Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Challenge for Christians
Simba
post Apr 29 2007, 02:58 PM
Post #1

Photoartist

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 399,390

An alternative approach:

"Prove that your God is different from an imaginary friend."

cori-catastrophe
post Apr 29 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #2

hardxcore.

Group: Member
Member No: 479,494

imaginary friends didn't die on the cross, nor did they rise from the dead.
imaginary friends don't answer prayers, nor do they promise eternal life.

this is a good topic. happy.gif

misoshiru
post Apr 29 2007, 08:01 PM
Post #3

yan lin♥

Member No: 13,627

Maybe you've never had an imaginary friend who died on a cross and "rose to life" or promised you eternal life.

kimmytree
post Apr 29 2007, 09:02 PM
Post #4

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

QUOTE(hazardous @ Apr 29 2007, 8:50 PM) *

Yeah, and my imaginary friend just flew out my window. XD.gif

xoxo_proud
post May 1 2007, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Member No: 387,078

My imaginary friend's friend died on a cross.

Mulder
post May 1 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #6

i lost weight with Mulder!

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 79,019

they're imaginary

so, yeah, if the person imagined them that way, they would.

*onewaysalcha*
post May 1 2007, 09:20 PM
Post #7

An "imaginary friend" can never reach the ultimate status of any diety. And if we are Christians, we don't think God is "imaginary"...

Mulder
post May 1 2007, 10:10 PM
Post #8

i lost weight with Mulder!

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 79,019

if i imagined someone as a deity, then to me, they would be as much a god as jesus is to you.

and when I said "imaginary", I was talking about the imaginary friends, not Jesus.

*onewaysalcha*
post May 1 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #9

Well, of course if you're not exactly a Christian you can/will put God next to an imaginary friend. But it's not like anyone can prove God's existence anyway, hence this challenge is impossible.

bat19
post May 1 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #10

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

I had a friend named Charlie who owed me money, so I threw him off the top of the Red Cross building. He ironically fell on top of the giant flourescent Red cross and slowly died of internal bleeding and hemhoraging. I went home afterwards to many hits of blotter acid and decided to pop in Ben Hur. While on my couch, I noticed that Charlie was sitting next to me on the Barcolounger. He was bleeding from the head and his eyes had taken on a glassy, smoke color of light gray. I laughed at this and said my hello. At this he stood up which is when I noticed his legs were clearly broken, one bending backwards in an impossible angle that brought vomit close to the surface. His words which were mangled and fluid struck deep chords in my heart which I shall never forget as long as I live.
"I shall grant you eternal life, and grant your wishes. I am your genie. You are my master." At which point I woke up and realized I had shit my pants.

This is a retarded topic. stubborn.gif

elaboratedream
post May 7 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #11

straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful

Member No: 112,415

Prove that your god did any of those things, first of all.

Second, you're wrong about that one. My friend that only I can see (totally not imaginary, I dont care what everyone says) died on the cross, rose from the dead, promised me eternal life, answers my prayers AND can do the tango. TAKE THAT!

*kryogenix*
post May 7 2007, 08:30 PM
Post #12

I don't pray to my imaginary friend.

Game over.

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post May 7 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #13

There's really no way to prove anyone's god. Religion is beliefs, if it was fact it wouldn't be something you'd believe in; it'd just be a fact.

USCavalry
post May 8 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #14

Member No: 521,658

QUOTE(WHIMSICAL 0NE @ May 7 2007, 8:50 PM) *
There's really no way to prove anyone's god. Religion is beliefs, if it was fact it wouldn't be something you'd believe in; it'd just be a fact.

exactly

Jesus taught Faith, Hope, and Love above all, not science.

HelplessCry
post May 12 2007, 12:02 PM
Post #15

unrequited love

Member No: 46,788

everyone knows God,
no one knows your imaginary friend

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post May 12 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #16

^ Yes, but god can mean different things to different people. Someone's god could even be money. Not everyone knows the Christian God.

HelplessCry
post May 16 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #17

unrequited love

^ well the basic majority of people have heard about god s being the savior/ creator of the universe type thing.

*steve330*
post May 16 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #18

Deism is ftw imo.
And that's quite a dumb challenge to make. You know a ton of people will come in being all defensive-like trying to defend their beliefs while completely ignoring the challenge at hand. It seems as if this was just posted to incite something *shrug*

*Podomaht*
post May 17 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(steve330 @ May 17 2007, 12:01 AM) *
Deism is ftw imo.
And that's quite a dumb challenge to make. You know a ton of people will come in being all defensive-like trying to defend their beliefs while completely ignoring the challenge at hand. It seems as if this was just posted to incite something *shrug*

Well, you know Arjuna. He likes to make those intelligent posts.

not reallly.

Simba
post May 17 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #20

Photoartist

Member No: 399,390

yawn.gif

I was bored.

*mishyerr*
post May 17 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(hazardous @ Apr 29 2007, 7:50 PM) *

ROFLMAO

Hahahahhahahahahahhaa

hahahhaa
ahahahahahaha

I'm sorry, but how does that prove anything? lols.
Hehehe.

...Seriously, though,
anything could be interpreted as an "answered" prayer. I pray for help in Africa, suddenly it rains and OH MY GOD, IT MEANS THAT THE AFRICANS HAVE MORE WATER, NO WAY?! :O *bows*

----------

Sometimes, having an imaginary friend who is God is good. B/c then you can control all.

*pixiedust!*
post May 17 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(hazardous @ Apr 29 2007, 7:50 PM) *

That doesn't prove anything. mellow.gif I can have imaginary friends that do whatever I want them to.

You can't prove that a person's god is different than an imaginary friend. For me, what makes God real enough is looking at everything and just being thankful for it all... and a dash of faith.

Debate isn't really my thing; I just felt like replying.

Laughsalot
post May 18 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #23

look for the stars as the sun goes down

Member No: 453,963

god answers prayers?

HelplessCry
post May 19 2007, 11:27 AM
Post #24

unrequited love

^ not all the time.
sometimes you have to work for it in order for it to finally come true.
and not all prayers are necessarily good intentions.
god is basically that push but so can be a imaginary friend...hmm

cori-catastrophe
post May 19 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #25

hardxcore.

Member No: 479,494

QUOTE(pixiedust! @ May 18 2007, 12:01 AM) *
That doesn't prove anything. mellow.gif I can have imaginary friends that do whatever I want them to.

You can't prove that a person's god is different than an imaginary friend. For me, what makes God real enough is looking at everything and just being thankful for it all... and a dash of faith.

Debate isn't really my thing; I just felt like replying.

which has already been established by michelle. stubborn.gif
anyways, as someone already stated, religion is a belief. you can't prove it right or wrong, so what is the point of even trying.
it's funny how you can use faith as a defence, but i got my head bitten off when i did. _smile.gif
how can you prove that he's not real?
boo! grr... Posted: May 18 2007, 6:32 AM
god answers prayers?

not all of them. he either says yes, no, or wait. it's as simple as that. he has his reasons for everything, whether some people want to believe that they don't have complete control or not.
Lam. 3:41 Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.
Is. 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
Matt 7:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matt 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Matt 18:19-20 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Ps 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Ps 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Ps 145:18-19 The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
Prov 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Matt 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
I Jn 3:22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 Jn 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: