Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Skate., vexel/vector attempt
Mikeplyts
post Sep 22 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

Ugh, f*ck. I tried my hand at vectoring (vexeling, whatever) again.

Go ahead, laugh. mellow.gif Constructive criticism could really be appreciated. By the way, I was kind of going for a twist of... um, realistic surrealism?

edit:
Oh, yeah. Here's the original image:

*sigh*

Mikeplyts
post Sep 23 2010, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

Er, yeah, it is kind of unfinished. I planned on making this a progression thread.

Anyhow, I know that phrase is contradictory, I just couldn't really think of the words. I kind of wanted this to look like a detailed vector while at the same time like a cartoon.

I think my problem is that I tend to not use the "curve option" when it comes to the pen tool, haha. Oh, I also have problems applying the right colors and such, because it looks off in some parts (like the eyes). "Attention to detail" is easier said than done, but yeah, I definitely lack that here. Maybe I just need a lot more reading for tutorials until I publicly post a hideous, smelly piece like this one.

Thanks bro, I'll try working on it as soon as I can again and see if I can smooth up the edges, put more shadows, highlights, and details in, and maybe I can get the colors just right. thumbsup.gif

manny-the-dino
post Sep 25 2010, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

Lol that guy's face reminds me of this.

I agree with Mike though. But we all have to start from somewhere! Just keep practicing.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: