Reply to this topicStart new topic
videogame movies
*kryogenix*
post Jul 2 2004, 12:21 PM
Post #1

ehhh, i like the idea of them, just that most of them aren't that good. probably the only good videogame movie was mortal kombat. final fantasy was terrible. super mario bros didn't make any sense. the rest just weren't very appealing.

Upcoming movies include Crazy Taxi, House of the Dead and Soul Calibur. Crazy Taxi probably won't do too well, House of the Dead is probably going to be a Resident Evil clone and Soul Calibur, though an awesome game, will probably do bad too. The reason: I think it'll be hard for the producers to introduce all the characters and their backgrounds efficiently and make the story good at the same time. Also, the producers are the guys who made American Pie. American Pie Producers = BS videogame movie.

However, there is a movie i'm excited about. Metroid. It's going to be directed by John Woo. The game fits the type of movies John Woo directs so i'm hoping it will do very well.

A video game I would love to see turned into a movie would be the Legend of Zelda series. Great story, lots of room for sequels and now that Lord of the Rings is out of the way, it won't have too much competition.

Anyway, this is third videogame related topic i've made today, i'd like to hear your responses.

hybrid
post Jul 2 2004, 12:25 PM
Post #2

pixel hybrid

Group: Member
Member No: 1,081

Mortal Combat, indeed, was a great movie. happy.gif

Soul Caliber.. hmm, it sounds interesting.. _smile.gif

Luster Soldier
post Jul 2 2004, 12:26 PM
Post #3

ÖÐÎÄÈí¼þ

Member No: 10,655

Yeah, the final fantasy movies are terrible, and super mario bros will never turn into a decent movie. I think action and rpg games with a decent storyline can be turned into a good movie, like the zelda and metroid series Kyrogenix mentioned.
I think metal gear solid will be great as well.

*kryogenix*
post Jul 2 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(Luster Soldier @ Jul 2 2004, 12:26 PM)
Yeah, the final fantasy movies are terrible, and super mario bros will never turn into a decent movie. I think action and rpg games with a decent storyline can be turned into a good movie, like the zelda and metroid series Kyrogenix mentioned.
I think metal gear solid will be great as well.

yeah, metal gear solid would make a great movie, now that the matrix is out of the way.

xHalf nHalf
post Jul 2 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #5

lil______d00ks

Member No: 25,538

yeah im not too sure about video games into live action movies...i mean look at what they made outta street fighter(not the anime, the live action) and mortal kombat..those movies were soooo bad lol. it was ridiculous

but im pretty interested about metroid happy.gif

dukesoccer07
post Jul 2 2004, 12:36 PM
Post #6

Member No: 13,359

Hmm, I guess I was the only one who thought final fantasy was ok... what about resident evil, that was a good movie...

crazy taxi? hmm thats odd

moomoognu
post Jul 2 2004, 12:46 PM
Post #7

Member No: 11,385

I think that most video games just shouldn't be made into movies for the most part. Metroid would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would fare. Legend of Zelda would be cool considering it's like LotR in a lot of ways.

Why would you want to make a movie based on Crazy Taxi? How is that possible? I'm thinking up a possible storyline right now..

JlIaTMK
post Jul 2 2004, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Member No: 22,696

oh definetly the X-mens

AZN_DRAGON
post Jul 2 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #9

The Pope

Member No: 18,272

i wish there was an street fighter movie bcuz all the movies it came out with was in japanese like ryu's brother

BeyondElite
post Jul 2 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #10

Senior Member.

Member No: 12,940

Mortal Combat is the way to be! _smile.gif biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

*kryogenix*
post Jul 2 2004, 06:49 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(AZN_DRAGON @ Jul 2 2004, 6:32 PM)
i wish there was an street fighter movie bcuz all the movies it came out with was in japanese like ryu's brother

uhh, there is a street fighter movie. it was ok, wasn't that great though. Col. Guile didn't look anything like he was supposed to.

X-men is more based on the comic than the videogame

distortedMIND
post Jul 2 2004, 10:18 PM
Post #12

distortion in its craziest.

Member No: 22,325

I heard of a Final fantasy 7 movie. hmm, I hope it will be a reality for me. =)

EmeraldKnight
post Jul 3 2004, 01:24 AM
Post #13

Member No: 16,421

FF7: Advent Children looks soooo cool.. the trailer's awesome.. I realli want to see that one happy.gif laugh.gif

*kryogenix*
post Jul 3 2004, 08:17 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(EmeraldKnight @ Jul 3 2004, 1:24 AM)
FF7: Advent Children looks soooo cool.. the trailer's awesome.. I realli want to see that one happy.gif laugh.gif

I hope SquareEnix has learned their lesson. Square can't afford to make another mistake like The spirits witihin.

uLoVeMikeRoch
post Jul 11 2004, 09:04 AM
Post #15

Wow, i dont know whats going on...

Member No: 10,977

well advent children is actually going to be good, plus its not like an actual theatrical movie but a sequal video game thing ( wow what am i talking about?!)
well for a movie, i would like a zelda one, and a MGS one of cource but maybe... a halo movie

shortkid23
post Jul 12 2004, 09:39 PM
Post #16

Member No: 29,599

Yeah i think mgs would be a good movie. But only mgs 1. I also heard about crazy taxi, that might be stupid. But the movie i wanna see tho is Duke Nukem. The Rock is suppose to be in that one.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: