Reply to this topicStart new topic
Death by Procrastination
Eww
post Jun 11 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #1

Group: Official Member
Member No: 579,129

I've always been a bad procrastinator, but it's gotten really bad lately. It's pretty crazy. I have so little self control, it's quite sad. I'm supposed to be writing a paper, due tomorrow which I just started today and had a month to do. For the past few days, I haven't been starting homework/studying until 11, if I do it at all. This is finals week, too.

I feel like it's killing me and it actually scares me. It's eating me up alive. I suck.

I really better shape up for next year. I totally won't make it o:

-DressYourEyelid...
post Jun 12 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #2

Member No: 727,246

i hope you manage to get things under control. i used to have that problem. i cured it by depriving myself of things i really wanted/wanted to partake in[clothes, make up, concerts, etc] when ever i found myself in a stressful situation caused by my procrastination, and i rewarded myself when ever I was able to complete an assignment stress-free.

good luck to you.

Maccabee
post Jun 12 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #3

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

I have that same problem.

QUOTE(DressYourEyelids @ Jun 12 2009, 05:34 AM) *
i hope you manage to get things under control. i used to have that problem. i cured it by depriving myself of things i really wanted/wanted to partake in[clothes, make up, concerts, etc] when ever i found myself in a stressful situation caused by my procrastination, and i rewarded myself when ever I was able to complete an assignment stress-free.

good luck to you.

I have a very similiar method. When I dont procrastinate I give myself a cookie. When I do, I dont. mellow.gif

ley
post Jun 12 2009, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Ley <3

Group: Member
Member No: 664,894

Story of my life.

shanaynay
post Jun 12 2009, 09:56 AM
Post #5

Has a PhD in horribleness

Group: Member
Member No: 686,301

yeah same here. I don't really mind it, I'd rather have fun then waste my time on pointless homework.

tokyo-rose
post Jun 12 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #6

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

What you should do is try to type a bit of your paper each day or each week, just a little at a time, so that by the night before, at least you have most of it done and won't need to conduct all your research and/or write your whole paper then.

-DressYourEyelid...
post Jun 12 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #7

Member No: 727,246

QUOTE(jcp @ Jun 12 2009, 09:30 AM) *
I have that same problem.
I have a very similiar method. When I dont procrastinate I give myself a cookie. When I do, I dont. mellow.gif

haha. if i had done that i would have put on A LOT of weight.

Gigi
post Jun 12 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #8

in a matter of time

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 191,357

That was pretty much me all last year, and most of this year. I don't really ever end up changing my habits because I know I'll get my shit done in time, eventually. As long as you know your limits (and play within it), procrastination shouldn't be a big issue.

Or maybe you need a kick in the ass when you get your marks back this year and find out you've done badly to get you back on track.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: