Closed TopicStart new topic
stay
iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 160,712

i finally uploaded part of my swf file but i'm having a problem making the file be still and not disappear. heres the file http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=layoutsp6.swf can somebody please help?

and im using flash mx

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 07:35 PM
Post #2

i have flash mx and when i preview it it loops how do you make it not do that. it works when i do ctrl enter but when i play the scene or document it repeats.

JenxCrazii
post Jan 7 2007, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Photoshop Mii Life(;*

Member No: 489,110

hi maybe i can help.. buhh, whats mx flash?? wacko.gif

i meant flash mx.. _unsure.gif

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #4

its macromedia flash mx basically its like macromedia flash 8 almost its imilar i wasnt able to purchase plash 8 becaus emy trial ended so yeahhh

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 08:17 PM
Post #5

To stop it from looping, click the frame where that would occur. I'm guessing the last frame in your case. Open the Actions window. On the last frame, place the following into it:
// Stops the playhead at Frame 1
stop();
This is what I found when searching using Google and it worked. :)

Flash MX is a flash animation program.

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 08:29 PM
Post #6

okay i tried putting the code in, but now there isnt motion im not sure what i did wrong. im not sure if this would help but here is screennshot http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/2078/screenxq7.png

it still blinks like this http://img456.imageshack.us/my.php?image=homieix9.gif

i just really wnat it to look like this http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bananain1.gif
but flash infused

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #7

In the first screenshot, you didn't create a motion tween so I don't think there would be any motion. _unsure.gif

In the third screenshot, I don't see anything moving. What do you mean by flash-infused? Are you trying to have the friends list scrolling, or what?

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 08:42 PM
Post #8

im sorry im such a beginner. but how do i add a motion tween? on a layer or key frame? the third screenshot isnt supposed ot move. right now thats the format of how i want my myspace. i jsut want like how to make texts and images appear or something fancy that you can tell is flash and not a div layout. also i don't get how i can make my my space friends and comment sinto a file and yes i want a scrollbar. i really appreciate this help. thank you :]

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #9

Basically, you create a keyframe on say frame 20. On the first frame, you position your symbol as you want it to appear at the beginning of the motion. On frame 20, you modify the symbol as you want it to appear at the end of the motion. At any frame in between, you right-click and add a motion tween.

If you're still having difficulty, please read this tutorial. It explains motion tweening very well! :)

As for having all your friends and comments in it's own file, yes, you can do that but it depends on how you want it to look. By scrollbar do you mean having your friends list scroll, as in moving from one side to the other?

(Sorry if I cannot help at some point; I'm a newb at Flash myself.)

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #10

THANKS! I'll try what you said i have like 4 itens. so that means ill have to insert a keyframe for all four of the layers? anywho i wnat a horizontal scroll for my friends.

okay there is a motion tween for all of my layers. but when i preview it the image will still blink and i put that action script in all layers for all the possible places. this is so frustrating. /:

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #11

Okay, let's start simple and from the beginning.

Since each layer isn't going to be a different motion, I don't think you have to create a key frame on each layer.

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm guessing the profile picture isn't supposed to blink?

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 09:09 PM
Post #12

i am just trying to make the lines, text, and picture appear in flash. when i preview it goes smoothly. the lines and text appears first, followed by the picture, but when i upload. they all jsut start blinking. i hope this own't be harder when i keep on adding more objects. i am just trying to make a aimple flash myspace.

i would like all my things to appear liek this girl's myspace http://myspace.com/rathy

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 09:19 PM
Post #13

So if you want it to be really similar to her MySpace, then yes, you would have to create each link in the navigation on each layer and create a key frame for each. Since whenever some element of the layout appears, it's through motion.

When you upload, what are you saving it as? What file type?

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 09:37 PM
Post #14

im saing it as swf

okay so, so far im doing it correctly? except when its time to upload? how would you put a links in the navigations and layer and such. when you code it would it be like layer1. then the acton script?

JenxCrazii
post Jan 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #15

Photoshop Mii Life(;*

ohh kewll..buhh how do we use it?? ohmy.gif

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #16

Okay; it's the proper file type.

Can you explain the intended motion? That way, I can try to tell you where and how it can be done.

Edit: Well, uploading it doesn't change the file so I'm guessing there's something you're doing that isn't right. I haven't created navigation links in Flash yet (I tried and became frustrated and also didn't have time) so I'm to refer you to a link that will show you how to create a simple one step-by-step.

As for the actionscript, you would place that for the last frame for each motion. So after the text appears, you would use it on the last frame. After the content appears, you can paste that script for the last frame.

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #17

the only motion it's supposed to have is to appear.

*mona lisa*
post Jan 7 2007, 10:11 PM
Post #18

But appear in which way? Have it rotate, zoom in/out, fade in/out, swish across the screen, whichever way? Really, it depends on exactly how you want it to appear. _smile.gif

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 7 2007, 10:20 PM
Post #19

oh i think its swish but i really don't care as long as it appears and has a flash effect.

JenxCrazii
post Jan 7 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #20

Photoshop Mii Life(;*

hrmm, i see ur problemm buhh i dunnoo wat to do..srys _unsure.gif

talcumpowder
post Jan 7 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #21

You'll find me in your dreams.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 114,010

... Erm, I am, going to merge this with your previous topic. Just for the sake of keeping everything together.

And JenxCrazii, if you cannot help then please don't respond.

-> Topics Merged.

*mona lisa*
post Jan 8 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(iluvcrazyworld @ Jan 7 2007, 10:20 PM) *
oh i think its swish but i really don't care as long as it appears and has a flash effect.
Well, here's something really simple.

On its own layer, write out your content/about me text using the type tool in frame one. If you read the first tutorial I linked you to, you should know that you should convert it to a symbol if you want to use a motion tween on it. On frame 1, position the text somehwere outside the canvas. On frame 20 (or wherever else), create a key frame. Position the text in the area that you want (as you showed in the third screenshot). Then add a motion tween. Set the properties of the tween in the Properties window. On the last frame, add the actionscript. That will stop the loop. You can simply do the same any other layers where a link isn't involved. I believe it's different if you are making a navigation or friends list. Oh, and I don't think the comments can be done in Flash. The comment box can (I just don't know how >.<).

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 8 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #23

OMGAWSH I GOT IT :] THANKS SO MUCH but how do i make the motion go slower http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=extraht4.swf i tried to do the same th ing for two other layers but it didn't work i wnat them all to move at a different pace. so for all the layers i did what i did to the others which is add the action to all 3 of the layers but only one of the layers moved.

*mona lisa*
post Jan 8 2007, 07:21 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(iluvcrazyworld @ Jan 8 2007, 7:17 PM) *
OMGAWSH I GOT IT :] THANKS SO MUCH but how do i make the motion go slower http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=extraht4.swf
Making it slower..... hmm. Try changing the number of frames per second in the Properties window. By default, it's 12. I forget if you're supposed to increase or decrease it though. pinch.gif

iluvcrazyworld
post Jan 8 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #25

http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hmmdg6.swf

okay i got part of it this is the motion i want for everything that will be on my page.
i tried to do the words like this but it didn't work

im basing it on this

http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/shape_tween.asp

this is how i will want everything to appear like

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: