Reply to this topicStart new topic
f**k No Sex Before Marriage
Tung
post Mar 12 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #1

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

Honestly, the people who believe in not having sex before marriage is setting themselves for a huge risk. Why you ask? You're about to marry someone you've never had sex with, and after you're married, they are going to be your sex partner for the rest of your life.

People who say sex isn't a big deal and that important in a healthy relationship are kidding themselves. There are those who have sexual chemistry, and some who just have general personality chemistry. Also, of course you can have both. What I'm saying is that, why set yourself up for a risk and marry someone you haven't sexually experienced yet? You two could be have the best relationship and get married. However, what happens after you guys get married, and your partner totally sucks at sex? You're screwed, and stuck with that person for the rest of your life, until maybe you want a divorce. But why go through all that, and deal with the financial burden of one?

Also, it's also a good thing, to live with someone you're about to marry. Again, you're going to be with your spouse for quite some time under the same roof after you're married. I've seen too many times couples who never lived with one another, get married, and move in together for the first time. They have so much problems with living with one another.

So I say, f**k the no sex before marriage rule. Have all the sex you can get in the relationship before getting married, and know what you are getting yourself into.

edit: oops posted in wrong forums. mod move to relationship plox.

Sumiaki
post Mar 12 2008, 03:10 AM
Post #2

NO WAI! R u Srs?

Group: Member
Member No: 28,094

I think of it like buying a car. Must test drive. thumbsup.gif

EddieV
post Mar 12 2008, 03:15 AM
Post #3

cB Assassin

Group: Official Member
Member No: 7,672

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Mar 12 2008, 04:04 AM) *
Honestly, the people who believe in not having sex before marriage is setting themselves for a huge risk. Why you ask? You're about to marry someone you've never had sex with, and after you're married, they are going to be your sex partner for the rest of your life.

People who say sex isn't a big deal and that important in a healthy relationship are kidding themselves. There are those who have sexual chemistry, and some who just have general personality chemistry. Also, of course you can have both. What I'm saying is that, why set yourself up for a risk and marry someone you haven't sexually experienced yet? You two could be have the best relationship and get married. However, what happens after you guys get married, and your partner totally sucks at sex? You're screwed, and stuck with that person for the rest of your life, until maybe you want a divorce. But why go through all that, and deal with the financial burden of one?

Also, it's also a good thing, to live with someone you're about to marry. Again, you're going to be with your spouse for quite some time under the same roof after you're married. I've seen too many times couples who never lived with one another, get married, and move in together for the first time. They have so much problems with living with one another.

So I say, f**k the no sex before marriage rule. Have all the sex you can get in the relationship before getting married, and know what you are getting yourself into.

I'm for sex before marriage.

However just to add, when you've only had one partner, you'd think he/she is great, because that's all you have.

S-Majere
post Mar 12 2008, 03:22 AM
Post #4

Addict

Member No: 538,522

I was, and still am to some extent, quite taken with the idea of saving myself for marriage.

Yes, there's always the test-driving analogy, but there's a lot more to be said for choosing to show a little self-restraint.

(I'm not religious in the slightest, the idea just appeals to me)

absinthe
post Mar 12 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #5

GD. <3

Member No: 198,566

I think you'd know if you were sexually attracted to your significant other regardless of whether or not you decide to do the deed.

That being said, I'm not religious attached to the idea -- or at all for that matter. I'm just not going to jump into bed for the sake of verifying our sexual compatibility. I guess it all depends on how our relationship progresses, and how we both feel about it. Plus, I highly doubt that intelligent people in serious relationships are fickle enough to end a relationship based on mediocre performances in the bedroom. If they fail, make them better. wink.gif

IMO, its special regardless of performance if you love each other.

shrug.gif

Just_Dream
post Mar 12 2008, 04:07 AM
Post #6

durian

Member No: 3,860

I'm not going to choose sides because I see totally understand why people choose to save it until they are married. People want it to be a meaningful experience, so by having your "first" with someone you're married to and who is also a virgin, it's something that only you two share with each other. You know what I mean? Of course there might be times where the marriage falls apart, but that doesn't mean saving it didn't mean anything.

Honestly, it just depends on a person's perspective of what the initiation of intercourse really means to them. I've only had 1 sexual partner in the past 5 years that I've been sexually active, and fortunately things are still going well with him. Am I married? No. Should I have saved it? Maybe. But even then, I don't think I have strong enough morals to maintain abstinence until marriage. sweating.gif Honestly, kudos to the couples who are in relationships lasting 5+ years and both are still virgins. It shows that there isn't a dependence on sex to keep a relationship strong, although I would have to say that they are missing out on the pleasures of sex... whistling.gif

EDIT - and yea sorry if my answer seems a little biased, since we all know my situation. sweating.gif

datass
post Mar 12 2008, 06:26 AM
Post #7

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

agree with sulphur

illriginal
post Mar 12 2008, 08:02 AM
Post #8

Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Mar 12 2008, 04:04 AM) *

Damn son... you're straight up Americanized.

Technically speaking, sex is all about evolution. Bringing another human into this world. It's not really supposed to be used as some sort of sport or stress reliever. Even though we can look at it that way, specially when there's protection.

What exactly made you come up with this "f**k no sex before marriage" philosophy? I thought Asians in general had more morals than this. I guess it's true, that cultures are truly dying.

I also wanna add, why not just stay a virgin til' you're married?... When you have sex for the first time with your partner, it's gonna just as great for the both of you. Then you can go ahead and pick up a karma sutra book and learn new exciting moves/positions. Or even pick up on dancing for flexibility and endurance.

stephinika
post Mar 12 2008, 08:59 AM
Post #9

Member No: 41,748

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Mar 12 2008, 02:07 AM) *
I'm not going to choose sides because I see totally understand why people choose to save it until they are married. People want it to be a meaningful experience, so by having your "first" with someone you're married to and who is also a virgin, it's something that only you two share with each other. You know what I mean? Of course there might be times where the marriage falls apart, but that doesn't mean saving it didn't mean anything.

Honestly, it just depends on a person's perspective of what the initiation of intercourse really means to them. I've only had 1 sexual partner in the past 5 years that I've been sexually active, and fortunately things are still going well with him. Am I married? No. Should I have saved it? Maybe. But even then, I don't think I have strong enough morals to maintain abstinence until marriage. sweating.gif Honestly, kudos to the couples who are in relationships lasting 5+ years and both are still virgins. It shows that there isn't a dependence on sex to keep a relationship strong, although I would have to say that they are missing out on the pleasures of sex... whistling.gif
EDIT - and yea sorry if my answer seems a little biased, since we all know my situation. sweating.gif

Haha, its all good but yeah I have to say I agree with you and what Anisha said too. I'm not for premarital sex but I'm not against it either. It really depends on the people and the relationship. I think as long as you're being smart about it and being responsible, then go for it. Its the individual's own choice right? So yeh.
And I've only had one sexual partner as well and so far things are going well, so yeh. That just kinda ties in to what Christina said.

*paperplane*
post Mar 12 2008, 09:11 AM
Post #10

I think there's too much emphasis on virginity. If that's the greatest "gift" I've got, then my life is f**ked.

swishersweet
post Mar 12 2008, 10:36 AM
Post #11

Get at me

Group: Member
Member No: 125,964

i guess it depends on your ethics and morals..

misoshiru
post Mar 12 2008, 10:56 AM
Post #12

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

QUOTE(stephinika @ Mar 12 2008, 09:59 PM) *
And I've only had one sexual partner as well and so far things are going well, so yeh.

O_O but I thought you and....and..what was his name again? or I assumed. hahaha.

Tung
post Mar 12 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #13

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Mar 12 2008, 06:02 AM) *

You got that right. Fuck the Vietnamese culture.

There, I said it.

Bang till your dick is sore.

S-Majere
post Mar 12 2008, 12:34 PM
Post #14

Addict

Member No: 538,522

Tung, did you have a bad break-up or something?

superstitious
post Mar 12 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #15

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Mar 12 2008, 12:31 PM) *

... lol

I was raised Mormon and was constantly being told to wait until I married. Since I don't believe in marriage (for myself), I didn't wait (obviously). Besides, I like sex A LOT. I like sex too much to have to be married to someone in order to have it.

Tung
post Mar 12 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #16

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(S-Majere @ Mar 12 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Tung, did you have a bad break-up or something?

No, I'm still in a relationship right now.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Mar 12 2008, 10:35 AM) *
I was raised Mormon and was constantly being told to wait until I married. Since I don't believe in marriage (for myself), I didn't wait (obviously). Besides, I like sex A LOT. I like sex too much to have to be married to someone in order to have it.

You go girl! Milf status.

illriginal
post Mar 12 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Mar 12 2008, 01:31 PM) *
You got that right. Fuck the Vietnamese culture.

There, I said it.

lol one of the gravest sins... to be ashame of your skin color, race/ethnicity/culture.

Good luck to ya... and your sex adventures lol

Tung
post Mar 12 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #18

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Mar 12 2008, 10:40 AM) *
lol one of the gravest sins... to be ashame of your skin color, race/ethnicity/culture.

Good luck to ya... and your sex adventures lol

Sins? I'm not a believer in the whole sins and good deeds stuff. I'm an atheist. Do I ever feel guilty when I "sin"? Of course, but everyone does wrong.

My sex adventures? I never dated a Vietnamese girl, but I have had sex with them. I think my sex adventures is just fine.

stephinika
post Mar 12 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #19

Member No: 41,748

QUOTE(misoshiru @ Mar 12 2008, 08:56 AM) *
O_O but I thought you and....and..what was his name again? or I assumed. hahaha.

Haha, his name was Adrian and nope. Thats one of the reasons I kinda ended things...he pressured me in that direction in an awkward manner and just...yeah. I'm not going to get into it. mellow.gif

illriginal
post Mar 12 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(tungmyBANANA @ Mar 12 2008, 01:42 PM) *
Sins? I'm not a believer in the whole sins and good deeds stuff. I'm an atheist. Do I ever feel guilty when I "sin"? Of course, but everyone does wrong.

Yar.. I was generally speaking about being ashamed of your origins.

My sex adventures? I never dated a Vietnamese girl, but I have had sex with them. I think my sex adventures is just fine.

K

Just_Dream
post Mar 12 2008, 01:44 PM
Post #21

durian

Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Mar 12 2008, 06:02 AM) *

Technically speaking, sex is all about evolution. Bringing another human into this world. It's not really supposed to be used as some sort of sport or stress reliever. Even though we can look at it that way, specially when there's protection.

You're undermining the emotional aspect of sex. So you would HAVE SEX to give birth? That's taking away pleasures from it. That's like telling a person to read a book for a class, and not enjoy it. That they should only read the book during that class, and ONLY IF they are taking that class. And sex is all about evolution? LMAO. Darwinism is evolution. Let's not bring science into this. It may "not be" a stress reliever or a sport, but why tell people it cannot be? If it's something someone enjoys, no one should inhibit it. I'd much rather enjoy having sex than knowing that I have to have sex ONLY to conceive a child, kthx.

I thought Asians in general had more morals than this.

LULZ WUT? Don't stereotype us. We have morals, but it doesn't mean we're SO DIFFERENT that we can't have pre-marital sex. Oh yea and I bet you'd also say that homosexuality shouldn't happen in Asian cultures because Asians in general had more morals than this. rolleyes.gif Oh yes and Americans are so goddamn sex crazed, they have less morality! Honestly, I'm not trying to undermine those who believe in sex AFTER marriage - it's all sweet and dandy that they choose to do so, but I dislike biased views that undermine the enjoyment of sexual pleasure.

As for being Americanized... well some (or many) of us are ________ - American. Except Steph. She's like, Asian-Hispanic-Canadian. <333 lol this could be moved to debate, BUT the topic title sucks. :P

brooklyneast05
post Mar 12 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #22

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Mar 12 2008, 08:02 AM) *
I thought Asians in general had more morals than this.

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Mar 12 2008, 01:44 PM) *
LULZ WUT?

x2

illriginal
post Mar 12 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Mar 12 2008, 02:44 PM) *
You're undermining the emotional aspect of sex. So you would HAVE SEX to give birth? That's taking away pleasures from it. That's like telling a person to read a book for a class, and not enjoy it. That they should only read the book during that class, and ONLY IF they are taking that class. And sex is all about evolution? LMAO. Darwinism is evolution. Let's not bring science into this. It may "not be" a stress reliever or a sport, but why tell people it cannot be? If it's something someone enjoys, no one should inhibit it. I'd much rather enjoy having sex than knowing that I have to have sex ONLY to conceive a child, kthx.
LULZ WUT? Don't stereotype us. We have morals, but it doesn't mean we're SO DIFFERENT that we can't have pre-marital sex. Oh yea and I bet you'd also say that homosexuality shouldn't happen in Asian cultures because Asians in general had more morals than this. rolleyes.gif Oh yes and Americans are so goddamn sex crazed, they have less morality! Honestly, I'm not trying to undermine those who believe in sex AFTER marriage - it's all sweet and dandy that they choose to do so, but I dislike biased views that undermine the enjoyment of sexual pleasure.

As for being Americanized... well some (or many) of us are ________ - American. Except Steph. She's like, Asian-Hispanic-Canadian. <333 lol this could be moved to debate, BUT the topic title sucks. :P

I would actually bother to even give this a chance in debating this with you and actually destroy your post. But I much rather just sit back and laugh at this nonsense. Though it would be a waste of time in the first place, tryin to debate with American-(ized) youngsters.

queen
post Mar 12 2008, 02:11 PM
Post #24

‹(. .)›

Member No: 20,089

i'm too lazy to type out my whole argument, so i'll just say i agree with agiri's and just dream's posts.

brooklyneast05
post Mar 12 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #25

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

DING DING,
Christina WINS

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: