Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Barack Obama - Our Next Dead President, It's Sad
bat19
post Feb 8 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

It's sad, but if Barack Obama wins the next presidential election, he will not be alive for very long. I'm not saying I want this, not at all. In fact I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than to have a Black Democrat President. The problem is that he is in fact Black and there are many hate groups in America that will never stand for this and will do whatever it takes to eradicate any threat to the White Male Chauvinist. I guess Hilary will have to watch out as well, but I don't care about her.

Think about our history:

Abraham Lincoln - Freed Slaves - ASSASSINATED
John F. Kennedy - Help Develop the Civil Rights Act of 1964- ASSASSINATED
Martin Luther King Jr. - Fought for Equality - ASSASSINATED
Malcolm X - Fought for Equality - ASSASSINATED

If you only want for a Black man to be in the White House, no matter how short his life is while there, then by all means vote for him.
If you value the life of a Human being, please vote for Rudy Giuliani

HakunaMatata
post Feb 9 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Home is where your rump rests!

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 451,969

Pardon my French, but how the hell is this news?

Was W.E.B. DuBois assassinated? Booker T. Washington?

PM me explaining how this is news if you want this re-opened.

iDecay
post Feb 9 2007, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Pocketful of Sunshine

Member No: 289,004

Re-opened and moved to Debate.

Hmm, I really have no say in this because I have NO idea what's going on in politics. Though I did do a summary on Giuliani about like... 5 minutes ago.

bat19
post Feb 9 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #4

Group: Human
Member No: 494,019

It's news because he could potentially be our first Black president and our nation has a history of discouraging Black advancement(I mean in politics and "back of the bus" type shit. Don't turn this into another "Why are blacks so damn lazy" post).

silly ol' man
post Feb 9 2007, 01:51 AM
Post #5

Group: Member
Member No: 495,973

You're taking a lot of events in history that have different factors/circumstances leading up to them and trying to apply them to a 21st century scenery -- and that's a huge mistake. It's still only in the stages of happenstance that Barack Obama will be chosen as the Democratic nomination for the presidency, let alone win the whole enchilada, so let's calm down before we start claiming that our maybe-perhaps-president-in-two-years is going to be shot, okay?

No more A + B + C = Z arguments, thanks.

kimmytree
post Feb 9 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #6

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

Are you serious? Its 2007. Yeah, there are still some wacko racists out there, but I doubt anything would happen... I think Bush would have a bigger risk of being assasinated than Obama.

*WHIMSICAL 0NE*
post Feb 10 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #7

Erm, this is kinda dumb. ermm.gif

*disco infiltrator*
post Feb 10 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #8

^ I actually think the both of them are more probable than a Republican winner at this point, but that's another argument entirely.

I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone will assassinate Barack Obama. The people that you mentioned were killed for very specific reasons, mostly because they were orchestrating huge amounts of change in a country that is used to traditionalism and familiarity. All of those people were in the midst of revolutions of thought. Mr. Obama is not.

*I Shot JFK*
post Feb 10 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(The Abominable C-Pillar @ Feb 9 2007, 4:56 AM) *
It's sad, but if Barack Obama wins the next presidential election, he will not be alive for very long. I'm not saying I want this, not at all. In fact I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than to have a Black Democrat President. The problem is that he is in fact Black and there are many hate groups in America that will never stand for this and will do whatever it takes to eradicate any threat to the White Male Chauvinist. I guess Hilary will have to watch out as well, but I don't care about her.

Think about our history:

Abraham Lincoln - Freed Slaves - ASSASSINATED
John F. Kennedy - Help Develop the Civil Rights Act of 1964- ASSASSINATED
Martin Luther King Jr. - Fought for Equality - ASSASSINATED
Malcolm X - Fought for Equality - ASSASSINATED

If you only want for a Black man to be in the White House, no matter how short his life is while there, then by all means vote for him.

Because Mitt Romney is what, a small potato? Why Giuliani?

But yea... There are plenty of people who hate George Bush. But he hasn't been assasinated. And like Sammi said, there were circumstances which provoked the above assasinations. Not JUST race. If Obama were to be assasinated, then presumably it would be as a result of policy, not race.

*disco infiltrator*
post Feb 10 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #10

P.S., Hilary isn't completely terrible either, and if anyone's really worried about Obama being assassinated, they should vote for her. Obama's just wayyyyy cooler. punk.gif

Kontroll
post Feb 10 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #11

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

QUOTE(happykmd @ Feb 9 2007, 5:51 PM) *
Are you serious? Its 2007. Yeah, there are still some wacko racists out there, but I doubt anything would happen... I think Bush would have a bigger risk of being assasinated than Obama.

Are you serious? All the other countries love us because we hate our president. So, I doubt they will try and kill us because they'll be waiting to see which one of us does it first...
Secondly, I think that everyone here in America for the most part is a tree huggin' hippie who doesn't believe in killing. So, is safer than if he was on the endangered species list.

Booyakasha....Next.

I'm gonna kill Obama. Not because he's black, but because he's democrat. I hate democrats...I'll make Hilary do it so that I won't be the one to blame. HAHAHAHAHA. Sort of like in Saw.

kimmytree
post Feb 10 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #12

Kimberly

^ What do you mean by hippie? If you mean for the environment, then yeah, a majority of Americans seem to be. But tree huggers? Um no.

Are you kidding me? Why do you hate democrats? So seeing that you arent a democrat, I'm assuming your a republican. rolleyes.gif

*disco infiltrator*
post Feb 10 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #13

You're making fun of him for hating Democrats, but you're rolling your eyes at the fact that he's a Republican. If you want to act all smart, it would be better to be more mature about it and not make fun of anyone for familiarizing themselves with a certain political party as long as they have fact and reason to back up their thoughts on how the country should be run.

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 12:31 AM
Post #14

I hope it doesn't happen either, because I hope he doesn't win. Seriously, every time I ask someone why they like Obama so much, they can't really name a reason other than "well he's really popular." There was so much hype about him winning the race even before he decided to run. I don't think he stands a chance. It'll be hilarious watching him and Hilary ripping into each other during the primaries.

*disco infiltrator*
post Feb 11 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #15

People probably support him because they relate to his opinions on the policies of the country. At least, that's my reason. He was against the War in Iraq from the beginning, he supports the choice to an abortion, he supports homosexual marriage, he doesn't want to privatize healthcare, etc. etc. He's also incredibly intelligent and there's nothing that attracts me more to a person than intelligence.

kimmytree
post Feb 11 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #16

Kimberly

QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Feb 10 2007, 9:47 PM) *
You're making fun of him for hating Democrats, but you're rolling your eyes at the fact that he's a Republican. If you want to act all smart, it would be better to be more mature about it and not make fun of anyone for familiarizing themselves with a certain political party as long as they have fact and reason to back up their thoughts on how the country should be run.

No, I was "rolling my eyes" over him saying that he hated democrats. I think its screwed up to hate someone just because you disagree with them. I'm a democrat, but I surely dont hate republicans. Yeah, I disagree with them, but I definately dont hate them for it. stubborn.gif

And I most definately was not trying to act smart by making fun of him for his political opinions.

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(happykmd @ Feb 11 2007, 11:28 AM) *
No, I was "rolling my eyes" over him saying that he hated democrats. I think its screwed up to hate someone just because you disagree with them. I'm a democrat, but I surely dont hate republicans. Yeah, I disagree with them, but I definately dont hate them for it. stubborn.gif

And I most definately was not trying to act smart by making fun of him for his political opinions.

You're not even a registered voter... how can you be a democrat already?

ahahaha wikipedia

kimmytree
post Feb 11 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #18

Kimberly

^ Actually, I'm old enough to register, at least in my state. You can register 6 months before your 18th birthday.

I just consider myself to be more of a democrat... and plan on registering as a democrat. Why does it matter?

Blaqheartedstar
post Feb 11 2007, 01:20 PM
Post #19

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Member No: 156,187

QUOTE(The Abominable C-Pillar @ Feb 8 2007, 11:56 PM) *
  • It's sad, but if Barack Obama wins the next presidential election, he will not be alive for very long.
  • I guess Hilary will have to watch out as well, but I don't care about her.
  • If you value the life of a Human being, please vote for Rudy Giuliani

It's sad, but if Barack Obama wins the next presidential election, he will not be alive for very long.
think of the year today 2007, do u honestly believe that he will die? look where bush has led this country and no one has bothered or come close to ending his life, i honestly believe that his life will not end ubruptly because of his race, and his choice to run for office

I guess Hilary will have to watch out as well, but I don't care about her.
wrong way to word that, and offensive... if u care that Obama's life will end because of the color of his skin then why not Clinton?

seems bias of you to mention such... people have a choice to vote for who ever they want, and who ever wins will be under the protection that the current president is receiving

*kryogenix*
post Feb 11 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #20

If you value the life of a human being, you'd vote for a pro life candidate.

Blaqheartedstar
post Feb 11 2007, 01:25 PM
Post #21

Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Member No: 156,187

how bout the state of the country?
and the lives being taken away to a war which now has no value... what is the real reason as to why we are still in this war?

*disco infiltrator*
post Feb 11 2007, 01:41 PM
Post #22

Or as to why we got in it in the first place? _smile.gif

But I digress, and so do you guys. Back on topic!

kimmytree
post Feb 11 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #23

Kimberly

Hmm, thats funny... last I heard he was for partial birth abortion. So much for that. mellow.gif

chasingvictory
post Feb 20 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #24

nicorie

Member No: 394,679

no matter what people say, i'm a republican!!! thumbsup.gif And I'm gonna vote for rudy than any democrat... laugh.gif well... i dont know about Obama getting killed for being black but it could happen..

kimmytree
post Feb 20 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #25

Kimberly

^ So you vote strictly Republican then? Reguardless of what their views are? blink.gif

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: