Reply to this topicStart new topic
Think back.
HakunaMatata
post Mar 16 2007, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Home is where your rump rests!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 451,969

Not pimping the whole 'I misss the old cB!' thing, but do think back to when you first began cB. What was it like? Did you 'click' with the members right away? Did you struggle at first at all? For either of the two previous, why do you think that was?

iDecay
post Mar 16 2007, 06:53 PM
Post #2

Pocketful of Sunshine

Member No: 289,004

At first, I didn't know the community forum even existed. It was just Xanga Help for me. I don't think I really got involved in other places besides there until I went into the chat. I started talking to people on there and got a bit more confortable with posting on the forums. I didn't struggle, really. Though I was really nooby and typed lyke thiz. mellow.gif

*Intercourse.*
post Mar 16 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #3

laugh.gif I was really stupid and didn't know there was a community center for a whole year wink.gif Then it was like once I figured out there was a community center I got asked to be on staff. I didn't know anyone though for that year or so, I just posted in the resource center little by little.

pkbabe
post Mar 16 2007, 07:56 PM
Post #4

Group: Member
Member No: 485,651

@ 1st I only came for xanga/myspace help. Didn't know about the community for about 2 months? Me being a newbie wasn't too long ago so its fresh in my memory.

Umm..well I still don't know most of you guys but last week I actually discovered that you guys have a live chat(which is lame cuz I've been a member since nov I think?)& I kinda started to sorta talk to people. So far I come off as a complete ditz(for those who have talked to me don't deny it) cuz I have problems catching up with their fast replies on the chat which as a result makes me confused.

Also I say "interesting" things. LOL why you may ask(maybe not but still...)? Its cuz I don't ever get to say that about myself in real life. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm boring & thinks my version of fun is to free load food & say "whatever" all the time

So for all pls remember: I get confused often but it doesn't mean I'm stupid. I just may have not caught what you previously have said

kimmytree
post Mar 16 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #5

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

EH. I think I hung around in the myspace section for at least a year before ever posting. pinch.gif

Bonobo
post Mar 16 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #6

Just another kid...

Member No: 505,690

I first came to CreateBlog when it looked like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050211033538/...createblog.com/

What was my screen name? I didn't have one happy.gif

I just used the site for layouts and stuff

michellerrific
post Mar 16 2007, 08:16 PM
Post #7

vivacity

Group: Official Member
Member No: 495,247

When I was first here, it looked similar to that ^.
I can sort of still remember that Milkshake banner on the homepage..although that might have been a little more recent?

I was only here at first for Myspace & Xanga help. I was aware there were other threads on here, but I only looked at them just a couple of times. It's not that I didn't click with people instantly, I just didn't give myself the chance to, until I posted on cB more actively.

*Girthy*
post Mar 16 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #8

i Us3 2 Typ3 lYK3 tHAt t00!1111!!!

anyways all i remember is suzyq and evan were my first e-friends ever.
yeah.

*salcha4u*
post Mar 16 2007, 09:00 PM
Post #9

I remember Anna hella bahsed me in chat back in 2004 LOL so I didn't go in again until like 2005. Then we found out we went to the same school and she was like WOWWW LET'S MEET UP

And now she spreads my address all over the chat. Ummmmmm 2004 was too long ago and I wasn't really active then. I don't remember anymore.

minioligo
post Mar 16 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #10

i'm so bored.

Member No: 473,614

I think it was around March 2004. People were soooo friendly and nice back then (: Lots of attractive looking people too! ;D Hahah

I was too much of a chicken to go into chat and really talk to people though hahah. I would occasionally go in just to see what it was like but then leave like 10 mins later. I never really started talking in chat till 2005 (: That's when it was lots of fun haha. Now I just visit occasionally when I'm bored.

*My Cinderella.*
post Mar 16 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #11

I was struggling with making friends. I was using sticky caps, giggling like a maniac and I had no idea what the rules were. So, I was kinda picked on.

Jeng
post Mar 17 2007, 02:05 PM
Post #12

Member No: 213,509

YEAH LOL. okay first time I joined cb, I stayed int he graphics forum only and asked for help like a noob. Then I went to chat and Yen told me she was a lesbo and I believed her for like 2 weeks intill she said she was kidding, I remembre say Hi all the itme in the chat and people thought I was annoying/ a bot. HAH

xtrancie
post Mar 17 2007, 02:18 PM
Post #13

stop staring >_>

Member No: 455,389

this is me when i first enter Createblog lmao

http://www.createblog.com/layouts/index.php?author_id=48688

*salcha4u*
post Mar 17 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Mar 17 2007, 5:16 AM) *
I remember Elba voted me for most clueless in the 04 cB yearbook. cry.gif

Hold on....HHAHAAHHHAHaHAH rofl1.gif rofl1.gif

Did you win?

Rachel
post Mar 17 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #15

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Mar 17 2007, 5:16 AM) *
HAHA I also remember getting bashed by Rachel, Anna and especially Elba. I remember a crew of Elba & friends gang-bashed me once. Haha. Me and Elba are friends now. And I have noooooooooooooo problems with Rachel and Anna.

cry.gif I'm sorry! I was a huge bitch back in the day, when the cool kids just bashed the little ones. I definitely was a grammar nazi for fun, most of the shit I said was just to piss people off (sounds a bit like Josh's philosophy no?) But before I was that awesome, I was a n00b. I don't remember if I typed LYkE DiSs, I think I was annoyed by that. But I was a bit of a suck up to the popular members back in 04, like Elba, Roxanna, Trish etc. Ohh and I thought Hairproducts was absolutely gorgeous, the first Asian boy who caught my eye wub.gif

*I Viddy Horrorshow*
post Mar 17 2007, 05:14 PM
Post #16

I already new Nicki, who was part of the crowd at that time, so I kind of had an easy way in...

I started out in debate (and didn't use the search button, *cringe*), got to know Sammi, Jordan, Rachel, William a little, Chrissy, Ariel, etc... just evolved from there.

I dunno... I was a little n00bish, but i never typed in iSlang, or whatever, beyond the standard 'u' type thing...

and also, cB1... God, I remember going backstage the first time and finding Project Aurora, and all the mod drama... then making references to thingsI shouldn't know about... I was so much less subtle. Lol. I was a much smoother criminal from then on. Except for one or two slip ups, obviously.

*Frénésie*
post Mar 17 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #17

I joined cB when it was REALLY fun. Lots and lots and lots of drama. Trish, Hilary, Paul Murphy ... wow.

*cries*

clarity
post Mar 17 2007, 06:32 PM
Post #18

vengeance.

Member No: 437,024

Hm, when I first joined cB was a lo-------ng time ago. Under a different username. I didn't post much AT ALL, if any I'd post in the Graphics Help. So I guess no one even probably knew I existed. laugh.gif After that I quit for like a year and rejoined back under a different username in May 2005, basically I did the same thing as before. Then I quit for like a month and rejoined under the username "oxbrkntearsxo" (which had a username change to silent whisper) in June 2005. I still hung out most in the Graphics help center. Then I started posting more in the lounge. I didn't fit in at all. I was called a noob, etc. Even if I really wasn't. sad.gif After that, i gave up and left. Then I came back around my birthday in 2006, Melissa (Jeng) made me a birthday topic, and alot of people wished a happy birthday. Thats when more people started to notice me. Then I lurked more in the Lounge. Later in June 2006, I noticed I lost my official member status (haha, i'm slow I know pinch.gif ) and created the account "Quarantine.", because I couldn't get my ppd on my old account up. When I created "Quarantine." more people started to talk to me, I posted more in the lounge, and basically abandoned Graphics Help. Later then, I started posting more in MySpace help. Then months and months now, I'm here. I don't know if I exactly "fit in", all though I do know that a lot more people know me then before.

*mzkandi*
post Mar 19 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(brownsugar @ Mar 17 2007, 8:16 AM) *
I remember Elba voted me for most clueless in the 04 cB yearbook. cry.gif

OMGROFL loool.gif

That was seriously hilarious, I even spilled a little coffee on myself.

<3 Suzzette

*StanleyThePanda*
post Mar 19 2007, 10:27 AM
Post #20

It was pretty hard at first. I thought everyone hated me... XD.gif Or maybe they did, idk.

*Uronacid*
post Mar 19 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #21

I started off in the Design Section (Graphic Showcase). I remember submitting one graphic and having it being returned to me saying that it contained reference to drugs... I haven't submitted anything sense. >.>

I then moved to the relationships section. People seemed to like my advice, and so I became one of the few members who have "relationships" as their most active forum.

I then started going into the Debate forum where I met a specific group of people who, I felt, didn't really know how to debate. They just felt like they knew how to debate because they ran together and agree with each other. Simply put, they used group tactics to win debates... I think this is why the debate section had died down. They had "debated" everyone out of the forum and for a while there where rarely people who entered the debate forums with a conflicting point of view.

Then I started going to the Lounge, Sandbox, and Boy's Locker room. I thought people seemed pretty mean, and to fit in I probably just started being mean.

Well, at first I was extremely nice to everyone. Now I'm an opinionated "Jerk"....

*mipadi*
post Mar 19 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #22

When I first joined, I had a feeling that CB was so big, no one really noticed me—until Sammi PM'ed me one day. And while that was nice, I always miss the anonymity I had before, when I first joined—although I think that anonymity is returning. _smile.gif

EddieV
post Mar 19 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #23

cB Assassin

Member No: 7,672

I struggled, a lot of people ignored me. It was hard man....some even called me stupid (this was in the chat)

Rachel
post Mar 19 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #24

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

QUOTE(I Viddy Horrorshow @ Mar 17 2007, 3:14 PM) *
I started out in debate (and didn't use the search button, *cringe*), got to know Sammi, Jordan, Rachel, William a little, Chrissy, Ariel, etc... just evolved from there.

WILLLLLIAM OMG i miss that kid [/spam]

viugiufgjhfhjfhg...
post Mar 19 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #25

The one man Voltron

Member No: 491,519

QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Mar 17 2007, 12:49 AM) *
Not pimping the whole 'I misss the old cB!' thing, but do think back to when you first began cB. What was it like? Did you 'click' with the members right away? Did you struggle at first at all? For either of the two previous, why do you think that was?

I don't think it has changed much since I first joined in 2006. Then again, I am not the most active member from my promotion, so it's hard to say right off the bat.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: