Reply to this topicStart new topic
eyebrows.
Smarmosaur
post Dec 28 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #1

AKA RockIt Studios

Group: Official Member
Member No: 421,809

ok so on the majority of makeup tutorials and such, there's a lot of different suggestions i've seen on filling in eyebrows.

BUT.
i haven't found one that explains HOW. or how to find a color without having to buy a million things, and what to use (liner, shadow...)

i have really thin eyebrows that are WAY too light for my hair color.
so if anybody could explain or send me in the direction of a nice tutorial, i'd really like to know:
how to fill in.
how to find the perfect color.
how to make it look natural.

MissHygienic
post Dec 28 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Resource Center Tyrant

Member No: 593,306

Sorry, this is off-topic and I have the darkest eyebrows, ever, but I wanted to give you a compliment of taking into consideration of having it look natural. Penciled eyebrows usually look like shit because it looks artificial as hell a lot of the time. So, kudos, that you mentioned that. I searched a little, and maybe all of these people's responses will help you.

Smarmosaur
post Dec 28 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #3

AKA RockIt Studios

Member No: 421,809

there's so many things that contradict other things, though!
now i'm even more confused. i don't want to spend tons of money (actually, i currently don't have any money) on colors and brushes. why can't there just be one solution?! cry.gif
thank you for the link, though. it'll probably help me when i get around to actually trying anything. laugh.gif

karmakiller
post Dec 28 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #4

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

I don't fill in my eyebrows... I'm sure it'd get really ugly if I did. I do, however, have a few friends who have really thin eyebrows and the cheap little trick they do is buy a heavier powder that's close to their natural hair color and get an angled brush and brush it onto their eyebrows. They apply it a bit heavier than eye shadow. Have you tried that?

Elba
post Dec 28 2007, 12:57 AM
Post #5

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 4,975

I fill in my eyebrows. I just used one of those angled brushes (which you can get at Target for a few bucks) and some eye shadow. My hair is kind of light right now, I use a light brown. You should find an eye shadow that is a few shades lighter than your hair if it is brown. If it is black, you should go with black or dark brown eye shadow.

transcendentalis...
post Dec 28 2007, 01:13 PM
Post #6

sleep now, moon

Member No: 526,212

decide what medium you want to fill in your brows first - powder, cream, or pencil. personally i usually use pencil (when i very rarely fill in my brows)... and the two things for that, besides picking the right shade, would be control and blending.

i do think powder is the easiest though (pressed, of course). you can get some specifically for your eyebrows (mac has excellent ones) or just use some eyeshadow. angled brushes are the best, but i don't have one.. so i use a thin contour brush. but as long as it has some stiffness (somewhere between a synthetic eyeliner brush and a typical all-over lid eyeshadow brush, it SHOULD have natural hair or at least something similar)... you should be good. just start off with light application and layer :) it's simple.

jaeman
post Jan 3 2008, 08:29 AM
Post #7

Member No: 10,581

OT: I remember I had a friend with a unibrow and he totally hated it, so one day he tried to shave the "uni" out of unibrow and he messed up. _unsure.gif

NewUsername
post Jan 8 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #8

I am a ninja.

Group: Member
Member No: 605,151

I've never filled in my eyebrows. They're too dark. I think when I lighten my hair up I might try it out though.

luku
post Jan 8 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #9

Member No: 394,782

I've filled them in with taupe eyeliner.
But they have brow pencils in shades that compliment your skin tone.

stephinika
post Jan 8 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #10

Member No: 41,748

I just use an angled powder brush and some eyeshadow thats a bit darker than my eyebrow colour so they're more defined and whatnot.

missnh
post Jan 9 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #11

Miss DIY

Member No: 11,294

Just go with a pencil that is one shade darker than your current eyebrows and instead of "filling it in", draw in light strokes until you get the eyebrows you want.

Do not draw an eyebrow shape and color in the lines like a third grade coloring book.

If you have crazy eyebrows, you might wanna get some clear eyebrow "mascara" (whatever it's called) to tame them down, but that's about all you really need.

Gigi
post Jan 12 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #12

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

If you have dark hair, use a colour that is a few shades lighter. Just because you have black hair, doesn't mean you should fill your brows with two blocks of black. If you have blonde hair, you should go a few shades darker. There is nothing worse than having washed out brows; it can make or break a look.

That said, it's safe to say that taupe (a medium, grayish-brown) is a colour that is universally flattering for brows. It's a good colour to start off with.

I find that using a pencil is much easier for the beginner, but you can risk looking very artificial. Use light strokes that mimic the look of actual hair so you don't end up drawing two eyebrow-shaped lines.

However, using an angle brush and and pressed brow powder/eyeshadow is the most natural looking. It may take some practice, though. I'm horrible at this.

I've also seen some brow tints and brow "mascaras" on the market. Another thing of interest: brow kits. They usually come with how-tos on how to shape your brows properly, stencils, and brow colours in various shades and mediums (e.g. Anastasia All About Brows).

TheWinterBones
post Feb 15 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #13

Beautiful Madness

Member No: 620,642

If you have thin eyebrows, that's okay. Thickening your eyebrows will
look artificial, bringing them out will frame and compliment your eyes,
which you want.

Choose a shade darker than your natural hair color.

There are a few mediums you can use:

Brow Mascara
Brow Pencils
and eyeshadow.

I like to use Bobbi Browns Natural Brow Shaper. It's like an all-in-one.
It effortlessly defines and fills them in, whilst controlling and shaping.

of course, that's if you were to use the colored formula.

Bobbi Browns Natural Brow Shaper also comes in a clear formula.
This will allow you to use different media to fill them in.

If you were to choose a brow pencil, my advice would be to start in the
fullest part of your brow area and work your way inwards and them outwards,
gently and lightly. You don't want any harsh marks, they'll look obvious.

Once you've finished shaping, go over them with a small fine brush dusted in a light shadow.
This will soften the appearance.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: