Reply to this topicStart new topic
My computer is so screwed up., And I dont know how to fix it.
ichiban
post Jan 24 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #1

ilikeyouSofreakingmuch.

Group: Member
Member No: 643

Hmm, okay let's see.

What's wrong with my computer:
- i keep getting popups, even though i have google popup blocker
- now when i get popups though, and i click CLOSE, it doesnt close
- whenever i try to go to my control panel, my documents, pictures, my computer, and all those other things, a window pops up saying "Explorer!" and everything closes
- i have spybot, but now whenever im checking for problems, the whole thing freezes and i have to close it. so basically i cant use it
- now whenver i open internet explorer, and i want to type something into the address bar, nothing happens. it's like my keyboard is dead. but when i typed into Microsoft Word it worked. and then i realized that I couldnt close the window and that's why i can't type.
- I checked for a virus, but then my computer froze and everything shut down

I have no idea what's happening to my computer, and it's kind of new. Like a year old I guess.

So any of you know how to fix this? My computer is really frustrating me. It took me ten tries to get to this page without having anything shut down.

auroradude
post Jan 24 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Member No: 89,663

You should download this:

ftp://ftp.download.com/pub/win95/utilities/aawsepersonal.exe

Trust me - it works. Also get Norton Systemworks 2005. That has utilities that will clean your computer up really good like WinDoctor - fixes registry errors. If you arent computer savvy like me, then just download the above file and run the scan after you install.

ZXCVBNMASDF
post Jan 30 2005, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Member No: 59,375

You might need professional help since everything keeps on freezing. If you can't do anything on you're computer, call for a computer technician or something. Or look at the basic manual [if you still have it]. You might want to get a new spyware/adware/popup remover/blocker. If it keeps freezing, go ask for outside help.

jennyjenny
post Jan 30 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Member No: 28,115

You could always restore your computer.

blurredvision
post Jan 30 2005, 02:38 PM
Post #5

Member No: 93,124

my pc is new...but i think that the problem with most ppl is that they dont care of their pc from the beginning

my last pc lasted for 6 years.
that was cuz i didnt download all types of crap on it...
i love my pc.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: