7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homosexuality, is it acceptable?
Do u think that homosexuality is wrong?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 272
Guests cannot vote 
add1cted2f1re
post Nov 9 2005, 12:07 AM
Post #1

My name is really Matt... if you care.

Group: Member
Member No: 258,234

EDIT:
you guys have some great advice... i will stay w/ my best friend... i knew the other guys were jerks all along i guess... just wanted to be popular... whistling.gif

any hoo.... lets turn this into ppl you know who are homosexual or closet-cases?
i think that might be good....

ORIGINAL:
i am posting this to find out if it is NC that is homophoebic or everywhere

my best friend that i grew up w/ since we were 7... comes up to me one day and says "would you hate me if i was into guys" i said "no, as long as you dont like me like that, b/c i wont roll that way"  were still friends, but i feel bad for him b/c he let it slip to a few other friends who told one more person, so u know how it is, naturally, he is now "that gay kid" and the whole school knew w/ in a few weeks...

NOW... my other friends are telling me to stop hanging out w/ him... its "bad for my image"  i said: "who the heck cares? this is high school... u guys wont have my back when we leave this school... but he will... so shove off!" or something like that... i was pissed

plz post replies.... am i wrong for still being his friend? or wrong for losin' other friends? im in a bad spot right now

xourzest
post Nov 9 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #2

Hey People

Member No: 94,295

aww..that's soooo sweet!!

*RiC3xBoy*
post Nov 9 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #3

No, your other friends are bad and they need a spanking with a paddle.

add1cted2f1re
post Nov 9 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #4

No, your other friends are bad and they need a spanking with a paddle.

are u being serious, or making fun of me?

*mzkandi*
post Nov 9 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #5

Moved to Relationships

Heathasm
post Nov 9 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #6

creepy heather

Group: Official Member
Member No: 41,580

rofl@ the person who said he was bad for your image

it IS just highschool
god...highschool...i think this will be my 20th time stating im glad im not in highschool any more

mouse_3k
post Nov 9 2005, 11:28 AM
Post #7

Blasian, Asian, INVASION!

Member No: 16,769

I dont mind gays. Im friends with so many gays, i love them. If a good friend of mine was gay of course id hang out wit em still no matter what other people told me. I wont listen to other shallow people to dip out on a good friend

HuGzNKissEs
post Nov 9 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Member No: 190,340

I live in an extremely small town...& well like 5 people in my class(class of '07) are either gay, les, or bi. & they fit right in with everyone else. We dont treat them any different...actually we joke with them about being not straight.

I think your friends are very wrong for telling u not to be friends with him because ALTHOUGH I DO NOT AGREE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY(I actually dont BELIEVE in it)....he may have problems that he has trouble dealing with & this is how his hormones reacted to it...I understand problems like that. So I think you should be friends with him anyways!

add1cted2f1re
post Nov 9 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(HuGzNKissEs @ Nov 9 2005, 7:30 PM)
I live in an extremely small town...& well like 5 people in my class(class of '07) are either gay, les, or bi.  & they fit right in with everyone else.  We dont treat them any different...actually we joke with them about being not straight. 

I think your friends are very wrong for telling u not to be friends with him because ALTHOUGH I DO NOT AGREE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY(I actually dont BELIEVE in it)....he may have problems that he has trouble dealing with & this is how his hormones reacted to it...I understand problems like that. So I think you should be friends with him anyways!

thanks i think ill stay friends w/ him (i was plannig to i just wanted to ask y'all)

i hope all this s*** blows over... cry.gif

NgocQuyen
post Nov 9 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #10

c[:

Member No: 2,876

i'd say no its not wrong..people should be able to love who they want to love... happy.gif

++edit

whoops forgot...pssh no you're not wrong for being his friend still...i would totally diss and drop kick those guys who said that "the gay kid" was "bad for your image" i will kill them! thats it! where they at! i gotta cut them!!!! mad.gif

WindSorcerous
post Nov 9 2005, 09:56 PM
Post #11

Member No: 223,199

Wow, those other guys are jerks... _dry.gif
I have a handful of gay friends and I'm totally fine with it. Actually, a lot of people are fine with it, but we have a big school. Our principal is even gay

Yeah, so anyway stick with the people that care about you the most and don't go on what others think about you. People can be jerks, and narrow minded. It sounds like your friend is a nice guy happy.gif

Besides, if you know they'll ditch you after high school then it's not even worth it to listen to them anyway. If you know your friend will stick by you then that's great! It's hard to find such a great friend happy.gif

nightowl89
post Nov 9 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #12

Member No: 288,931

Mostly the poeple who are giving you crap are just homophobic and you really shouldn't listen to them. Some of the best people I know are gay, one of my best friends is gay and also one of the funniest, nicest guys I've ever met. And very well liked too. I'm glad you're going to stay firends with him, if he's that good a firned then he's probably not worth losing just because of some insecure people. As for your rep, it might help to weed out the people who you thought were "friends" and leave the ones that you truly should trust and who like u for who you are.

Joss-eh-lime
post Nov 9 2005, 10:03 PM
Post #13

tell me more.

Member No: 35,640

even thogh you already said ou would, you should stay his friend. hes still acts the same [hopefully] so who cares about those other people

add1cted2f1re
post Nov 9 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #14

THANKS YOU GUYS! gr8 advice! always count on ppl you dont know to help! lol

misoshiru
post Nov 11 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #15

yan lin♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 13,627

those other guys are jerks. there's nothing wrong with gay people. they're just people.

verlorenrivets
post Nov 11 2005, 10:18 AM
Post #16

Resident Jerk. Is Wade. Respond to PM's!

Member No: 289,510

What jerks. Don't stop being friends with someone because they like to stick their thing in a pooper.
Gay people can do their thing, and I totally respect them having pride and all... but when it gets to gay pride parades, I don't think that's entirely necessary. I mean, it's odd for me to like floppy discs in this day and age, but I don't gather a group of floppy disc likers and parade around the streets about it.
That's just asking for trouble. Not that I'll be the one making the trouble, but anyone from the southern half of the united states would certainly be willing.

Aoiro
post Nov 11 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #17

Member No: 127,076

Your so very sweet!
Don't think it's wrong, because even if you lost a few friends, those were jerks, and you stayed with the one who will be there for you.

I, 100% accept gay people.
throb.gif

add1cted2f1re
post Nov 14 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(verlorenrivets @ Nov 11 2005, 11:18 AM)
What jerks. Don't stop being friends with someone because they like to stick their thing in a pooper.

hahaha, that made me laugh

faded23
post Nov 16 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #19

Behind every great man is a great woman rolling her eyes

Member No: 187,483

yes I think homosexuality is wrong but I don't hate homosexuals.....they can be pretty cool people just like anyone else

Hiphop d[-_-]b
post Nov 16 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #20

Bay Area YadadaDiiiig.

Member No: 103,202

Homosexuality is perfectly alright. The only difference in relationships really is a sex organ. [ And maybe breasts if you want to get technical but mean have breasts too ]

I personally think that people who are opposed to gay and lesbians are ignorant and close minded. Having a friend, who came out to you shouldn't falter your judgement of him whatsoever. He has and had been the same person he always was, its just that he likes humans with penises as well.

I think its perfectly alright. No better than straight couples, but no worser. Its all the same thing in my eyes.

*xcaitlinx*
post Nov 17 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #21

it depends on your religion. i personally think that homosexuality is acceptable and i have no problem with people who are gay.

xFaith
post Nov 18 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #22

Like i care. ♥

Member No: 124,706

Holy moly. You are such a great friend. you are so right. ^^
I think its acceptable. I accept it, and most of my friends too.

Boyfriendless
post Nov 19 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #23

Azn at heart

Member No: 106,772

My friend just told me she is bi....I don't know what to think anymore.

Retrogressive
post Nov 19 2005, 03:27 AM
Post #24

Don't wake ghostie.

Member No: 2,405

OF COURSE IT IS.

rofl@ the person who said he was bad for your image

it IS just highschool
god...highschool...i think this will be my 20th time stating im glad im not in highschool any more

WOOT Wise words from Heather!! You need to make a quote book or something, Heather.

Just_Dream
post Nov 20 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #25

durian

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 3,860

Remember that your friend is still a person. We all are different in our own ways, so it's good that you want to remain his friend. Those other friends who want you to not be his friend are just afraid and/or very discriminatory. Remember that you KNEW your friend for a while and BEFORE you learned that he was gay, he was a GOOD friend to you. Just because you found out he was homosexual shouldn't change anything -- he is still the same person.

Argh I loathe people that are soooo ignorant and arrogant/snobby about homosexuals that they discriminate against them.

BTW, Frankie's awesome. hug.gif :]

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: