Member No: 25,711

congrats everyone who made it _smile.gif

Where We Are
post Apr 26 2005, 07:30 PM
Post #127

Group: Member
Member No: 127,965

Someone mentioned Jason up there! ^

Come to think of it, now that Jason and the other regular disliked ppl are gone, the elites are beginning to bite each other in boredom. =X

xTINAA
post Apr 26 2005, 07:37 PM
Post #128

hello : )

Group: Official Member
Member No: 13,139

QUOTE(Where We Are @ Apr 26 2005, 6:30 PM)

Come to think of it, now that Jason and the other regular disliked ppl are gone, the elites are beginning to bite each other in boredom. =X

I really doubt that's why. Plus, Jason isn't gone. And no one is "biting each other".

micron
post Apr 26 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #129

cb's #1 fan! =)

Group: Advisor
Member No: 1

im disappointed how this turned out, really am. and i am quite disgusted by some of the assumptions made by some people here.

1) i did not have any take in the selection process, i just moderated it.
2) i dont know (either online or off) any of the new staff members.
3) dani was never a mod before.
4) the reason why seonho became an admin was because he served very capably as admin previously (him and gina were the first admins after me).
5) i am not hiding "behind the shades of the mods", i am perfectly capable of defending myself thank you very much. if you were also a vice president of your university's student association, served as an executive board member for three other clubs, excelled in academics, and worked on the side, you would be finding yourself short on time as well.
6) many more people are joining than leaving. and i highly doubt those who are leaving, aside from a incrediblely small minority, are because of my supposed lack of judgement.

i mentioned this in the "cb revolution" thread, but we have a set of standard procedures that admins perform when selecting the staff members. its simply impossible for someone to become a staff member just through one admin's biased preference, really is.

and regardless of what all of you may feel, i stand by the new staff members and have absolute faith that they will do a good job. given the opportunity, most people do. and in an event they don't, its our job to shoot ourselves in the foot, which i can promise you we will, and not yours.

innovation
post Apr 26 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #130

Member No: 52,931

QUOTE(Where We Are @ Apr 26 2005, 7:30 PM)

ah, the cynically observant sideliner. does he/she perhaps speak the truth?

inthemudhole
post Apr 26 2005, 07:51 PM
Post #131

Brie

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 20,548

Meh, I wasn't going to participate in any of this, but I have something to say.

Keeping my personal thoughts aside, I really think some of you are causing a scene because you are either bitter or jealous.
Notice I said the word "some," so don't jump all over me saying that you're not like that.

Seriously. There isn't anything you can do to change the current moderator situations, so get over it and stop causing a scene. I don't care if you're upset about it. I'm sure the admins and head staff have good reasons for why they chose the people that they did.

I do realize your disappointment on any side, but really....There isn't much you can do but to keep your head up and try again in the future. I'm sure the new mods are qualified.

And get off of Dani's case, really. It's nice to see someone else get the job. I was surprised that she did, but not in a bad way. Congratulations, Dani. Don't let this get to you. I realize a lot of you are surprised, but how would YOU like it if 90% of the people replying to this thread are questioning your skills and intelligence? I assure you that it wouldn't be a good feeling.

So get off of her case. Just wait until next time.

Anyway, that's all I have to say now, and no, I am most certainly not sucking up. I don't even want a moderator job anymore, so don't hold what I've said against me. I'm sick of people assuming that you're sucking up anytime you say something that goes along with what the admins have to say.

Have a nice day.

dani41790
post Apr 26 2005, 07:52 PM
Post #132

Hi! I'm Dani :)

Member No: 3,369

Man I really didn't think that if i became a mod it would cause people to be frustrated =\. Well i'm sorry if it upseted some of you. I'll just try to do my best and i'll quit with the stupid posts.

HelloSunshine
post Apr 26 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #133

High Voltage!∞

Member No: 29,157

QUOTE(dani41790 @ Apr 26 2005, 4:52 PM)
Man I really didn't think that if i became a mod it would cause people to be frustrated =\. Well i'm sorry if it upseted some of you. I'll just try to do my best and i'll quit with the stupid posts.

Well, Dani, good luck on the Staff happy.gif I'm sure you'll do a good job, regardless. Yeah, it made some people a bit frustrated, but the Admins picked you for a reason. Have fun on the Staff & Congrats flowers.gif

shortvi3tlaydee
post Apr 26 2005, 08:10 PM
Post #134

moohaha

Member No: 41,985

aww i didnt make it =[ well its okaii i think the people who got it deserve it more then me

sammi rules you
post Apr 26 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #135

WWMD?! - i am from the age of BM 2

Member No: 8,848

QUOTE(JlIaTMK @ Apr 26 2005, 2:06 PM)
Second, yes Dani, I feel very sorry because she's being "picked on" but it comes down to whether what you did was right or wrong. Was she not a mod 2 times before, and she left and came back and left and came back. Also, I would like to mention that plenty of the posts.... are pointless? Yes, is thatn ot against the guidelines.

um, i believe kathleen said above you that it was false......

i completely agree with brie. will you guys just stop whining? at least like, don't whine about on here. if anyone said stuff like this about you, i bet you'd feel pretty bad.

dani, i'll give you a chance. though, i'll admit, i was surprised when i saw your name on the list; many people were surprised when i was modded too.

sunissed14127
post Apr 26 2005, 09:02 PM
Post #136

I love you <33333

Member No: 30,404

Congrats to all! Good luck with the new jobs!

lolthissiteisfun...
post Apr 26 2005, 10:00 PM
Post #137

in love. unfortunately

Member No: 112,979

QUOTE(chii @ Apr 25 2005, 8:37 PM)
okay, i'm done being jealous that i didn't get picked cry.gif

congratulations to the people who were chosen happy.gif i think that XKali_chik_4_lifeX was one of the most qualified members chosen laugh.gif

agreed! and congrats guys! _smile.gif

gelionie
post Apr 26 2005, 11:02 PM
Post #138

say maydayism.

Member No: 26,344

Congratulations to everyone who made it!
I'm sure you all will do a great job _smile.gif

imafreakinazn
post Apr 26 2005, 11:10 PM
Post #139

My name is Jason, not imafreakinazn D:

Member No: 18,432

YAY!!!
congratulations all you who made it!
you lucky people would make great mods!

demolished
post Apr 27 2005, 12:46 AM
Post #140

Group:
Member No: 8,001

Heh, congrats everyone ! Those people seem to b perfect for that kind of job.

EddieV
post Apr 27 2005, 06:16 AM
Post #141

cB Assassin

Member No: 7,672

Congrats to everyone that made it...

*[2]Nekked*
post Apr 27 2005, 11:40 AM
Post #142

haha. yeah i just came back to post this once. i had to argue to get my password back, but after this post, i ask that an admin please unregister my account. im just posting because i feel that i have to (even if i dont) defend them (mainly roxanne) on this...

this is funny. you people have a way of assuming the worst about people and things that you generally dont have a clue about. i, for one, actually AM familiar with the moderation process (that is, if it was the same as the previous 'mod-harvesting' session, because jusun told me about it that first time) and i have to agree with him and roxanne in saying that it IS simply impossible for someone to be modded simply based on jusun being friends with that person. the entire selection has to be a unanimous decision between all decision-makers. meaning that if even ONE admin+rox declines a member from being modded, then they are automatically out of the running. if all three people put dani on their acceptance list, then there obviously is a reason that they are seeing, and that all of you are too ignorant to realize.

i dont personally like dani... well i dont know her, and that is sort of a bad sign, considering that a member of the people staff should actually..connect with the community.. i considered myself to be an active member of the community, and if i cant even recognize her, then that does call into question if shes right for the job (though im sure that her intentions are true)... but yknow what? it's none of my business. the admins chose who they wanted on the staff, and THEY are the ones who will have to work with them, essentially. so why are YOU all even worrying about it? you could at least give her a chance to prove herself before publically humiliating her, and again, as rox said, if you have a problem... take it up with the admins... dont go causing conflict on the board and dragging everyone else into it. that's just extremely childish. but then again, this is cb.

xquizit
post Apr 27 2005, 11:45 AM
Post #143

wanderlust personified.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 797

QUOTE([2]Nekked @ Apr 27 2005, 11:40 AM)
meaning that if even ONE admin+rox declines a member from being modded, then they are automatically out of the running. if all three people put dani on their acceptance list, then there obviously is a reason that they are seeing, and that all of you are too ignorant to realize.

You're right about the declining part, but a applicant doesn't necessarily have to be on all 3 of our "accept" lists to be chosen. There is also a "neutral" list. As long as the member is not in any 3 of our "decline" lists, then they are eligible to become a mod. I may have said too much. I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss the process with the regular members, but eh, you started it. tongue.gif

someflipguy
post Apr 27 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #144

I can't believe its not "Ryan"

Member No: 21,368

Well, what can I say, this thing is just stupid. Thats why I didn't even want to apply for being a mod this time, even though i want to be. I know people are going to BITCH like they are now and ask why why why. I don't care if I get in trouble and I don't care if yal delete it. But, people just need to shut the f**k up and leave the decision as is and go on with there own f**king business.

YaWeaveIzOnFiyah
post Apr 27 2005, 03:33 PM
Post #145

most definitely.

Member No: 103,416

I'm honestly disappointed. I didn't think it would be this blatanly obvious, but this staff choice (and also the whole Seon Ho situation) proves just how much Jusun favors friends over others, how much he overlooks qualification for friendship.

Look at her posts. Do not tell me she doesn't spam; you will be lying. Again, I am disappointed, not even because I wasn't chosen, but because she was.

Honestly, grow up. She was chosen, you weren't. Try next time, and quitting isn't solving anything by the way.

Congratulations, Dani and everybody else who was modded. Great job.

sadolakced acid
post Apr 27 2005, 06:26 PM
Post #146

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

QUOTE([2]Nekked @ Apr 27 2005, 11:40 AM)
the entire selection has to be a unanimous decision between all decision-makers. meaning that if even ONE admin+rox declines a member from being modded, then they are automatically out of the running.

hmm... i wonder if in the future, it can be released how many votes were for/against a person. either PMed to them, or posted in a thread.

xquizit
post Apr 27 2005, 07:18 PM
Post #147

wanderlust personified.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 797

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Apr 27 2005, 6:26 PM)
hmm... i wonder if in the future, it can be released how many votes were for/against a person.  either PMed to them, or posted in a thread.

what would be the point.

sadolakced acid
post Apr 27 2005, 07:29 PM
Post #148

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

no real point, i'm just curious as to who was close, and such.

lolthissiteisfun...
post Apr 27 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #149

in love. unfortunately

Member No: 112,979

^^ That would probably cause a bit of drama. Also, people would say, I thought people liked me, *sob*. SOME people, not ALL people, notice. And then it would almost be a popularity contest.

KissMe2408
post Apr 28 2005, 12:44 AM
Post #150

Yawn

Member No: 65,772

ok...truly..

You guys that want the population vote. A Population Vote doesn't necessarily mean that they are qualified to become a mod. If Cb members did indeed vote for what members should be mods, then it WOULD turn into a popularity contest, and it would be more about friends then skill. Ironic, that's what everyone is complaining about now. That friends were choosen over skill, but since when do we members really know whats going on backstage. Only the mods can know. And they didn't become mods unless the staff had good reasons to choose them.

Yes, Jusun does have a busy life out of cb. But that doesn't compromise his judgement on who is qualified to mod a forum. And if you say that he doesn't really "know" you well.... that's why he relied on the staff members opinions on who gets modded, they get to know us. To question their judgement is unreasonable. As Jusun said,

QUOTE(micron @ Apr 26 2005, 7:47 PM)
and regardless of what all of you may feel, i stand by the new staff members and have absolute faith that they will do a good job. given the opportunity, most people do. and in an event they don't, its our job to shoot ourselves in the foot, which i can promise you we will, and not yours.

Jusun and most of the staff members have been around this site much longer. For goodness sake, he created it. He knows what he's doing. I'm pretty disappointed on how selfish people are acting on here. We get to say our opinions and post them in a forum, and if you think that the people choosen makes life unfair, then tough. You're going to have to deal with this sorta thing all your life, and you will always have your opinion. Be mature about it.

We know the basis of the modding process. And we know what kind of people they are looking for to mod. They list the qualifications when they post the topic. And we know that the mods make a list and the compare lists and they spend numerous hours deciding which person would fit well for the job. They go through all the applications and have to pick through all the people on this site. That is all we need to know. Nothing more. We don't need to know the whole process in detail.

If a member is picked to be a mod that you didn't approve of, then tough. It's only your opinion, and you haven't seen that mod in action yet. That mod is going to have to prove themselves first, before you can really start to complain.

Basically, stop complaining. Let the mods do their jobs. Wait until they hire again, but after this whole ordeal that sprung up, i don't think they would be hiring anytime soon.

That's it. No more Talk about this whole mod thing.

8 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: