Closed TopicStart new topic
pictures in shapes
aNg3LBaBi3
post May 3 2005, 10:10 AM
Post #1

sweet but sour

Group: Member
Member No: 35,953

i have seen people with pictures in a heart shape, i have photoshop 7. i can't find an example right now, but the edges don't look like a solid line or whatever its blurred like. how would you do this in photoshop 7? sry if this is the wrong place to post this, i think its right. pinch.gif

YourSuperior
post May 3 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #2

;)

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 99,124

I think you're talking about the custom shapes. Most hearts ppl do there hearts with the custom shapes. Right click on the rectangle on the tool box, and select custom shapes. Then select the custom shape you want on the panel at the top of the screen.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 11:22 AM
Post #3

sweet but sour

no its actual pictures of people inside a shape of a heart or circle. like your picture in a circle or something. sryy its hard to explain

avalon*
post May 4 2005, 03:43 PM
Post #4

NO. I'm not 13. or 14. or 15. or 16.

Member No: 30,577

Okay, if you make a custom shape on a blank document in the shape of the heart, then control-click on that layer, and you should have a selection around the heart. Get the image that you want next to the document of the heart. Take the marquee tool, hover inside the heart, and click and HOLD DOWN, and DRAG the heart shaped selection onto the picture that you opened up. Go Select>>Inverse, and press delete. Then you can blur the edges of the heart.

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #5

If it's in a shape, select the shape by pressing ctrl and click on that layer. Go to the picture that you want to paste into it and select all (ctrl+a). Then, go back to the layer with the shape and press ctrl+shift+V. it will paste the picture inside the shape. You can use the move tool to move it around. I hope that's what you asked.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #6

sweet but sour

i tried both ways, it didn't work. it wouldnt let me drag the heart one i clicked the marquee tool, it just made a box to the edge i dragged it too. it also wouldnt let me ctrl+shift+V. i want to do this, i found it on a japanese site,

and this

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #7

It should. it doesn't have to be two separate documents. Just make sure that they're on separate layers. Go to Edit>>Paste into. and the picture that you selected should be inside the shape.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 06:30 PM
Post #8

sweet but sour

this is so frustrating. it doesnt work the way you tell me to. it wont paste the picture in the heart, it just pastes the whole picture over the heart. your giving me directions for adobe photoshop 7 right? argh i have literally been trying to redo it over and over for a whole hour now maybe more. mad.gif stupid photoshop.

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 06:36 PM
Post #9

Yeah, for 7.0. Since it goes over the heart, did you make sure that you selected the shape? Meaning it's a lasso? Press ctrl and click on the layer with the shape with ctrl button down. then paste into it.

talcumpowder
post May 4 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #10

You'll find me in your dreams.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 114,010

... Make a layer that is filled with a color, but with a cut-out heart shape.
Copy-paste the picture.
Stick it behind the first layer.
Crop and whatnot to suit needs...
----
That seems a lot easier to me, but can you do that on Photoshop...?

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 06:57 PM
Post #11

sweet but sour

yes, i selected the heart and it looks the outline of a heart with little boxes. is a lasso an outline of a shape? i redid it once more and i still get the same thing. i tried another way which is copying the heart then deleting the heart layer and pasting it on top of the pic, but it doesnt do a clean cut. sad.gif this is so hard. when i saved it, the heart didnt show up, so i had to print the screen just so you could see what its doing.

QUOTE(nyah-nek0 @ May 4 2005, 6:46 PM)
... Make a layer that is filled with a color, but with a cut-out heart shape.
Copy-paste the picture.
Stick it behind the first layer.
Crop and whatnot to suit needs...
----
That seems a lot easier to me, but can you do that on Photoshop...?

when i do that the heart just sits over the picture, all i see is a heart and a background of a picture. i do not know how to crop. i am a beginner to photoshop

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #12

Oh, you have to fill in a color in the heart first. Then the picture will show up on top of that color. Right now, it's a path, not really a shape. It should work if you fill it in. =]

talcumpowder
post May 4 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #13

^ ? I didn't do that....
NEW LAYER -> FLOOD FILL -> ADD HEART SHAPE -> FILL IT -> MAGIC WAND TOOL -> SELECT HEART -> DELETE -> Copy-paste the picture -> Stick it behind the first layer -> Crop and whatnot to suit needs...
----
-shrug- That's how I was doing mine... I play around with my Elements too much.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 07:12 PM
Post #14

sweet but sour

QUOTE(gotnoheart @ May 4 2005, 7:02 PM)
Oh, you have to fill in a color in the heart first. Then the picture will show up on top of that color. Right now, it's a path, not really a shape. It should work if you fill it in. =]

the color of the heart i started out was pink and it says "could not use the paint bucket because the content of the layer is not directly editable". i used pink so i could see.

QUOTE(nyah-nek0 @ May 4 2005, 7:08 PM)
^ ? I didn't do that....
NEW LAYER -> FLOOD FILL -> ADD HEART SHAPE -> FILL IT -> MAGIC WAND TOOL -> SELECT HEART -> DELETE -> Copy-paste the picture -> Stick it behind the first layer -> Crop and whatnot to suit needs...
----
-shrug- That's how I was doing mine... I play around with my Elements too much.

when i try to fill the heart it wont let me nor will it let me use the wand. when i tried to use the wand it says "could not use the magic wand because the target is a fill layer". aslkjfgklhgierjgiojeo very frustrating!! mad.gif

is it easier to do in Paint Shop Pro 8 or whatever? i dont have that but if its alot easier than this adobe junk, i will download it. the last time i used psp it was version 5 or 6 and was simple to fill in a picture in a shape. arghhh. no telling how it is now.

lovescream
post May 4 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #15

define our lives for us.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 43,293

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42331

I think it's kinda like that..
But maybe, use a font with a heart in it.

Like the font "Cheri" and type in ` (next to 1/!) and it'll become a heart.. o.O

Heh. just a suggestion since nothing else for you is working.

talcumpowder
post May 4 2005, 08:03 PM
Post #16

Hm... That's freaky. o.O
Perhaps you need to make the layer into a raster layer...? Gee, it's really hard to explain this when I don't use the same prog... >.o

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 08:17 PM
Post #17

sweet but sour

the cheri font heart was too small and could only get to size 300. the pic also didnt fit in the way i wanted it to. i was just wondering did anyone of you even try to do all that yourself? cuz if it worked for you it should of worked for me, if you explained everything exactly as you did it. im just curious, cuz i dont see how its not working.

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #18

Is that how you filled it in? Double click on the gray box. I've tried it and it worked for me.. huh.gif

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #19

sweet but sour

no, i tried filling in in with paint, how would you fill it in that way? have you you tried everything else you told me and it worked for you?

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #20

With paint? The paintbucket tool? When you draw out the shape, the little box for the color should appear. Double click on it to choose the color.

avalon*
post May 4 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #21

Don't paste the image over the heart, and don't make the heart shape on top of the image. I'm sure you can drag it..hold on.

Then you can blur the edges if you want.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 08:44 PM
Post #22

sweet but sour

does it do a clean cut like this? cuz im tired of trying if its not that, then thats not what i want.

i have been at it since 5:30, and its frustrating. im pretty sure you'd feel the same way. yawn.gif

*mona lisa*
post May 4 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #23

Clean cut? Why not, it's a shape so it should be. You can also go to the Blending options and add a stroke as it is in the picture you provided.

avalon*
post May 4 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #24

Yeah it does a clean cut, but like I said, you can use the blur tool, and blur the edges, or you could select the heart and go Select>>Feather.

aNg3LBaBi3
post May 4 2005, 08:54 PM
Post #25

sweet but sour

i will try tommorrow cuz i have to go, i know this might be spam but i dont want you guys to think i just ignored what you said. thanks everyone for trying to help. i rlly appreciate it.

okay im trying it now and i think this may be the problem...

when i selected my heart earlier it looked different, i ctrl+click the heart and not the layer. i ctrl+click the heart on that layer so i thought it was the same. blehh. im slow, as i said earlier im new to photoshop. i didnt know you meant the actual entire layer itself. pinch.gif

yay i did it!

biggrin.gif thank you so much!! flowers.gif i really appreciate it, this topic can be closed now. :satisfied:

thanks again for the tutorial, it was more helpful! _smile.gif

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: