Closed TopicStart new topic
Having problems with saving pictures in Photoshop...
OperaGhost
post Nov 21 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 753,083

Okay, I just downloaded Photoshop CS3 to my computer a few weeks ago and I am kind of getting the hang of it but....whenever I go to save an image it doesn't save the way I made it in Photoshop. It always saves the picture a bit darker and whatnot. I also always save it as a .png but it still does what it does. Just to have an example, this is what it does whenever I save pictures:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/Leg...My_Love/RU3.jpg

Can anyone help me??? It is really starting to frustrate me. x|

brooklyneast05
post Nov 21 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #2

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

are you working in CYMK or RGB?

i have had an infinite number of problems with this too that have driven me up the wall. i'm guessing since yours gets darker then you're probably on a pc. i'm on a mac and have the exact opposite problem of all my files washing out when i try to save for web devices. i honestly don't know the ins and outs of this, all i know is it has something to do with color profiles (i guess) and every setting you switch will change it. for instance go to "view", "proof set up" and then alternate between mac rgb, windows rgb, and monitor rgb. when i put mine on monitor rgb, it more accurately reflects what i will end up seeing when i go preview for web devices. so therefore i just try to work in that so that i have more of a clue what i'm doing and it doesn't completely switch up on me when i go save. it's obnoxious and this is one of the reasons i hate photoshop and would rather work in illustrator almost exclusively because i never have these issues.

but like i said i don't know how all this works specifically, i've just messed around with it and tried to muddle through. hopefully someone who understands fully what's going on here can shed some more light. i'd really like to understand what's going on with this too so i know how to work around it.

TheOn3LeftBehind
post Nov 24 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #3

~* Traditional Witch

Member No: 553,061

Oh I know what you mean, it's annoying as hell. Try saving it in a different type, such as a PNG or something. That's all I got. xD

Blyat
post Nov 24 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #4

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

QUOTE(TheOn3LeftBehind @ Nov 24 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Oh I know what you mean, it's annoying as hell. Try saving it in a different type, such as a PNG or something. That's all I got. xD

quote:"I also always save it as a .png but it still does what it does"

TheOn3LeftBehind
post Nov 25 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #5

~* Traditional Witch

Member No: 553,061

QUOTE(Uso @ Nov 24 2009, 08:26 PM) *
quote:"I also always save it as a .png but it still does what it does"

Meh. >: |

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: