Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
gay and christian, can it happen?
sweetangel2128
post Feb 7 2007, 04:33 PM
Post #101

Group: Member
Member No: 495,803

QUOTE(mandilynne @ Feb 7 2007, 1:15 AM) *
If there was a god, he wouldnt be prejudice against the people he created.

I agree. He wouldn't be especially since almost every Christian I've met claims he loves all but Satan.

bat19
post Feb 7 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #102

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

QUOTE(ITxMISHELLE @ Feb 6 2007, 9:45 PM) *
Sorry to get off-topic for a sec,but doesn't fag mean "bundle of sticks" ? LOL,i saw it in the dictionary xD

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Wow, you're like the funniest person here, and so original. What are you twelve?

If you are twelve, disregard last statement

mmhmichelle
post Feb 10 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #103

young enough to not give a f*ck

Member No: 35,060

LOL,yeah,i'm twelve.

judylicious
post Feb 10 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #104

Member No: 501,751

I think you can be gay and religious but not gay and christian
christianity doesnt support homosexuality
it clashes

sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #105

QUOTE(JudyJudyJudy @ Feb 10 2007, 6:40 PM) *
I think you can be gay and religious but not gay and christian
christianity doesnt support homosexuality
it clashes

That is the MOST close-minded thing I've heard!

Comptine
post Feb 10 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #106

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

QUOTE(ITxMISHELLE @ Feb 10 2007, 6:58 PM) *
LOL,yeah,i'm twelve.

although being twelve doesn't stop you from participating in this debate, i think you still need to grow up a bit before you can have a better understanding of what religion and what sexual orientation is. most of your arguments have been "because god says" or "because the bible says". when you are so young, your perspective is heavily influence by authority - this includes religion. also, at twelve, i don't believe your peers have been displaying openly gay attitudes. give yourself time to experience the world and see what exactly the bible is condemning.

you can definitely be christian and gay. may homosexuals are religious or come from a christian background. being homosexual doesn't stop one from having faith. and christians are not perfect and homosexuality is not unknown to them. many radical religious groups take homosexual christians and try to "de-gayify" them. they use gory, disgusting images; outrageous and untrue facts to scare them; and painful electroshock therapy to turn them straight again.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 10:40 PM
Post #107

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 10 2007, 6:53 PM) *
although being twelve doesn't stop you from participating in this debate, i think you still need to grow up a bit before you can have a better understanding of what religion and what sexual orientation is. most of your arguments have been "because god says" or "because the bible says". when you are so young, your perspective is heavily influence by authority - this includes religion. also, at twelve, i don't believe your peers have been displaying openly gay attitudes. give yourself time to experience the world and see what exactly the bible is condemning.

you can definitely be christian and gay. may homosexuals are religious or come from a christian background. being homosexual doesn't stop one from having faith. and christians are not perfect and homosexuality is not unknown to them. many radical religious groups take homosexual christians and try to "de-gayify" them. they use gory, disgusting images; outrageous and untrue facts to scare them; and painful electroshock therapy to turn them straight again.

I totally agree with on this one, 100% It's about your Faith that makes you a Christian not your orientation. In fact, I know or used to know a gay guy who was a very strong Christian...he loved God dearly.

As for your statement to the 12 year old, I "must" agree with that also..she still young and still learning.

Joss-eh-lime
post Feb 11 2007, 12:00 AM
Post #108

tell me more.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 35,640

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Jan 5 2007, 5:53 AM) *
Yeah, it's possible. You can be straight and choose not to have sex at all. Why can't you be gay and choose not to have sex?

yeah its possible. but even without having gay sex it still goes against christian ideas.

gita
post Feb 11 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #109

Member No: 499,764

my sister is a strong christian, and just came out as a lesbian. i think it can happen, although i haven't yet decided my exact opinions on it. but who are we to judge others? isn't that God's job? i just think EVERYONE deserves respect, and no one is less of a person because of who they are.

Comptine
post Feb 11 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #110

Sing to Me

QUOTE(one_and_only @ Feb 11 2007, 12:00 AM) *
yeah its possible. but even without having gay sex it still goes against christian ideas.

so what if it goes against christian ideas?

sex before marriage is a sin. i know, for sure, that some christians do it.

the christian ideas come from a bible. the bible has traditions, customs, and ideas from hundreds of years ago. if you restrict yourself to the bible, what progress or life could you have?

christian ideas are suppose to guide one to be a morally strong and kind human being.

i was taught in bible summer school that jesus loves all the children and everyone.

there wasn't a clause that said: except homosexuals, non believers....etc etc.

i like how christian communities have rallied for converted, repented criminals but can't get past a group of people who just want to be with the one they love.

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 12:32 AM
Post #111

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

tl;dr: You can be homosexual and still be a good Catholic, but gay sex is off limits.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 11 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #112

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 10 2007, 9:08 PM) *
so what if it goes against christian ideas?

sex before marriage is a sin. i know, for sure, that some christians do it.

the christian ideas come from a bible. the bible has traditions, customs, and ideas from hundreds of years ago. if you restrict yourself to the bible, what progress or life could you have?

christian ideas are suppose to guide one to be a morally strong and kind human being.

i was taught in bible summer school that jesus loves all the children and everyone.

there wasn't a clause that said: except homosexuals, non believers....etc etc.

i like how christian communities have rallied for converted, repented criminals but can't get past a group of people who just want to be with the one they love.

Wow, you totally pointed out what I am exactly thinking. I mean okay I am not exactly Christian right now but been back and forth on my beliefs because of confusion and other Christians telling me I was living my life as a Christian the wrong way but when I was one I tried to live my life the way God intended. Yes, I did have sex before marriage and I continued it even though I knew it is a sin because I know in my heart God will not punish me for it because he knows we all sin and theres nothing we can do about it. Hence, the reason why Jesus died on the cross. I think the Bible teaches a lot of good stuff, like you said to become a better person and to become strong.

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 10 2007, 9:32 PM) *
You can be homosexual and still be a good Catholic, but gay sex is off limits.

Isn't that sorta contradictive. I mean in the Bible it says - "Homosexuality" in general is wrong, not just the actions you take but just being "Homosexual".

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #113

No it's not. Please read what I posted. Homosexual acts are morally wrong because it involves sexual behavior that is not open to procreation. However, a person who lives a chaste life is doing nothing wrong. If I'm wrong, show me in the Bible where it says simply being a homosexual is wrong.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 11 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #114

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 10 2007, 10:41 PM) *
No it's not. Please read what I posted. Homosexual acts are morally wrong because it involves sexual behavior that is not open to procreation. However, a person who lives a chaste life is doing nothing wrong. If I'm wrong, show me in the Bible where it says simply being a homosexual is wrong.

Read this -

http://www.allaboutgod.com/is-homosexuality-a-sin.htm

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #115

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 11 2007, 2:23 AM) *

Those are condemnations of homosexual acts (sodomy), not just for being a homosexual.

Attraction to people of the same sex is not sinful. Lust, or sexual acts is.

Comptine
post Feb 11 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #116

Sing to Me

^but heterosexuals are lustful/sexual too.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 11 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #117

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 11 2007, 10:37 AM) *
Those are condemnations of homosexual acts (sodomy), not just for being a homosexual.

Attraction to people of the same sex is not sinful. Lust, or sexual acts is.

You obviously didn't really read the whole thing. Read this line - "God's design for natural sexual relationships is part of His plan. Homosexuality falsifies what God designed. Sin often means not only rejecting God but denying or rejecting how and why we are made." Like it states it is denying and rejecting how and why we were made...that means just being homosexual is wrong by the what the Bible says. Plus, I DO NOT know one person on the face of this earth that doesn't have desires or sexual acts towards another person (just in there mind). Plus what about the people that don't have sex but have non-sexual relationships with the same sex? That's not really acting on there sexual desires but there emotional desires not including lust but feelings.

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 11 2007, 10:41 AM) *

Yes they are and just like homosexuality there are plenty of Christians out there that are having sex just in general but are still Christians...there really is no difference only they believe homosexuality is wrong in there eyes because God created man and woman not man and man and not woman and woman but in my eyes i think this was brought on not by God but by people and there own opinions. Now, I do know in the Bible it does mention sodomy which is in fact homosexuality as being wrong but that doesn't mean we don't do it and it doesn't mean your going to be banished from heaven for it...back then it probably wasn't something to worry about but today it could of happend out of the imbalance in ones body and caused them to act they way they do.

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #118

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 11 2007, 1:41 PM) *

Heterosexual and homosexuals are barred from the same exact things. The rules are no different for either. It's just that heterosexuals are less likely to engage in gay sex...

You obviously didn't really read the whole thing. Read this line - "God's design for natural sexual relationships is part of His plan. Homosexuality falsifies what God designed. Sin often means not only rejecting God but denying or rejecting how and why we are made." Like it states it is denying and rejecting how and why we were made...that means just being homosexual is wrong by the what the Bible says. Plus, I DO NOT know one person on the face of this earth that doesn't have desires or sexual acts towards another person (just in there mind). Plus what about the people that don't have sex but have non-sexual relationships with the same sex? That's not really acting on there sexual desires but there emotional desires not including lust but feelings.

You obviously didn't comprehend. It says relationships. A chaste homosexual person does not get into homosexual relationships. Also, it cites the story of Soddom and Gommorah. They were not simply chaste homosexuals, to say the least.

There's a difference between desire and lust; that's what separates sexual drive from sin.

Comptine
post Feb 11 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #119

Sing to Me

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 11 2007, 2:24 PM) *
Heterosexual and homosexuals are barred from the same exact things. The rules are no different for either. It's just that heterosexuals are less likely to engage in gay sex...

You obviously didn't comprehend. It says relationships. A chaste homosexual person does not get into homosexual relationships. Also, it cites the story of Soddom and Gommorah. They were not simply chaste homosexuals, to say the least.

There's a difference between desire and lust; that's what separates sexual drive from sin.

no, they aren't barred from the same exact things. if a heterosexual engages in premartial sex, they can repent and ask for forgiveness - so the sin isn't as great. however, a homosexual is condemned from the beginning. unless the homosexual becomes un-homosexual, supposedly there is no room for forgiveness.

nevertheless, even if we followed the "no gay sex, therefore good christian" idea... that is completely unfair. why are heterosexuals allowed to have sex - a union of two lovers - without fearing burning in the depths of hell? the bible condemns sex completely in some parts but other the bible provides a detailed list of begetting (i.e., person a begot person b, person b begot person c...).

sweetangel2128
post Feb 11 2007, 02:46 PM
Post #120

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 11 2007, 11:24 AM) *

There's a difference in the human eye but not in God's. In the Bible it says even looking at a woman in a lustful way is a sin and it also says no other sin is greater in God's eyes because they are equal. So, how is there a difference between lust and desire?

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 11 2007, 11:24 AM) *
There's a difference between desire and lust

In what way. Heres the definitions of both:

Desire - "to wish or long for; crave; want."
Lust - "intense sexual desire or appetite"

It's the same thing.

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 11 2007, 11:31 AM) *
if a heterosexual engages in premartial sex, they can repent and ask for forgiveness - so the sin isn't as great. however, a homosexual is condemned from the beginning. unless the homosexual becomes un-homosexual, supposedly there is no room for forgiveness.

Right on target. I was thinking the same thing. Even if it is a sin or not people are still going to commit that sin or any sin for that matter cause we ALL sin God is not going to hate us for that which is why he sent Jesus so we could go to Heaven, just because God is in your heart doesn't mean you will never sin it just means you've accepted him and trust him that you will go to Heaven even if you do sin.

QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 11 2007, 11:41 AM) *
Desire - "to wish or long for; crave; want."
Lust - "intense sexual desire or appetite"

Just so you know in the dictionary desire is not just a wish or longing for something but it also states that it is a sexual desire and lust is an intense sexual desire so in my opinion there is NO difference in the two.

mmhmichelle
post Feb 11 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #121

young enough to not give a f*ck

Member No: 35,060

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 10 2007, 10:53 PM) *

Okay,i'm not saying i'm a smart-elic,but c'mon.
Just because someone is younger than most of the people here doesn't mean they aren't as smart, or as experienced.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 11 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #122

QUOTE(ITxMISHELLE @ Feb 11 2007, 5:56 PM) *
Just because someone is younger than most of the people here doesn't mean they aren't as smart, or as experienced.

Yes it does. Experience comes with time and you haven't been around long enough to experience most things. I am not trying to be rude to you or anything but that's just what experience is.

Comptine
post Feb 11 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #123

Sing to Me

QUOTE(ITxMISHELLE @ Feb 11 2007, 8:56 PM) *

i didn't say you weren't smart.

honestly, tell me, how many of your peers have come out of the closet? honestly, tell me, have you seen any homosexual suffer discrimination and persecution? have you encountered any homosexual person?

tell me, have you been in love for real? have you had a romantic relationship? any sexual relationship?

you are deeply religious. all your posts so far have said, "god wants this" or "the bible says". most of your views are based on the your religion. that might not change when you grow older, but your perspective isn't as developed as it would be ten years from now.

you aren't even 13. barely in puberty. give it time and grow up. when you're older, you realize, you can't trust the bible/god for everything.

i respect your faith and believe you are a smart girl. but you are too young to understand homosexuality beyond what other people say or what your faith teaches.

sweetangel2128
post Feb 12 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #124

QUOTE(Endless_Symphony @ Feb 11 2007, 7:52 PM) *
when you're older, you realize, you can't trust the bible/god for everything.

However not all people are like that I know someone who is 23 and still depends on the Bible and God for everything.

Comptine
post Feb 12 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #125

Sing to Me

i did say it might not change. but...it still has potential to change so...

yeah.

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: