Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Are blk parents more strict, than white parents or any other race?
jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 23 2005, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Jus Sweet Chocolate

Group: Member
Member No: 216,959

well lets see, when i do bad things, i get in BIG trouble! i mean big trouble! even if the things i do, aren't that bad. but for my punishment, when i was younger, i wouldn't get grounded. i would get spanked with a belt. i dont kno why, but it seems like blk parents are more strict than white parents. like my friend erin, who's white, tells her mom to 'shutup' and cusses at her. Man, if that was me who knows wut would happen to me mellow.gif like with me and my friends all are moms are the same. they punish us the hard way. but it just seems that when a white kid gets into trouble they get grounded, and thats it. then they get all upset. like "ahh man i cant hang wit my friends". but when a blk kid gets in trouble, like myself, are parents make sure we dont do whatever we did, again! but since im older now, i dont get spanked with a belt, i usually end up gettin hit really hard then grounded. i just think that some white kids get away with a lot of things, that a blk kid would never get away with.

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 23 2005, 12:00 PM
Post #2

No.
Holy crap.
How strict you are does not have any connection whatsoever to your race.
White, asian, black, hispanic, middle eastern etc. parents are all parents and people and they will be as strict as they are as people, no matter what race they are.

Why is everyone on here soooo concerned with race?! Come on now, I'm the white person, I thought I was supposed to be the big racist bitch. stubborn.gif

PiGo
post Oct 23 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #3

Member No: 127,797

Well, my Mom is Italian, and my Dad is Black, and I find my mom to be stricter. Actually, my Dad gets me for a LOT more stuff than my mom does, like if a sock is hanging just out of the dirty clothes basket or if the books in my bookshelf aren't all put away in the right order, he'll make me immediately go to fix it, and if I don't he'll start hollering at me. But my Mom, when she gets mad, it's usually for "back talk" or the "looks" I give her, She'll SCREAM. and when I mean scream I don't mean yell, she'll SCREAM.
As far as punishments go, I've never really compared my punishments to my friends, so I'm not really sure. My Dad gives easier punishments than my Mom though.

*xcaitlinx*
post Oct 23 2005, 12:08 PM
Post #4

i don't know...but i have a friend who's white and her parents beat her with a belt sometimes. mellow.gif but then again a lot of my black friends have strict parents like that. i've never been spanked in my life--only hit on the head a few times...

i don't understand why parents hit their kids...especially younger ones. they're just teaching their young kids that it's okay to hit someone. there are plenty of other ways to discipline your child besides hitting them. when you hit your kid you're intimidating them and making them scared of you...so basically they think that you're a monster and are scared out of doing whatever they did bad again. hitting your kids or even spanking them should be illegal.....

and it's not that white kids "get away with it"--it's that their parents choose to punish their kids differently. (i think it's the right way to punish a child by grounding them instead of beating the shit out of them) i don't know how a parent can sleep at night after hurting their kid. that's the last thing i would want to do to mine.

Mulder
post Oct 23 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #5

i lost weight with Mulder!

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 79,019

QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Oct 23 2005, 12:00 PM)
No.
Holy crap.
White, asian, black, hispanic, middle eastern etc. parents are all parents and people and they will be as strict as they are as people, no matter what race they are.

Why is everyone on here soooo concerned with race?! Come on now, I'm the white person, I thought I was supposed to be the big racist bitch. stubborn.gif

i know!

trust me, my parents have been just as bad as any of yours. we get into fights about serious things, in which i end up hiding in my room, pushing on the door, trying to keep them out, while crying.

i win.

*Weird addiction*
post Oct 23 2005, 12:21 PM
Post #6

You just have strict parents. I get grounded, not whipped or beaten. My dad hit me once and i called the cops

jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 23 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #7

Jus Sweet Chocolate

QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Oct 23 2005, 1:00 PM)
No.
Holy crap.

omFg, why does it matter if ppl are concerned with race? what do you mean your suppose to be the big racist b****'? omG give me a breAk!

lovescream
post Oct 23 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #8

define our lives for us.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 43,293

because race doesn't depend on HOW THEY ACT, unless it's religiously or something. Black parents are PARENTS, asian parents are parents, white parents are parents, and so on. Not all black parents act so strictly, I know a lot of my friends' parents, who are african-american, that allow their kids to do whatever the hell they want to do.

.. Hey, do all of your topics have to include african-americans? mellow.gif

*jooleeah*
post Oct 23 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 23 2005, 1:47 PM)
because race doesn't depend on HOW THEY ACT, unless it's religiously or something. Black parents are PARENTS, asian parents are parents, white parents are parents, and so on. Not all black parents act so strictly, I know a lot of my friends' parents, who are african-american, that allow their kids to do whatever the hell they want to do.

I concur. Race has nothing to do with it.

jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 23 2005, 12:58 PM
Post #10

Jus Sweet Chocolate

QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 23 2005, 1:47 PM)

No, look around in my topics, they dont all include AFRICAN AMERICANS! _dry.gif

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 23 2005, 03:47 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(jEllyBeaNs @ Oct 23 2005, 12:40 PM)
omFg, why does it matter if ppl are concerned with race? what do you mean your suppose to be the big racist b****'? omG give me a breAk!

You make topics about equality and stuff all the time. How are we supposed to be equal when you're making race such a big issue? It's not. It's the color of your damn skin. It doesn't affect anything besides how tan you can get.

jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 23 2005, 04:09 PM
Post #12

Jus Sweet Chocolate

QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Oct 23 2005, 4:47 PM)
You make topics about equality and stuff all the time. How are we supposed to be equal when you're making race such a big issue? It's not.
It's the color of your damn skin. It doesn't affect anything besides how tan you can get.

oo wow, i make topics about equality and stuff! explain that please! u can easily be equal, nothing i am saving is seperating u from anyone or any race! and Omg u gotta help me out with this one, u say u cant be equal becuz im making race a big issue. RACE IS A BIG ISSUE! i didn't make it that way. and the rest of your quote makes no since what so ever, u say race is not a big issue, then u say its the color of your skin and that it doesn't effect anything besides how tan u get. wut is that suppose to mean? huh.gif

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 23 2005, 05:49 PM
Post #13

Um........

I'm trying to say race isn't a big issue. Because if you think about it, it isn't. You want people to refer to you as a person, not as your race, right? You want people to not make stereotypes about you based on your race, right? Because it's not an issue. Who cares what color your skin is? That doesn't dictate anything.

And my example of how tan you can get was just an example. Because of my skin pigmentation, I don't get very tan easily. That's the only thing it dictates.

Spirited Away
post Oct 23 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #14

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

Um, this has more to do with stereotype than race. Every parent has a different way of disciplining his/her children and I doubt race has anything to do with it. Culture, I think, is the more prominent factor.

sadolakced acid
post Oct 23 2005, 09:00 PM
Post #15

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

i don't think this qualifies as a debate.

and personally, if i see one more topic in debate that's just someone whining about race or perceived racism. i'm going to lose it.

screw it. i'm not waiting till the next topic.

do you know why black parents are more strict?

because they're trying to be like white parents.

and you're f**king stupid if you think they're strict because they're black.

oh right you get diciplined and all with a belt. wonderful. did you get hit in the head too? because if you didn't notice white people get hit too.

you know, it's not really a race thing. it's more of an intellegence/class thing.

generally more educated people are more inclined to not resort to force. ergo, less intellegent people are more of the physical punishment kind of people.

and then, less intellegent people tend to be poorer, and so i guess it's not really a class thing.

oh well.

that's right, i just called black parents stupid poor people.

go get me warned. flame me. whatever. i don't care.

because white trash, black trash, it's all trash.

Ington
post Oct 23 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #16

Member No: 17,125

I think I love Justin.
ohmy.gif

Ington
post Oct 23 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #17

Member No: 17,125

Suzzette, I don't think he did it to bash black people, I think he did it to throw everything into Jellybean's face.

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 23 2005, 09:14 PM
Post #18

He's making the same point I am, just more angrily.

sadolakced acid
post Oct 23 2005, 09:15 PM
Post #19

dripping destruction

well, i did it cus i'm really angry right now and it kinda helped to releive the anger.

i figure i do deserve a verbal warning, that was a blantant attack.

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 23 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #20

The repetitiveness about people telling me each race is different and acts different etc. etc. but then telling me I'm racist and I should be equal gets to me to.

I just don't put it on here. :P

BrokenDream
post Oct 23 2005, 09:17 PM
Post #21

<33

Member No: 114,234

QUOTE(brownsugar08 @ Oct 23 2005, 11:49 AM)
Like with grades...If a grade on my report card is lower than a 95...........Well then. I'm basically as dead as a living person can be.

If I don't say goodmorning to them? I'm not going on the computer/using the phone that day.

oh man. that's just not fair.

lower than a 95? at least it's not like your failing. and don't say good-morning? you don't have to. no offense but it does seem your parents are kind of wacko.

...well, i don't think so anyway. not everyone's parents are the same. some will be very strict. so no.

*mzkandi*
post Oct 23 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #22

Well Justin, I am going to verbaly warn you, as a black person I took offense to that. Debate your views in a more civil way.

AngryBaby
post Oct 23 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #23

L!ckitySplit

Member No: 129,329

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Oct 23 2005, 10:00 PM)
i don't think this qualifies as a debate.

and personally, if i see one more topic in debate that's just someone whining about race or perceived racism. i'm going to lose it. 

screw it.  i'm not waiting till the next topic. 

do you know why black parents are more strict?

because they're trying to be like white parents.

and you're f**king stupid if you think they're strict because they're black.

oh right you get diciplined and all with a belt.  wonderful.   did you get hit in the head too? because if you didn't notice white people get hit too.

you know, it's not really a race thing.  it's more of an intellegence/class thing. 

generally more educated people are more inclined to not resort to force.  ergo,  less intellegent people are more of the physical punishment kind of people.

and then, less intellegent people tend to be poorer,  and so i guess it's not really a class thing.

oh well.

that's right, i just called black parents stupid poor people. 

go get me warned.  flame me.  whatever.  i don't care.

because white trash, black trash, it's all trash.

little close to the line there justin ermm.gif be sure that if your gonna insult someone, be sure to insult the one person and not a race. that was unfair
but i can see what your trying to say, but there was a better way of saying it.

Rachel
post Oct 23 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #24

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

^x2Well this topic is pretty ridiculus.

Why is everything in debate suddenly turning towards racial issues?

Black parents and white parents are still all PARENTS. Their race does not determine how strict they are going to be. My parents aren't very strict and my friend Shanes' parents aren't strict either. Yes, Shane is black. He is out every night until 12 dealin drugs. I am guesing his parents are a lot LESS strick than mine don't you think? [I am not, by the way, saying that all black people are f**ked up drug dealers]

You see, my mexican, asian, white, black, puerto rican friends, we all have DIFFERENT parents who have DIFFERENT ways of treating us. Does our race influence it? NO. My boyfriend is white, his parents are a fuckload stricter than mine, but wait, we are both white?! Doesn't that mean, according to the debate topic starter, that our parents should be less strict than Shanes? Hmmm.

Ps, I confused myself there with my crazzzy example.
Summary: Youre skin color does not god damn determine how strict you are going to be.

sadolakced acid
post Oct 23 2005, 09:38 PM
Post #25

dripping destruction

yea that was pretty much over the line.

i'll apologize later when i'm not so angry and it won't come out all sarcastic.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: