Reply to this topicStart new topic
those bob hairrdos, that just wont listen to me >:O
drummergirlmarim...
post Mar 17 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 151,810

i recently got a new haircut that transformed my orginal butt length straight hair (that i never needed to take care of) into a neck length hairdo that looks like a lion everytime a wake up, and wont NOT FLIP OUT. ~_~ i hate it. i dont regret that i cut my hair (since i donated it to the chemotherapy kids wigs) but i just need to learn how to live with it. any ideas?

angelrevelation
post Mar 17 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #2

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 54,096

You want it to flip out right? Try texturizing gel our mousse. happy.gif

drummergirlmarim...
post Mar 17 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #3

grah, sorry for the misunderstanding, bad english i suppose. actually, i DONT want it to flip out. i have a LOT of hair and fairly thick hair. it used to stay straight, but now its all over the place.

HakunaMatata
post Mar 17 2007, 05:52 PM
Post #4

Home is where your rump rests!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 451,969

Moved to Fashion

Are you able to tie your hair down? Try doing that the night before so when you wake up your hair's not all over the place.

*suddenly she*
post Mar 17 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Straighten it if it's all over the place. Get bangs, get layers, cut it super-short and spike it. Get gel and make the messiness stay in place.

I'm sure your hair is no worse than mine!

Gigi
post Mar 17 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #6

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

First, what kind of hair do you have? Is it fine or coarse, wavy, curly or straight?

If you cut your hair blunt, you would definitely benefit from a few layers. If you don't want your hair to flip out, invest in a hair straightener. You can easily buy one for 10-20 bucks. Try some anti-frizz cream/serum before you blow-dry your hair. That could control some of the craziness.

drummergirlmarim...
post Mar 18 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #7

i have a lot of thick hair. it used to be straight no matter what i did. but now, just flips out because its right where your neck bends, and that makes it "curl" outwards.

Gigi
post Mar 18 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #8

in a matter of time

^ I have that problem a lot, actually. Hair straighteners work wonders.

synthase
post Mar 18 2007, 08:54 AM
Post #9

ALLISON

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 310,259

^ exactly! I have that problem
but my mom doesn't prefer me using hair straighteners
so..i dont know what to use

LOWinSKANK
post Mar 18 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #10

[BRITT;;]

Member No: 433,210

straighteners would REALLY help
but i suppose you could blow-dry
it as straight as you can with
a dryer &&a brush.

drummergirlmarim...
post Mar 18 2007, 06:58 PM
Post #11

dont hair straightners kill your hair? i mean, it seems like it does. my friends and my mom say it does. i see steam coming out of dry hair, that means all the moisture from your hair is being robbed ><"

*mishyerr*
post Mar 18 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(flypigzfly @ Mar 18 2007, 7:58 PM) *
dont hair straightners kill your hair? i mean, it seems like it does. my friends and my mom say it does. i see steam coming out of dry hair, that means all the moisture from your hair is being robbed ><"

er, hair straightening is not that bad. it's probably just as bad as blow-drying your hair. if you can and know how to, use one of those circular brushes and blow-dry it in the direction you want your hair to go. but, honestly, a straightner is the easiest thing to do. you can buy heat-protection serums for your hair that will protect your hair from the heat.

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post Mar 18 2007, 10:02 PM
Post #13

Yes, hair straighteners work wonders. You could also put some mousse (just make sure it's not the massive hold kind, which will get crunchy) in your hair when you brush it to hold it down some. Serums will work good for that too.

Blaqheartedstar
post Mar 18 2007, 10:14 PM
Post #14

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Member No: 156,187

i always wanted to donate my hair... but i don't take of my hair... or my body for that matter... nasty hair
as for yours? well you want it tamed? then like most said hair straighteners, Serums, mousse (if ur hair frizzes up... or u got baby hairs that stick all over the place) hairspray works too in bad weather but again i got naturally curly hair... so mousse and hairspray works out great for me in bad weather
you got straight hair so serums (don't over do it.. leaves ur hair all oiled up) will do well to tame ur hair
um... u leave ur hair out when u sleep? tried tying it up or wearing some sort ot scarf on you head when u sleep

Gigi
post Mar 18 2007, 11:37 PM
Post #15

in a matter of time

Anything you do to you hair will, in fact, damage it. When you wash your hair, blow dry your hair, style your hair...that all damages it (which is why infant hair is so soft and silky - because it's been untouched). The only thing that probably doesn't do anything to your hair is conditioner or letting it dry naturally.

That said, using a hair dryer could be less damaging than a hair straightener (lower temperature, and all), but still causes some of it. If you really don't want to use a hair straightener, blow-drying your hair will work fine (although more time consuming). I usually wet my hair a bit at the wonky bits and take a round bristle brush and blow downwards, and make the bent part straight again.

xPartyGrlDx
post Mar 20 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #16

Saap!?

Member No: 5,151

Permanently straightening. It usually lasts one year. Costs about $50+ depending on your local salon. Hah, but yknow not everyone has this money, so I would go w/ the regular heat straightener.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: