shure sound-isolating earphones... but it always felt too expensive. Has anyone ever tried them before? i use the standard ipod earbuds too but they really hurt my ears. i'm too cheap and lazy to go buy another kind. my friend has the "in-ear headphones" and they are REALLY comfortable |
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 10:39 AM
Post
#13
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 650 Joined: Jan 2005 Member No: 84,519 |
QUOTE(takingbacksandy @ Oct 17 2005, 10:30 AM) i use the standard ipod earbuds too but they really hurt my ears. i'm too cheap and lazy to go buy another kind. my friend has the "in-ear headphones" and they are REALLY comfortable Yeaaah... those are the ones I'm talking about. But ~$80 is a lot of money for earphones The standard ones have been hurting me too. And they never stay still when running. |
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 02:40 PM
Post
#14
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 4,591 Joined: Dec 2004 Member No: 77,305 |
I also use the ones that came with my iPod.
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2005, 10:32 PM
Post
#15
|
|
![]() Wow, i dont know whats going on... ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,439 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 10,977 |
Sennheiser iRiver headphones.
I want the Shure e4c's. But they are 300 dollars. Hell I can even settle for the e3c's, hell even the e2's are fine for me. |
|
|
|
| *xcaitlinx* |
Oct 19 2005, 10:29 AM
Post
#16
|
|
Guest |
i HATE the ipod earbud headphones. i hate earbud headphones all together because my ears are small so they pop out constantly. and they hurt.
i have phillips ones that go behind your head. |
|
|
|
Oct 19 2005, 02:20 PM
Post
#17
|
|
![]() cB Assassin ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 10,147 Joined: Mar 2004 Member No: 7,672 |
QUOTE(takingbacksandy @ Oct 17 2005, 10:30 AM) i use the standard ipod earbuds too but they really hurt my ears. i'm too cheap and lazy to go buy another kind. my friend has the "in-ear headphones" and they are REALLY comfortable Sandy I recommend the Sony Hook-on Earbuds. They cost only $10 and have decent sound quality. Plus they don't hurt your ears. |
|
|
|
Oct 21 2005, 11:16 PM
Post
#18
|
|
![]() Wow, i dont know whats going on... ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,439 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 10,977 |
QUOTE(xnofearx @ Oct 19 2005, 2:20 PM) Sandy I recommend the Sony Hook-on Earbuds. They cost only $10 and have decent sound quality. Plus they don't hurt your ears. Ok, for everyone recommending headphones, I really wouldn't recommend something that costs like, 25 dollars or cheaper. If you want good qheadphones, with very good sound, then spend atleast 70. But if your going to use it so you wear em out, then I guess the 10 dollar ones will do. |
|
|
|
Oct 22 2005, 11:10 AM
Post
#19
|
|
![]() ...? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,023 Joined: Nov 2004 Member No: 62,467 |
I usually just use the ones that came with my iPod. But if I'm listening to my CD player I have Sony ones that go behind your head or some other cheap earbud ones. I really don't like earbuds but I don't have money to buy nice ones that aren't.
|
|
|
|
| *not_your_average* |
Oct 22 2005, 01:15 PM
Post
#20
|
|
Guest |
I use the white ones that come with my iPod. But I'm thinking about getting another better pair. The Shure ones look way too expensive, though. I'll try the Sony ones.
|
|
|
|
| *reflection* |
Oct 22 2005, 01:26 PM
Post
#21
|
|
Guest |
i have the ones that go behind your head
|
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |