Reply to this topicStart new topic
problem with pc, my problem
aladavlis
post Dec 16 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 488,117

Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

*mona lisa*
post Dec 16 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #2

Moved to Technology

Your solution: Don't use IE. Use Firefox! _smile.gif

think!IMAGINARIL...
post Dec 16 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Member No: 761

Might be spyware or some other type of malware. Download Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and use it.

And as Mona said, use Firefox! It's a lot better than IE.

sone
post Dec 21 2006, 04:23 AM
Post #4

Member No: 480,428

QUOTE(mona lisa @ Dec 16 2006, 7:12 PM) *
Moved to Technology

Your solution: Don't use IE. Use Firefox! _smile.gif

Comeon "mona lisa" that’s not the solution.
I too had suffer this kind of problem long back. It might be because of trogen or virus. Scan your system as soon as possible & install Zone alarm. This would give u positive result.
IE is not bad as other think.

In fact I am using IE from last 5 year, and there are application which works on IE like Yahoo Messenger, Keepoint, Skype... but still i didn't encountered any problem.

gelionie
post Dec 21 2006, 05:08 AM
Post #5

say maydayism.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 26,344

Hey Firefox is better AND it's a good solution.
Hackers/viruses/trojans/worms tend to target IE more than Firefox, you know.

*mona lisa*
post Dec 21 2006, 11:57 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(sone @ Dec 21 2006, 4:23 AM) *
Comeon "mona lisa" that's not the solution.
I too had suffer this kind of problem long back. It might be because of trogen or virus. Scan your system as soon as possible & install Zone alarm. This would give u positive result.
IE is not bad as other think.

In fact I am using IE from last 5 year, and there are application which works on IE like Yahoo Messenger, Keepoint, Skype... but still i didn't encountered any problem.
I was partly joking but even still, Firefox is a much safer browser to use compared to IE. Sure, IE isn't really bad but Firefox has better capabilities when it comes to blocking out malware that can damage your computer. _smile.gif

smoke
post Dec 21 2006, 09:44 PM
Post #7

Pokeball, GO!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 433,009

Not to mention IE is a lot slower than FireFox. IE can't even compare to FireFox, honestly. mellow.gif

Have you scanned your computer for spy ware or viruses lately?

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: