2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
do you hate group work
Joanne
post Nov 23 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #26

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 95,404

I used to find group work tolerable, but I think I f*cking hate it now that I'm in university... quite the opposite of Gigi's comment. It's not because the people seem like they don't give a shit about the projects, but because I would seriously rather work on my own for a mark I PERSONALLY DESERVE. We can help each other out, but I do NOT want to share the same mark as you. Even if you're getting a higher mark than me. I just don't.

A couple of people in my Econ class have asked me if I wanted to work together with them for assignments and hand it in as one (we're allowed to), and I always say "Uh, no. I'm really bad at working with people." They'd just give me this odd (or hurt) look, like I'm this socially retarded person. Then I'm forced to say, "Okay, fine, I give you some answers if you need them" and their eyes totally lit up. AND THEN I end up giving them all the f*cking answers because they're to f*cking busy fooling around in the library to do the work themselves. f*ck you.

AND for my graphic design class, SEND ME YOUR PART OF THE PROJECT ON TIME GAWDAMMIT. I HAVE TO f*ckING WAKE UP EARLY FOR WORK TOMORROW, AND I CANNOT STAY UP ALL NIGHT WAITING FOR YOU TO SEND ME THE f*ckING FILE JUST SO I CAN DRIVE TO STAPLES AND PRINT IT OUT TOMORROW AFTER WORK. If you don't send it to me by 1, f*ck it; I'm just going to print it out on the day it's due.

Gigi
post Nov 23 2008, 03:59 AM
Post #27

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

^ See, I would only work in a group if I absolutely had to. If I had the choice, I still would rather work by myself. The idea of sharing my answers with someone else is not appealing to me, unless it's for something stupid like math. But I do find it tolerable, at least more so than high school.

I really don't have any complaints I guess. My OB group did another project recently and we slacked off SO BADLY, but I didn't really care that much because I let it happen. Usually I'll step in and just fix the shit up or else risk getting a bad mark. But I really didn't care at that point, because I was the one who did over 20% better on my midterm than the rest of my group members did, so I should have the least worries...what a selfish way to work eh? Oh well.

Oh yeah, PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE A f*ckING BIBLIOGRAPHY. And wear deodorant. Those are my two new prerequisites if you wanna be in my group.

Joanne
post Nov 23 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #28

Okay, so last night I told her that if the poster isn't sent to me by 9am today, I'm not going to print it. I even blatantly told her that I would rather print it today because I have time and the car today. I GUESS SHE STILL INSISTS ON BEING A f*ckING IDIOT AND DECIDED TO SEND IT TO ME ON TUESDAY. Does she not understand that if the poster turns up f*cked up on Tuesday we won't have time to fix it? Shit, she is so thick.

Jenni
post Nov 23 2008, 01:08 PM
Post #29

Group: Member
Member No: 680,835

well it depends
if ur wit some really smart person they do all da work for u which saves me time

but when ur wit lazy people and other ignorant people who make everything difficult than i would rather work alone because its just so much easier like dat cause ugh group work they wana do this nd u wana do dat and they dont vollunteer and aghh!!

DoubleJ
post Nov 23 2008, 01:11 PM
Post #30

The Resident Drunk

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 593,266

I actually just did a group pres this week, and working in a group motivated me. I really started to slack off, but you can't do that when you are in a group because you are f*cking with other peoples grades. I do like it though.

RCKstarh
post Nov 23 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #31

Onyi eff. babii

Member No: 204,660

it really depends. do u like/get along with ur partner(s). is the teacher letting u pick or are u picking so on. i usually like group work if i like my partners

JonHMChan
post Nov 23 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #32

ICE CREAM ♥

Member No: 699,617

I almost never get things done with groups. Most of the time, it just doesn't work out.

Joanne
post Jul 8 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #33

Why do I always end up working with the shittiest people for my business projects? f*ck.

QUOTE(RCKstarh @ Nov 23 2008, 01:01 PM) *
it really depends. do u like/get along with ur partner(s). is the teacher letting u pick or are u picking so on. i usually like group work if i like my partners

I like and get along with this girl I'm working with now, but preexisting friendships don't necessarily make reliable partnerships.

-DressYourEyelid...
post Jul 8 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #34

Group: Official Member
Member No: 727,246

i hate group work.

manny-the-dino
post Jul 8 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #35

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

QUOTE(Joanne @ Jul 8 2009, 09:43 AM) *
Why do I always end up working with the shittiest people for my business projects? f*ck.
I like and get along with this girl I'm working with now, but preexisting friendships don't necessarily make reliable partnerships.

So true.

Usually I'm fine with group work but there's always someone who doesn't want to do their share. When that happens, I try and get the rest of the group to talk to them about it and they eventually do their work.

kryogenix
post Jul 8 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #36

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Member No: 29

I hate groups, I hate work, so naturally I hate group work.

transcendentalis...
post Jul 8 2009, 07:03 PM
Post #37

sleep now, moon

Member No: 526,212

mostly i don't like group work. too many slackers...

BUT once upon a time we studied greece for a month in humanities and split up into citystates and it was the most ballinass group project ever. we didn't even pick our groups, so it was all extremely different people (6 people total)... and we stayed up late multiple times a week talking about how we wanted to do things and we bonded and hung out together and it was awesome :) /tears of joy

... i'm being totally serious.

iExquisite
post Jul 12 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #38

TooMuch Swagg

Member No: 645,693

idespise it

I.N.D.E.P.E.N.D.E.N.T

StubbornFemme
post Jul 14 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #39

never settle for less than what you deserve.

Member No: 328,920

i seriously hate group work, its such a waste of everybody's time if you think about it. i had a few times where i got so fed up with some of the people in my previous group work (mostly in high school of course)where i just had to ask my teacher if i could just do this alone or if i could just be in a group with the people who actually did do the work.

i just rather work with people who i know/want in my group that are actually going to work or i rather just work alone because i know for certain that work will get done.

creole
post Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #40

Member No: 676,364

basically

Group Work = stubborn.gif
Group Sex = happy.gif

Eww
post Jul 14 2009, 05:28 PM
Post #41

Group: Official Member
Member No: 579,129

I hate it with a passion.
Half the time I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots (excluding few), which I feel pretty bad about, but it's true. Actually, it's every time. I get so pissed off when I'm putting in a lot far more work then I'm supposed to be, and they're aware of it. That bothers me.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: