Reply to this topicStart new topic
Palin resigning
*Janette*
post Jul 3 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #1

WASILLA, Alaska – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin surprised supporters Friday and announced she is resigning from office at the end of the month, leaving open the possibility she would seek a run for the White House in 2012.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090703/ap_on_...palin_resigning

emberfly
post Jul 3 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #2

kthxbai

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 621,203

I wish she'd just go join SNL as a permanent cast member. She wouldn't even have to try to be funny. Just a regular interview of hers is funnier than the whole show.

kryogenix
post Jul 3 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #3

Sarcastic Mr. Know-It-All

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 29

I dread her running in 2012, but I lol @ how at how a lot of the people who make fun of her are just as politically inept, if not more.

hypnotique
post Jul 4 2009, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 478,024

Good riddance.

Take care of your f*cking kids.

Simba
post Jul 4 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #5

Photoartist

Member No: 399,390

took a pic w/ a dead moose but michael vick was the one who went to jail

cause he's black

*Janette*
post Jul 4 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #6

^seriously
QUOTE(hypnotique @ Jul 3 2009, 10:41 PM) *
Good riddance.

Take care of your f*cking kids.

laugh.gif

Teesa
post Jul 4 2009, 12:24 PM
Post #7

crushed.

Member No: 20,026

say it ain't so joe! i'll betcha she'll be back darn right.

anyways, i know paul begala can be over the top, but i love what he has to say.

*Janette*
post Jul 6 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Teesa @ Jul 4 2009, 10:24 AM) *
say it ain't so joe! i'll betcha she'll be back darn right.

anyways, i know paul begala can be over the top, but i love what he has to say.

rofl1.gif

seriously that was amazing. especially :

Let's stipulate that if there is some heretofore unknown personal, medical or family crisis, this was the right move. But Gov. Palin didn't say anything like that. Her statement was incoherent, bizarre and juvenile. The text, as posted on Gov. Palin's official website (here), uses 2,549 words and 18 exclamation points. Lincoln freed the slaves with 719 words and nary an exclamation; Mr. Jefferson declared our independence in 1,322 words and, again, no exclamation points. Nixon resigned the presidency in 1,796 words -- still no exclamation points. Gov. Palin capitalized words at random - whole words, like "TO," "HELP," and "AND," and the first letter of "Troops."

Gov. Palin's official announcement that she is resigning as chief executive of the great state of Alaska had all the depth and gravitas of a 13-year-old's review of the Jonas Brothers' album on Facebook.

datass
post Jul 6 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #9

(′ ・ω・`)

Member No: 72,477

that's a good thing. now she can be a 24/7 hockey mom thumbsup.gif

sixfive
post Jul 6 2009, 10:05 AM
Post #10

Member No: 653,768

cool story bros i hate palin because its cool story bros

Uronacid
post Jul 6 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #11

Group: Official Member
Member No: 555,438

Honestly, the majority of the shit Palin gets hammered for is derived from Attacks on her family and simple mistakes she'd made throughout the campaign. The kind of bull shit she endured throughout the 2008 campaign was unparalleled by any other woman in the public eye. I can't blame her for stepping down after all the attacks that had been made on her family, and I salute her for running for vice president. Every time I ask someone why Sarah Palin is stupid they say something in regards to NAFTA, Katie Couric or that they just think she's stupid.

Paul Begala makes no sense when he references Hunter S. Thomson (a famous writer who killed himself by blowing his own face off in 2005) in the very beginning of that article. Hunter S. Thomson was awesome because he was unpredictable and totally insane. Paul is an idiot for even attempting to fathom the mind of Hunter S Thomson. The only person in history who's even gotten remotely close to understanding Thomson was Johnny Depp.

Teesa
post Jul 6 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #12

crushed.

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Jul 6 2009, 03:45 PM) *
simple mistakes she'd made throughout the campaign.

i don't think some of her mistakes were simple.
The kind of bull shit she endured throughout the 2008 campaign was unparalleled by any other woman in the public eye.

true, but she was just the second female vice presidential candidate...the first one being geraldine ferraro, so obviously everyone wanted to know about palin because no one really did.

Every time I ask someone why Sarah Palin is stupid they say something in regards to NAFTA, Katie Couric or that they just think she's stupid.

i think it really started with the charles gibson interview, but honestly the katie couric interview was just pathetic. a few of the questions that couric asked were so simple, like what magazines do you read?

lol yeah, that's why i said paul begala can be out there. but
because he was unpredictable and totally insane.
aside from the totally insane part, i found/find her unpredictable.

Mikeplyts
post Jul 11 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #13

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Member No: 676,291

celebration time?

illriginal
post Jul 11 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #14

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

Can anyone one of you even come up with a good reason as to why she deserves to step down?

Mikeplyts
post Jul 11 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #15

She's a fat cow. ^_^

Teesa
post Jul 11 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #16

crushed.

QUOTE(illriginal @ Jul 11 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Can anyone one of you even come up with a good reason as to why she deserves to step down?

but that's the thing, she shouldn't have stepped down before her term was up. doesn't make a lot of sense unless she's planning on running in 2012 or she ran out of money or something.

brooklyneast05
post Jul 11 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #17

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

i still don't get why she stepped down. i don't get when she says she stepped down rather than accept the "lame duck status and sit around and do nothing while claiming the paycheck". does that just mean that sitting around doing nothing and collecting a paycheck is all she intended on doing? i don't get why stepping down was the only way to prevent her from doing nothing. why not just...do something instead? i don't understand. it just reads to me like her saying that was what she was planning on doing but she's decided to not do that. which is a weird thing to say to me.

her running for president would be completely ridiculous. i can't fathom a republican party that would be THAT stupid to think they could win with her. it won't happen because i don't think those in the middle will ever really vote for someone like palin. the GOP has been going on for months about rebuilding and blah blah blah, plain would be an awful "new face" of the republican party. get a respectable one who doesn't come across as a nutcase. that's what they need to do, just keep the nutty sounding ones out and they will be better off.

i agree that a lot of palin's unfair treatment is becasue she is a woman. but if you think she wouldn't have gotten ridiculed for the stupid answers she gave if she were a man then you're kidding yourself. she would have gotten a ton of shit regardless, just probably less of this personal nonsense.

Mikeplyts
post Jul 11 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #18

seasonal0.gif gots the brains.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: