Closed TopicStart new topic
destination address....ques!!
nikki75
post Aug 31 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 457,299

hey ive got my createblog myspace tracker in my page and when i check my stats, sometimes under the destination page it will say www.myspace.com/ ...my url... other times it will say my actual friend ID number after the / and other times it says some super long thing like, i cant remember actually but im sure youll all know what i mean. anyway im just curious, does it mean they are getting to me through different ways? like if they searched for me, the destination address would come up one way and if they clicked on my pic through someone elses page, the destination would come up in another way and so on.

does anyone know what im getting at?? lol i was just curious thats all

*Zatanna*
post Aug 31 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #2

^ It showed your friend's id number? That is very strange.

Do you have a screen shot of this? Your post confuses me a bit, in all honesty.

nikki75
post Aug 31 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #3

i

GREASEbaby
post Aug 31 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #4

What's my name? Janette. and ily. <3

Member No: 391,911

^
I
doesn't really tell us much. pinch.gif

nikki75
post Sep 5 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #5

uhm yeah sorry, dont know what happened there haha.. anyway, another question, when i check my stats, sometimes the desination address, which obviously is meant to be my own link, just has a - (dash) next to it, what does that mean?

*Libertie*
post Sep 5 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(banjo75 @ Aug 31 2006, 11:32 AM) *
does it mean they are getting to me through different ways? like if they searched for me, the destination address would come up one way and if they clicked on my pic through someone elses page, the destination would come up in another way and so on.

That pretty much sums it up, the destination page gives you the URL of the link they followed to get to your page. _smile.gif

I honestly don't know what the dash means.

*Zatanna*
post Sep 6 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #7

I've seen the dash before. It's typically replaced by a destination address after a while. I'm not sure, but perhaps the dash is a placeholder there until the data (from the tracker) is received?

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: