6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Leniency my ass
*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 01:51 PM
Post #1

"Tung shut up" was closed. Was it hurting anyone? Did it offend Tung? Did you see him bitching and moaning about it? Maybe he reported it and if he did, what a pussy (but I presume he did not). Anyways, so what if it was pseudo spammy. So what if others thought it was stupid? People were participating, actually sticking to the topic (OMFGZOMGLOLZINORITE?) and people were having fun. Why was it closed? Spam. Who the f**k cares? Who was it hurting? Why not just leave it open?

I know this was discussed backstage and I know people were told to be more lenient. If there's not much work to do as people staff, you don't have to go looking for it. If things are running smoothly, just be a normal person. Don't moderate shit because it can be.

edit: http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...192082&st=0
they're just talking about themselves! Why isn't that closed?

Do you have to add in a question so that it's not considered spam? Does it have to appeal to the masses and be something everyone can participate in?

superstitious
post Oct 25 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #2

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

I'm not sure why this one was closed either. Sure it was a really old topic (bumped by a moderator, I believe) but people were having fun in it.

The Lounge is supposed to be pretty mod-free, from what I can remember Jusun saying. Only topics that are advertisements and blatant spam should be moderated. What is so different between the topic Steven is referring to and the AIM thread?

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:13 PM
Post #3

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 485,356

Hi Steven.

About Tung's topic, sure, Trish wanted him to STFU, no problemo but then it deviated. People were actually spamming. There are so many topics that aren't exactly serious but were left open because people stayed on topic.

EDIT// Also, Tung apologized for f**king with Trish. Trish forgave him. So I don't exactly see why it should remain open.
She can always create a 'Tung I accept your apology thread'. By the way, I wasn't looking for something to moderate. I was simply doing what I thought was right.

As for the second topic, she wasn't only talking about herself, she asked a question. Re-read it. So yes, it should remain open.

Rebecca, ><.

superstitious
post Oct 25 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #4

Tick tock, Bill

^ sneaky :P

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #5

Our dirty little secret. wink.gif

Although, you could've PMed me. You being much more experienced and all.

Wrong smiley. rolleyes.gif

superstitious
post Oct 25 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #6

Tick tock, Bill

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Oct 25 2007, 02:18 PM) *
Our dirty little secret. wink.gif

Although, you could've PMed me. You being much more experienced and all.

Wrong smiley. rolleyes.gif

XD Except I didn't know exactly who closed it. I just saw it closed in The Lounge view. ;) I only figured you reopened it because of your response here.

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #7

I actually closed it because I assumed people are going to be saying 'see ya' 'bye'. Ya know?

I guess I think too far ahead. -shrug-

*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #8

That happened to be the subject of the day. It happens to a lot of things. But anyhow, even if it was deviating, who was it hurting? Why did it have to be closed? If the PM comment was directed at me, I feel this should be something for everyone to add input. This isn't an attack at you Sandra.

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #9

But you can always create a new subject of the day and I'll post in it. Steven, I don't have a stick up my ass so I understand what you mean. The topic was ... dead. It wasn't cute spam anymore. (no offense Trish).

The PM post was @ Rebecca. I was going to PM you but I read your signature. ><

Insurmountable
post Oct 25 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #10

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

If you want open so bad, and the only thing thats in is spamming then do you want the VIP lounge to become the shit box again?

Tung
post Oct 25 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #11

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

...wtf? I didn't report shit to any mods to close the topic lol.

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:33 PM
Post #12

Also Steven, I actually think we are very lenient. mellow.gif

FOR THE RECORD, Tung didn't report it. Haha.

*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #13

Tung, I was saying if. I didn't think you did.

VIP Lounge to become it again? If the VIP lounge sucks so bad, why do we still have it? Wasn't suzzette a major proponent of it? Who else is pushing to keep it open anymore?

Sandra I wasn't accusing you over moderating for the sake of moderating.

PS My PMs work, that was 2 months ago or so and is a recycled sig.

I didn't say you had a stick up your ass.

Regardless, even if it was spammy, why close it? I don't think it was dead. It had 5 responses today.

La la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Kay well I'll be sure to bring it up if things are being closed here there or anywhere for no apparent reason other than it's sorta spammy.

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #14

-sigh-

I know you weren't accusing me. I also know you don't think I have a stick up my ass.

I swear, nobody understands me these days. I need to sleep.

pinch.gif

EDIT// Can you compare it to spam threads relating to Tung and penis? I post in those topics!!

Trish accepted his apology so now, Tung can open his mouth. So the topic isn't valid anymore. >< I'm over thinking.

Insurmountable
post Oct 25 2007, 02:42 PM
Post #15

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

Honestly there no big deal with it being open but it was really spammy by the end of it and was completely off the topic of telling tung to shut up, and in the forum rules it does have spam wink.gif

And yea, I think we should just get rid of the VIP lounge shrug.gif

*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 02:44 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Oct 25 2007, 02:41 PM) *
-sigh-

I know you weren't accusing me. I also know you don't think I have a stick up my ass.

I swear, nobody understands me these days.
I need to sleep.

pinch.gif

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Oct 25 2007, 02:13 PM) *
Hi Steven.

About Tung's topic, sure, Trish wanted him to STFU, no problemo but then it deviated. People were actually spamming. There are so many topics that aren't exactly serious but were left open because people stayed on topic.

EDIT// Also, Tung apologized for f**king with Trish. Trish forgave him. So I don't exactly see why it should remain open.
She can always create a 'Tung I accept your apology thread'. By the way, I wasn't looking for something to moderate. I was simply doing what I thought was right.

As for the second topic, she wasn't only talking about herself, she asked a question. Re-read it. So yes, it should remain open.

Rebecca, ><.

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Oct 25 2007, 02:29 PM) *
But you can always create a new subject of the day and I'll post in it. Steven, I don't have a stick up my ass so I understand what you mean. The topic was ... dead. It wasn't cute spam anymore. (no offense Trish).

The PM post was @ Rebecca. I was going to PM you but I read your signature. ><

Sorry from your responses I assumed you thought I thought you had a stick up your ass and thought that I was aiming that at you.

Elba
post Oct 25 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #17

Member No: 4,975

Do not get rid of VIP Lounge stubborn.gif

Sandraaa
post Oct 25 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #18

Did Mike delete his post or was I dreaming?

Anyway, no no. I didn't assume that at all. @ Steven.

*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Elba @ Oct 25 2007, 02:45 PM) *
Do not get rid of VIP Lounge stubborn.gif

Idno, I probably wouldn't throw attacks at your facial appendage (not going to mention it because I know you don't like it when I do)? I mean, actually, I was on staff. I know what I'm doing. Don't question me.

Elba
post Oct 25 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #20

What the f**k are you talking about?

*Steven*
post Oct 25 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #21

Look, I was on staff. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Elba
post Oct 25 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #22

Do you want a cookie?

Sandraaa
Post #23

DUDE. I remember someone who always pointed out how they used to be on staff. I don't remember who it was though.

*Steven*
Post #24

Look, I'm going to quit staff because I'm doing all the work, regardless of the fact that people are doing more than me and I just got hired. I was on staff. I know what I'm talking about.

Sandra's getting it! I know Spencer would instantly.

Tung
post Oct 25 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #25

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Oct 25 2007, 12:53 PM) *
DUDE. I remember someone who always pointed out how they used to be on staff. I don't remember who it was though.

Nicky? CowerPointObjects?

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: