Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ya know
shadowfax
post Oct 30 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Padfoot

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 50,413

I actually thought that CB would be better after we all had to start a new chapter in the history of CB but nope, not much has changed. It's going to be back to the way it used to be, which is a shame because I've seen many positive changes but there'll always be the one problem with drama on CB. Shit, man, a little respect and friendliness wouldn't be so bad. A little civility wouldn't hurt anyone, especially if it's directed to someone you don't like.

Elba
post Oct 30 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #2

Member No: 4,975

I agree. WTF happened? Stupid Amber; I blame her.

rnicron
post Oct 30 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Member No: 171,080

STFU, Rent-a-mod.

superstitious
post Oct 30 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #4

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

I love you Padfoot.

I thought things were getting better too. :[

shadowfax
post Oct 30 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Padfoot

QUOTE(Elba @ Oct 30 2007, 08:45 PM) *
I agree. WTF happened? Stupid Amber; I blame her.
Eh. General bitchniess (even if was just a joke) doesn't exactly help.

The Lounge has just become a dump for drama.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 30 2007, 08:47 PM) *
I love you Padfoot.

I thought things were getting better too. :[
I love you, Moony.

freeflow
post Oct 30 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #6

t-t-t-toyaaa

Group: Official Member
Member No: 11,270

Hey atleast we went in a good direction for sometime I don't think we're that bad though. I mean yes there's drama but its not as bad as before IMO.

EddieV
post Oct 30 2007, 07:57 PM
Post #7

cB Assassin

Member No: 7,672

Things are somewhat going down, not like when I first came. Which was dramatic as well but less.....so I think anyway....

superstitious
post Oct 30 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #8

Tick tock, Bill

I was looking for the thread regarding post counts in Introductions (but Elba was kind enough to just say why LOL)

Anyway, in searching I came across this thread, which lead me to this thread, which leads me to, I miss Nate!

And Toya, you're right. It isn't that bad, just would be great if people could be nicer. I'll take people being genuine over faking nice, for sure but yeah.

freeflow
post Oct 30 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #9

t-t-t-toyaaa

Member No: 11,270

Yea I agree with what you and Mona said, no worries :]

*BANANATUNG*
post Oct 30 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Let me ask you. Is everyone in real life nice? No. There will never be any peace here on cB as you wish there to be. It's just how life works. Once a drama ends, another one starts up.

Elba
post Oct 30 2007, 08:05 PM
Post #11

Member No: 4,975

I am actually really nice offline mellow.gif A little bitchy, but nice nonetheless.

xtwitchyx
post Oct 30 2007, 08:08 PM
Post #12

-i-twitch-

Group: Member
Member No: 544,541

A long time ago, there was a forum I used to go to where they had a seperate area for people who wanted to cause trouble or have some e-drama. It was kind of funny sometimes.

pandora
post Oct 30 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #13

i did your boyfriend

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 4,071

yknow i honestly dont think it's as bad as it was. half the threads you're talking about are just jokes; there's no real hostility. just the steven vs tung drama and us vs sandra drama which wouldnt even exist if she would just quit being a mod.

shadowfax
post Oct 30 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Padfoot

QUOTE(BANANATUNG @ Oct 30 2007, 09:04 PM) *
Let me ask you. Is everyone in real life nice? No. There will never be any peace here on cB as you wish there to be. It's just how life works. Once a drama ends, another one starts up.
Of course not but it's not exactly the same. Here, drama just sits there or it festers, which is what usually happens. Some people SEEK drama/attention and for someone like me, it's harder to ignore it on CB than irl. I do a fair job of not getting involved or seeing drama in irl.

I can understand the jokes but sometimes, it's taken too far and it's annoying.

superstitious
post Oct 30 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #15

Tick tock, Bill

I don't think that Mona is under the impression that there will ever be total peace here. I know I don't.

It would be nice if there was a little of this and a little of that. This place has plenty of assholes, plenty of bitches, plenty and plenty of mean spirited posts. That's fine. Most of it seems tongue-in-cheek anyway. It just would be nice if in addition to that there would be some pleasant and thought provoking conversation as well, that's all.

karmakiller
post Oct 30 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #16

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

QUOTE(freeflow @ Oct 30 2007, 07:51 PM) *
Hey atleast we went in a good direction for sometime I don't think we're that bad though. I mean yes there's drama but its not as bad as before IMO.
I agree. There's lots of joking amongst friends on the boards that people who are new here or don't know could take the wrong way. I don't think it's as bad as before. No one is going to be 100% kind 100% of the time. The forums would be boring then, but I think we've come a long way. Doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement.

monster
post Oct 30 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #17

Group: Banned
Member No: 11,810

QUOTE(davinci @ Oct 30 2007, 08:44 PM) *
I actually thought that CB would be better after we all had to start a new chapter in the history of CB but nope, not much has changed. It's going to be back to the way it used to be, which is a shame because I've seen many positive changes but there'll always be the one problem with drama on CB. Shit, man, a little respect and friendliness wouldn't be so bad. A little civility wouldn't hurt anyone, especially if it's directed to someone you don't like.

to be honest with you, this is what makes CB awesome. it's friendly in some areas and in some areas, it's lots of drama.

look at what happens to utopias.

arcanum
post Oct 30 2007, 08:28 PM
Post #18

:)

Member No: 34,459

I'm still sweet. pinch.gif Sometimes.

I really am the sweetest person you'll ever meet. I just think eDrama is funny. I never take anything serious on cB. shrug.gif

shadowfax
post Oct 30 2007, 08:31 PM
Post #19

Padfoot

Meh, I wouldn't say that's what makes it awesome.

And I don't mean for this to be so serious. If there is conflict on the forums, it is rarely solved peacefully (lol, yeah, I know I'm asking too much for everyone to get along. That's like asking for world peace.) if solved at all. I guess I'm just annoyed that the recent conflicts haven't ended well.

HakunaMatata
post Oct 30 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #20

Home is where your rump rests!

Member No: 451,969

I really thought the tear-down would be a really nice clean-slate sorta deal. And it was, but like Mona said - it's just back to the way it was again. I'm not, in any way, saying that inside jokes are terrible and are ruining cB, but take a look at the Lounge - it's just full of it, and only a very select number of people who take part. The sense of overall community, I think, is going way, way down.

And I know, know, know how many people just absolutely hate Rico. And I know that there are times when he's practically asking for it, but I don't know...it just seems so out of hand, like it's literally everyone vs. Rico. And that whole Amber thing? It just really feels like there's always that one person that a million people rally against to gtfo, and that kind of....bullying, I would say, shouldn't be so intense and constant.

*BANANATUNG*
post Oct 30 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #21

Well said Kaycee. Couldn't be any more true. The whole bullying of Suz was imo unnecessary. There were other ways to get her to step down. But what's done is done. And then the whole bullying of Sandra is also stupid.

arcanum
post Oct 30 2007, 08:50 PM
Post #22

:)

Member No: 34,459

'Bullying' of Suzzette? Are you talking about what happened before she went crazy? I would hardly call that bullying. And no, I don't think there were other ways to get her to step down.
The community needed to know what was going on, and what happened happened, its in the past.

I also don't think people voicing their opinions is really 'bullying'. Though, I suppose they could take it a bit easier on Sandra. But w/e.
[You're still cool in my book, Tung]

Steven, Trish, Elba, Spenc... they are always going to be the way they are. The way they act is very consistent, which is what I love about all of them.
If you don't like it, well... get over it. Cause they aren't going to change for you or anyone else.
(Thats probably the most I've typed on cB in awhile haha)

edit:
I still think the community is better than it used to be. but w/e.

monster
post Oct 30 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #23

Group: Banned
Member No: 11,810

QUOTE(HakunaMatata @ Oct 30 2007, 09:39 PM) *
I really thought the tear-down would be a really nice clean-slate sorta deal. And it was, but like Mona said - it's just back to the way it was again. I'm not, in any way, saying that inside jokes are terrible and are ruining cB, but take a look at the Lounge - it's just full of it, and only a very select number of people who take part. The sense of overall community, I think, is going way, way down.

And I know, know, know how many people just absolutely hate Rico. And I know that there are times when he's practically asking for it, but I don't know...it just seems so out of hand, like it's literally everyone vs. Rico. And that whole Amber thing? It just really feels like there's always that one person that a million people rally against to gtfo, and that kind of....bullying, I would say, shouldn't be so intense and constant.

Seriously, if you want something where everyone loves everyone, go to a Christian forum.

and yes, alovesopure, you're right. CB is way better than it used to be.

1angel3
post Oct 30 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #24

Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa

Member No: 427,774

QUOTE(davinci @ Oct 30 2007, 05:51 PM) *
The Lounge has just become a dump for drama.

I agree.

pandora
post Oct 30 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #25

i did your boyfriend

Member No: 4,071

so i guess.. we should just stop joking around. cuz i guess mona assumes that all newcomers dont have a sense of humor. i'm not trying to be a bitch in this particular thread, but seriously, mona. we're joking around. who the hell would think a thread full of "ELBA SHUT UP ELBA SHUT UP" is serious? no one argues like that, unless they're in 2nd grade. lighten up. kara is right, we're not going to change just because you're not happy about the way we act.

edit://
and i've been to forums and other types of online communities where people are MUCH more unwelcoming towards newcomers. ESPECIALLY towards pretty girls and dumb noobs because the majority of people on there are ugly geeks who need to validate their existence in cyberland.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: