Reply to this topicStart new topic
PS3 VS. Xbox 360, Which one?
Xbox 360 vs. PS3
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
freeridefight
post Feb 28 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #1

mercenary on call

Group: Member
Member No: 447,606

I searched and found nothing on this, and in response to Tama's skill in the PS3 realm, I decided to make a topic.

I've have not jumped on the bandwagon and purchased either a 360 or PS3. I have googled the question and came up with the short answer of Xbox 360.

Source
another source

What is your take on all of this? If you'd like, specify as why your choice is better. (Graphics, game choice, etc.)

I so far haven't reasearched enough to have a valid opinion. (Ha, I'll laugh if this turns into such a fight it has to be moved to the debate forum.)

DoubleJ
post Feb 28 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #2

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

XBOX 360 is definitely better. The games are better, and to every owner of it, xbox live is what really brings it full circle.

Marlons
post Feb 28 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Thread Killer

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 530,544

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Feb 28 2008, 10:42 PM) *
XBOX 360 is definitely better. The games are better, and to every owner of it, xbox live is what really brings it full circle.

Pretty much, and the PS3 doesn't have that much good games out yet.

Insurmountable
post Feb 28 2008, 11:25 PM
Post #4

Cornflakes :D

Member No: 322,923

360 over the PS3.

The wii has won many of people over for how interactive it is. Nintendo is a great company for kids and families.

When it comes to the PS3 and the 360 your more or less stuck with 1 player games, and a majority of the games are fighting and 1st person shooter type games, not very family oriented.

360 has more games, a lot more cheaper games, and the system is cheaper as well.

PS3 currently is dying because they discontinued the 60 and 80 gig, hoping that they may come out with a 120 or 160 gig later this year, although the costs and such they may back down and settle at making a bundle with the 80 gig. The only thing the PS3 currently has going for it is that its the cheapest and one of the best blu ray players on the market right now. And since they just discontinued hi-def movies, the blue ray is going to take over soon enough.

Anyway, I have a Wii and 360. The PS3 hasn't appealed to me at all until recently since they have discontinued the hi-def movies and things are going to blue ray. But I'm having to wait til' the 80 gig comes out or if they ever release a PS3 that is completely backwards compatible. Considering I want to play PS2 games.

michellerrific
post Mar 1 2008, 02:52 PM
Post #5

vivacity

Group: Official Member
Member No: 495,247

PS3 sucks.
360 is okay, especially if you're into Halo and yadaya.
Wii is awesome, but maybe it's just b/c I'm so more into Mario games and Wii Tennis.

DoubleJ
post Mar 1 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #6

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

Wii Tennis is definitely cool. 360 pwns though, just off the strength, that the xbox live is the real deal.

superficial
post Mar 1 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #7

YUNJAESU<3

Member No: 585,275

I'm old school so I haven't tried out the 360 or the PS3. I'd rather stick with my lovely PS2. throb.gif And out of the three listed in the poll, I chose Wii because I always get a good workout from the boxing and the tennis haha. It's easier for me to control plus its good exercise and its tons of fun. What more can you ask in a game console? :D. So yeah, in my opinion Wii is the best (only because I haven't tried the others). I heard that a lot of people think that PS3 is a piece of shit, and that some guy waited in line, bought it, and smashed it in front of everyone's face. O__o.

freeridefight
post Mar 2 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #8

mercenary on call

Group: Member
Member No: 447,606

QUOTE(superficial @ Mar 1 2008, 05:36 PM) *
I'm old school so I haven't tried out the 360 or the PS3. I'd rather stick with my lovely PS2. throb.gif And out of the three listed in the poll, I chose Wii because I always get a good workout from the boxing and the tennis haha. It's easier for me to control plus its good exercise and its tons of fun. What more can you ask in a game console? :D. So yeah, in my opinion Wii is the best (only because I haven't tried the others). I heard that a lot of people think that PS3 is a piece of shit, and that some guy waited in line, bought it, and smashed it in front of everyone's face. O__o.

Lmao are you serious? That's crazy hilarious.
The only reason why I was thinking of getting a PS3 was because of the Final Fantasy games are coming out on that console.

Marlons
post Mar 2 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #9

Thread Killer

Member No: 530,544

QUOTE(superficial @ Mar 1 2008, 05:36 PM) *

Yes and I also only wanted a PS3 so I could play Ratchet And Clank Future, seeing that it's not on PS2, nor is Burnout: Paradise.

Reidar
post Mar 2 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #10

Vae Victis

Member No: 460,227

At this point, the 360 trumps the PS3 with little contest. However, the PS3 is most certainly not dying. The latest EGM actually has a cover-story on Sony's redemption from the mediocrity that was the PS3 launch. Sales of the console are beginning to surge, and with killer apps like Home (personally, I think the concept of that is awful, but it undeniably has other people talking), Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, and Metal Gear Solid 4, the best of the best have yet to make their mark.

The PS3 would still be my last pick for a purchase, though. Personally, I see Metal Gear Solid 4 going in the wrong direction, I don't care for the social concept of Home, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are nothing that the 360 lacks, and Final Fantasy is something I've always been interested in at only a casual level (the last one I even liked at all was VIII). When considering online Virtua Fighter 4, Gears of War 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, and a better-running Orange Box on the 360, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii, I have no desire to plunk down money for Sony's console.

Just_Dream
post Mar 2 2008, 06:20 AM
Post #11

durian

Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Feb 28 2008, 08:25 PM) *
since they have discontinued the hi-def movies and things are going to blue ray. But I'm having to wait til' the 80 gig comes out or if they ever release a PS3 that is completely backwards compatible. Considering I want to play PS2 games.

It's called "HD-DVD". BluRay is still a "hi-def movies" format. But yes HDDVD lost the race since many popular places are now supporting BluRay and sales from it definitely wins.

And the 60 gig PS3 is backwards compatible. It's just that they discontinued it. Also, people shouldn't base their console experience solely on the amount of games a system has. Notice how I said "solely." It should also be on the performance and features of the console as well. PS3 has potential, it just doesn't have the solid foundation and support that 360 has built for itself. Especially since the Wii came out around the same time, you know some shit went DOOWWWNNNN.

kthxbye.

Reidar
post Mar 2 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #12

Vae Victis

Member No: 460,227

Actually, because "High Definition" is part of the brand name initialism, discerning "High Def", the product, from "Blu-ray" isn't fallible, especially since omitting the "Disc" in the official logo, "Blu-ray Disc", is consistent with leaving out the "DVD" portion of "HD DVD". And it's perfectly valid to gauge a console's worth entirely on select merits, like the game library. I don't care about the Wii's Virtual Console or the Playstation 3's Blu-ray capabilities, so I obviously don't have an onus to consider those a factor in anything other than objective predictions on its rank in the market, which still wouldn't move boxes off the shelves as drastically as big-name games.

carolannexbh
post Mar 2 2008, 10:07 AM
Post #13

Member No: 619,081

QUOTE(DoubleJ @ Feb 28 2008, 11:42 PM) *

Exactly. Xbox 360 is quite possibly one of the best purchases I've ever made. The games are definately better and you get more for your money, imo. Xbox live just makes gaming so much better and its a lot more fun.

*Steven*
post Mar 3 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Mar 2 2008, 05:20 AM) *
It's called "HD-DVD". BluRay is still a "hi-def movies" format. But yes HDDVD lost the race since many popular places are now supporting BluRay and sales from it definitely wins.

And the 60 gig PS3 is backwards compatible. It's just that they discontinued it. Also, people shouldn't base their console experience solely on the amount of games a system has. Notice how I said "solely." It should also be on the performance and features of the console as well. PS3 has potential, it just doesn't have the solid foundation and support that 360 has built for itself. Especially since the Wii came out around the same time, you know some shit went DOOWWWNNNN.

kthxbye.

It didn't help that Microsoft and Nintendo basically got together and said "Why buy PS3 when you can buy a wii and an xbox 360 for the same price?!" Granted, prices have gone down, but at the time you could get a wii/360 for the price of a ps3. I don't know what the f**k they were thinking w/ that price.

illriginal
post Mar 3 2008, 01:16 PM
Post #15

Member No: 455,274

Playstation 3.

Only reason why XBOX360 is better than Playstation 3, is not because of its reliabilities lol.. If we were comparing consoles (not the quantity of video games), everyone would know that 360 sucks. Why? Because it is the only console in the history of video game consoles to ever have the MOST amount of returns in a period of time given. It was by far the worst console in terms of durability/reliability.

If you think PS3 sucks because you can't afford it, then please shut the f**k up. Discrediting a multi-entertainment console because of it's price is laughable.

The fact of the matter is... In terms of reliability and durability Wii > PS3 > XBOX.

Wii is a fun gaming system. It is by far more reliable than PS3 and XBOX because there's no chances of the Wii over heating or freezing. It can't, it has shitty quality parts in which run at horribly low specs compared to XBOX and PS3. Just look at the Artificial Intelligence and the graphics... Wii's fun, but it's not made for the hard core gamer who looks for new and harder challenges.

XBOX360 may have more games than PS3, which I would hope since the XBOX360 has been out a lot longer than the PS3. But the fact is... PS3 is more reliable. On top of that you can use it as a PC (if you use Linux), or a Cable Box to get over 1,000 HD channels from all over the world.

Also using HD Vs. Blu-Ray is also funny as hell... why? Because Blue Ray is better. Holds more data and is capable of handling A LOT more better technologies for later down the road.

Stop using the price of the SONY Playstation 3 as a downer, for f**k sake. Get a job or stop being jealous, you choose.. but please shut the f**k up already -.-

QUOTE(carolannexbh @ Mar 2 2008, 10:07 AM) *
Exactly. Xbox 360 is quite possibly one of the best purchases I've ever made. The games are definately better and you get more for your money, imo. Xbox live just makes gaming so much better and its a lot more fun.

Just to let you know... you're payin just to use the internet with 360, right? lol... PS3 online is free and funny enough its' server is more reliable than 360 lol

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Feb 28 2008, 11:25 PM) *
But I'm having to wait til' the 80 gig comes out or if they ever release a PS3 that is completely backwards compatible. Considering I want to play PS2 games.

Or you could just simply port every game that has ever existed onto the PS3 and play it off of the hard drive instead of messing with discs/cartridges ... just a thought.

YaGurlSukedMe2SL...
post Mar 4 2008, 01:39 AM
Post #16

muhfucka yo mama's a bitch

Group: Banned
Member No: 506,674

60gig PS3

*yrrnotelekktric*
post Mar 4 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #17

end of story.

Insurmountable
post Mar 5 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #18

xbox may have more returns but the PS3 is behind it as well, the PS3 has had a lot of complains because it was overheating.

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Mar 2 2008, 06:20 AM) *

kthxbye.

Yea I Know, sorry I didn't use the appropriate term. Considering the 360 and the ps3 don't have a difference when it comes to the graphics that you see playing games, I would go for the system that has more games them. Because in the end then there is probably more better games out for it. The PS3 doesn't have that many games right now, and only about 5 of them are really worth playing and 3 of those games you can get on the 360.

illriginal
post Mar 5 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Mar 5 2008, 12:57 PM) *
xbox may have more returns but the PS3 is behind it as well, the PS3 has had a lot of complains because it was overheating.

Site it... there's no claims of returns... no where NEAR as bad as 360. PS3 doesn't over heat... Only way it can over heat, is if the moron put the ps3 inside of a box and played it all day til it finally froze. 360 on the other hand was catching on fire all over the world. Especially in Japan.

Yea I Know, sorry I didn't use the appropriate term. Considering the 360 and the ps3 don't have a difference when it comes to the graphics that you see playing games

You're a moron. Put XBOX360 vs. PS3 on a 1080p 50"+ LCD and or Plasma HDTVs and you'll see the huge difference. The difference simply is that with PS3, you have rich details even in further view. There's more details in the PS3 than the 360.

Anyone have the money to test this out, use the game "Call of Duty 4" and use a sniper rifle, then zoom in and check how far you can see and how detailed it is.

Don't listen to people who use youtube as some sort of merit.

I would go for the system that has more games them. Because in the end then there is probably more better games out for it. The PS3 doesn't have that many games right now, and only about 5 of them are really worth playing and 3 of those games you can get on the 360.

Right... and you're Nostradamus.

Insurmountable
post Mar 5 2008, 01:17 PM
Post #20

shrug.gif I got my 360 the day it came out and I've never had a problem with it.

And if you play your PS3 for a few hours without taking a break it will over heat, there are a few out there that aren't like that and they blow out cold air instead of hot air. And there are claims of overheating problems, and sony even knows it. There was a big show where they were showing off the PS3 and they were over heating and locking up.

Yes technically speaking there is a slight difference from PS3 and 360 but most normal people aren't going to see it. I hate Call of duty 4 >_>

Anyway I'm not going to sit here and go on and on about some stupid game systems. In the end the WII beats them all, they still can't reach the mandate for them. Even if the quality isn't as good as a 360 or ps3, people still want a WII before em'.

illriginal
post Mar 5 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(Insurmountable @ Mar 5 2008, 01:17 PM) *
shrug.gif I got my 360 the day it came out and I've never had a problem with it.

And if you play your PS3 for a few hours without taking a break it will over heat, there are a few out there that aren't like that and they blow out cold air instead of hot air.

Uhm... you're a f**king crazy liar. I been playing Assassin's Creed for a week straight now, and I haven't turned my PS3 off... at all. How can you say that the PS3 over heats and freezes and locks if it's capable of handling an operating system??? The week prior to obtaining Assassin's Creed, I was using Linux and I kept my PS3 on for 4 days straight updating and installing new software. In total my PS3 has been on for over a week. Get the bullshit out of head that the PS3 freezes after a long period of time, cuz it's not true.

And there are claims of overheating problems, and sony even knows it.

Go to SONY's site, and show a link with them admitting that the SONY Playstation 3 has over heating issues.

There was a big show where they were showing off the PS3 and they were over heating and locking up.

Right that was the show which showed off Ridge Racer. Ridge racer at the time was undergoing a huge development in which needed to have "bugs" fixed. The Ridge Racer shown was a dev-version, meaning it was still in development.

The PS3 didn't freeze, the game froze. That's not SONY's problem, that's the developers' problem which was already acknowledged in the first place.

Yes technically speaking there is a slight difference from PS3 and 360 but most normal people aren't going to see it. I hate Call of duty 4 >_>
Anyway I'm not going to sit here and go on and on about some stupid game systems. In the end the WII beats them all, they still can't reach the mandate for them. Even if the quality isn't as good as a 360 or ps3, people still want a WII before em'.

Right, you're misinformed. Quality > quantity

/discussion

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: