Closed TopicStart new topic
itunes displaying another language, ID3 tags
xTINAA
post Mar 17 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #1

hello : )

Group: Official Member
Member No: 13,139

How do I get my iTunes to display Korean characters? I know this is possible because on some other computers it does it automatically. I do have Korean installed on my computer. I already tried to do Advance >> Convert ID3 Tags. If I select the none option, the squares (that are in place of the actual Korean characters) turn into the pronunciation of the Korean, so "babo" instead of 바보. Even if I try to manually type the Korean characters, it doesn't show up at all. Help please :)

Tung
post Mar 17 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #2

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

Have you tried enabling East Asian Language Font in your computer? This is done through the Control panel -> Language and Regional Settings. Its probably not turned on or selected that is why your computer and iTunes could not read those characters.

Also you might have to install the Windows IME for korean, this is for windows user, not sure if it's same for mac users, but after installing it, you have to reenter the titles in korean characters yourself again.

I use to have this same problem, but I did this and it worked for me. See below.

Ignore my songs ph34r.gif especially the Savage Garden. whistling.gif

superficial
post Mar 17 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #3

YUNJAESU<3

Member No: 585,275

I don't think it's the iTunes that's causing the Korean not to show. Sometimes it doesn't show because your computer isn't able to read them. You have to install some type of program that enables you to read, and type in a foreign language. I can't put Chinese characters on my iTunes nor can I type it. I can read it on my computer though. Same with Korean and other languages. Just install a program that enables you to read and type in Korean
Reason for edit: my mistake. disregard this post please XD

Tung
post Mar 17 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #4

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

^ She said she has Korean installed on her computer, but I guess that's why you need to turn it on though for you to be able to read it.

xTINAA
post Mar 17 2008, 08:55 PM
Post #5

hello : )

Member No: 13,139

omg omg thank you Tung!! I looooove you haha.. I have been messing with this for a while but I'm too stupid to have thought it was my computer instead of iTunes.

Btw I love Work and Truly Madly Deeply<33

---this can be closed :]
Reason for edit: closed on request. :). pm me if you want this reopend if you need any help about this in the future. -vini

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: