Reply to this topicStart new topic
Half-Blood Prince Discussion, Spoilers
jordanriane
post Jul 17 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #1

when we speak, we breathe

Group: Member
Member No: 91,760

Since Anna mentioned a new topic for discussion of the book, I figured I'd just create the new topic, that way people can talk about the book here, instead of in the other thread, that people can use who haven't finished/read the book yet.

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 4:32 AM)
and i also know who  RAB is.

Regulus Black, the brother of sirius black, who was murdered by the dark lord ages ago.

How were you able to figure that it was him?

The only real problem I had with this book, was the first chapter, with the Minister. I don't really see that it was too relevent, other then telling us that the muggle world saw these deaths are regular murders (aside from trying to figure out how someone died when they were alone and locked up) and whatnot.. But it was just really irrelevent, and ticked me off that it had really little meaning with the rest of the book.

Maybe it'll tie in for book 7, hopefully.

miss barnes
post Jul 17 2005, 02:54 PM
Post #2

RiKACHANtEL

Member No: 51,230

i know who dies......i went to like the second to last page and saw it...how sad

acidophilus
post Jul 17 2005, 02:57 PM
Post #3

Junkie's Running Dry

Member No: 34,797

MAJOR SPOILERS

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE AND IS THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE.

That is all. :)

lKVNiiKINKYl
post Jul 17 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #4

CHYEAAHHH MAN

Member No: 168,013

Argh I hate spoilers...even if there is a warning I ALWAYS look.

*stephinika*
post Jul 17 2005, 03:53 PM
Post #5

hm, yeah jordan i was thinking that about the first chapter too, but i noticed a lot of stuff from the previous books were all starting to tye in together, so i'm thinking thats what'll happen with that in possibly the next book? ermm.gif

*Azarel*
post Jul 17 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #6

laugh.gif Discussion is misspelled. wink.gif

*stephinika*
post Jul 17 2005, 03:58 PM
Post #7

^^
fixed. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

jordanriane
post Jul 17 2005, 04:01 PM
Post #8

"SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE AND IS THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE."

That was rather obvious.
This isn't the "hey, let's state the obvious" thread, it's a discussion thread.

So, does anyone have any insight on what the least horcrux may be?

So far the ones we know of:

1. Riddle's Journal
2. the Ring
3. the Cups
4. the Locket
5. Nagini
6. _____________
7. Voldemort

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 05:29 PM
Post #9

dripping destruction

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 21,929

the 6th horcrux is harry himself, unintentionally done but the dark lord doesn't care about it anyways.

the dark lord would have thought it funny... track down the kid who was meant to kill him, and make it so that the kid would protect him.

very sly of him.

plus, all death eaters aren't allowed to kill harry, you know. it's not just because the dark lord wants to do it himself.

` the locket has been destroyed by Regulus Black

regulus was the "idiot brother" who join the dark lord , but changed his mind. and voldemort killed him, remmeber? now remember what was in the locket.

anyways: harry will duel the dark lord in the last chapter. He will kill the dark lord , but in doing so kill himself (even if i'm wrong about harry being the 6th horcrux)

silver-rain
post Jul 17 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #10

hi. call me linda.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 3,475

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 6:29 PM)
the 6th horcrux  is harry himself, unintentionally done but the dark lord doesn't care about it anyways.

the dark lord would have thought it funny... track down the kid who was meant to kill him, and make it so that the kid would protect him.

very sly of him.

plus, all death eaters aren't allowed to kill harry, you know.  it's not just because the dark lord wants to do it himself.

regulus was the "idiot brother" who join the dark lord , but changed his mind.  and voldemort killed him, remmeber? now remember what was in the locket. 

anyways:  harry will duel the dark lord in the last chapter.  He will kill the dark lord , but in doing so kill himself (even if i'm wrong about harry being the 6th horcrux)

You know, that is an interesting theory. And in some way, it can work like that; it could also explain how Harry survived (other than because of love).
It was sad when Dumbledore died and the description of the funeral was well written. It was interesting to see Voldemort's childhood and life through the memories.
With Dumbledore gone, Hogwarts won't be the safest place anymore so I am curious as to what'll happen.
Now I'm excited for the last book.

jordanriane
post Jul 17 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 6:29 PM)
the 6th horcrux  is harry himself, unintentionally done but the dark lord doesn't care about it anyways.

very sly of him.

plus, all death eaters aren't allowed to kill harry, you know.  it's not just because the dark lord wants to do it himself.

regulus was the "idiot brother" who join the dark lord , but changed his mind.  and voldemort killed him, remmeber? now remember what was in the locket. 

anyways:  harry will duel the dark lord in the last chapter.  He will kill the dark lord , but in doing so kill himself (even if i'm wrong about harry being the 6th horcrux)

If Harry was in fact a Horcrux, Voldemort would not be trying to kill him.
It's a good guess, but Harry is most definitely NOT a horcrux. Voldemort's intentions of killing Harry were because of the prophecy of him being the one to overthrow him, and most likely not to make him a horcrux. Even so, upon cursing Harry, he turned into a vapor and wouldn't have had time to make a horcrux, or well, psh who knows how to even make a horcrux and how long it would take..

The locket is most likely NOT destroyed yet. It's been said the the locket the Sirius found while cleaning out the house, may quite possibly by the locket that has the horcrux. It's a Black house, so RAB might have hidden the locket inside, which could explain why it wasn't able to be opened. If that lockest is in fact the horcrux, it's safe to say it has not been destroyed, and is now being hidden by Kreacher.

Regulus was not killed by Voldement directly, as Sirius said that RAB wouldn't have been worthy of this, and was probably killed by sone of Voldemort's minions.

Also, what makes you think Harry will die while killing Voldemort?
Just curious.

pshaa.shauna
post Jul 17 2005, 06:00 PM
Post #12

It eats you, starting with your bottom.

Member No: 160,674

My friend Shirin had an idea on what the last horcrux may be. She said that it could be Harry himself. Proof being that his scar does let him know what Lord Voldemort is thinking, and the fact that in the first book, Albus Dumbledore stated that Voldemort left apart of himself in harry. The only trouble I see is that Harry has his own soul...so how could part of Voldemort's soul and Harry's soul live in the same body? I see it could be possible...Voldemort in Quill in the SS.

//edit//

should've read through all of the posts first sorry...

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 06:07 PM
Post #13

dripping destruction

^

jk rowling has written the last chapter already, and it's a reasonable thing to do, considering:

1. all heros die. if harry didn't die, then his life would have no purpose after killing the dark lord. rowling saw this, and saw she what she had to do.

2. it's a really sad chapter to write. <- what she said

3. the whole series, it's all building up to a battle with harry against the dark lord. so we know that it's going to happen, and that afterwards there's not real point to the book anymore, so it can't very well happen in teh begining of the 7th book. so it happens in the end.

4. harry is a tragic hero. tragic heros die in the end.

ergo:

the last chapter of the last book is either:

the final scene of the duel with the dark lord, where harry dies, or it is harry's funeral, after he dies killing the dark lord.

mayhaps the locket was not already destroyed, but i have a feeling it is. it's too easy to just waltz into the black manor and have a scavenger hunt... no, if it's not destroyed, it'd have to be challenging to get. regulus black won't have made it impossible to get too, like the dark lord. so it's probably destoryed, or the dark lord has it.

anyways: how can harry not be the 6th horcrux? the dark lord doesn't seem to want to kill harry. he wants to play with him. notice, in the 4th book, when he duels with the dark lord, the dark lord does not try in earnest to destory harry.

well, like dumbledore, i can be wrong. i was right about dumbledore dying, but wrong about hagrid being the halfblood prince (his mother could have been a queen of the giants...)

anyhow, we shall see. in due time, we shall see.

jordanriane
post Jul 17 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 7:07 PM)
2. it's a really sad chapter to write. <- what she said

As far as actually believing what she says about any book, is honestly rubbish. She mentioned some facts of what to expect in book six, few of them were revealed, which leads me to not believe anything about future books, unless it can be proved from a previous book and to just wait it out.

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 7:07 PM)
anyways:  how can harry not be the 6th horcrux?  the dark lord doesn't seem to want to kill harry.  he wants to play with him.  notice, in the 4th book, when he duels with the dark lord, the dark lord does not try in earnest to destory harry.

It's a possiblity, but from the other [horcrux] items, it seems to be things that mean most to him. I don't remember the page, but Dumbledore was describing what horcruxes Voldemort would/has used, and why.

I highly doubt Harry meant anything to him aside from his fall from evil and his death (from the prophecy). His intention was to KILL Harry, not to make him a horcrux. He's "the boy that lived." His scar is a result of the failed curse that was meant to KILL him, not make him a horcrux.

Voldemort's whole motive/intent for killing James, Lilly and well, Harry were because of the prophecy. Not to make a horcrux. By the time Harry was already, it might even be possible he had already MADE his horcruxes.

He did make his first one while still on Hogwarts (the journal.)

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 06:32 PM
Post #15

dripping destruction

QUOTE(jordanriane @ Jul 17 2005, 6:23 PM)
As far as actually believing what she says about any book, is honestly rubbish. She mentioned some facts of what to expect in book six, few of them were revealed, which leads me to not believe anything about future books, unless it can be proved from a previous book and to just wait it out.
It's a possiblity, but from the other [horcrux] items, it seems to be things that mean most to him. I don't remember the page, but Dumbledore was describing what horcruxes Voldemort would/has used, and why.

I highly doubt Harry meant anything to him aside from his fall from evil and his death (from the prophecy). His intention was to KILL Harry, not to make him a horcrux. He's "the boy that lived." His scar is a result of the failed curse that was meant to KILL him, not make him a horcrux.

Voldemort's whole motive/intent for killing James, Lilly and well, Harry were because of the prophecy. Not to make a horcrux. By the time Harry was already, it might even be possible he had already MADE his horcruxes.

He did make his first one while still on Hogwarts (the journal.)

it was unintentional. remember, the dark lord had just killed two powerful wizards when he failed to kill harry.

anyways: dumbledore believed that the dark lord was missing one horcrux when he went to kill harry, because he wanted to use a special murder.

mocassinsx29
post Jul 17 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #16

mood: content

Member No: 42,325

I think the first chapter was to fill the story in to anyone who didn't read Books 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Woah, Harry a Horcrux? There's a thought, but... nu. O_O I kinda felt like Dumbledore was gonna die because 1. In 5th book, Harry got close to Sirius, he died, so Harry was getting Dumbledore... 2. In every book, Rowling shows that Harry must take the last journey on his own. Book 7 will be the last journey, so he must take it on his own. 3. Like stated in the book, Dumbledore was one of his protectors [others being his parents and Sirius], and once again, he must take the last journey alone. I can't believe that Horcrux was a fake. I cried. :(

maia_dc
post Jul 17 2005, 07:55 PM
Post #17

it's our chemistry

Member No: 21,775

Don't tell.... I actually really liked this book.
SHHHH.

Uh, anyway. I KNEW HARRY AND GINNY WOULD GET TOGETHER. I KNEW IT.

clarissa
post Jul 17 2005, 08:53 PM
Post #18

Member No: 95,137

In the Order of the Phoenix.. there was this locket that they couldn't get open when they were cleaning up in Grimmauld Place but I dont remember exactly.. I should check up on that later. But do you think that it could be the locket that R.A.B. took?

edit: this was already mentioned. should've read the whole thing :P

i think i've read somewhere that JK said that the last chapter was about what happens in the end to the characters that survived.

and on another note, i thought that the remus/tonks thing was pretty weird.. i wasn't expecting it. but it's good to see that remus won't be lonely anymore, i guess.

it's a shame we have to wait around 2 more years for the next book.

hall0w
post Jul 17 2005, 10:15 PM
Post #19

The Noob

Member No: 169,647

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 3:29 PM)
harry will duel the dark lord in the last chapter.  He will kill the dark lord , but in doing so kill himself (even if i'm wrong about harry being the 6th horcrux)

i dont dink thats true... cuz if he die den no more harry potter books cry.gif

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 10:16 PM
Post #20

dripping destruction

QUOTE(Kevinxp @ Jul 17 2005, 10:15 PM)
i dont dink thats true... cuz if he die den no more harry potter books  cry.gif

rowling has stated she does not plan on more books after the 7th.

i'm right you're wrong get over it. tongue.gif

it's the only way to satisfactarily end the series.

dahding
post Jul 17 2005, 10:49 PM
Post #21

whaaaaaaat?

Member No: 16,660

whoever's taken the locket, most likely is a death eater. just an interesting thing to point out, it is addressed, "to the dark lord".

as harry rudely points out to snape in the 5th book, "why do you call voldemort the dark lord, i've only ever heard Death Eaters call him that-"

so that does back up the regulus black theory, although i don't think regulus would have the nerve/brains to do it. maybe it's just some new character.

as for the 6th horcrux, dumbledore and harry thought that it may be a posession of one of the four founding people of hogwarts (e.g. the cup of hufflepuff, necklace of slytherin) i highly doubt that it would be harry, seeing as how voldemort would not want to destroy part of his soul, cause, well, that would suck ass now wouldn't it. and besides, voldemort toys with harry because he finds it amusing to think that anyone could believe to match up to his level of power, especially a young boy. as dumbledore has said, it is one of his flaws to underestimate people based on age. so he just fools around with harry and laughs like a weirdo.

anywho, in the order of the phoenix, the locket wasn't a little golden locket on a necklace that could be worn. it was a heavy locket, and kind of contradicts the idea of a necklace. besides, the locket was barely mentioned, so i don't think it would be the right horcrux. and it wouldn't be that easy.

whatever.

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 10:57 PM
Post #22

dripping destruction

QUOTE(dahding @ Jul 17 2005, 10:49 PM)
whoever's taken the locket, most likely is a death eater. just an interesting thing to point out, it is addressed, "to the dark lord".

as harry rudely points out to snape in the 5th book, "why do you call voldemort the dark lord, i've only ever heard Death Eaters call him that-"

so that does back up the regulus black theory, although i don't think regulus would have the nerve/brains to do it. maybe it's just some new character.

as for the 6th horcrux, dumbledore and harry thought that it may be a posession of one of the four founding people of hogwarts (e.g. the cup of hufflepuff, necklace of slytherin) i highly doubt that it would be harry, seeing as how voldemort would not want to destroy part of his soul, cause, well, that would suck ass now wouldn't it. and besides, voldemort toys with harry because he finds it amusing to think that anyone could believe to match up to his level of power, especially a young boy. as dumbledore has said, it is one of his flaws to underestimate people based on age. so he just fools around with harry and laughs like a weirdo.

anywho, in the order of the phoenix, the locket wasn't a little golden locket on a necklace that could be worn. it was a heavy locket, and kind of contradicts the idea of a necklace. besides, the locket was barely mentioned, so i don't think it would be the right horcrux. and it wouldn't be that easy.

whatever.

well, who said the locket was worn? salazar slytherin, wear a locket?

it is apparent that the dark lord was indeed dupped by regulus black, as the initals and the premonition of death point to

dahding
post Jul 17 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #23

whaaaaaaat?

Member No: 16,660

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Jul 17 2005, 11:57 PM)
well, who said the locket was worn?  salazar slytherin, wear a locket?

it is apparent that the dark lord was indeed dupped by regulus black, as the initals and the premonition of death point to

*shrugs* the daughter was wearing it around her neck on a gold chain.

and i just realized that it was "a heavy gold locket", which supports the "inside the Black house" idea.

its_annah
post Jul 17 2005, 11:06 PM
Post #24

n3wbie

Member No: 150,877

^x2 I agree with everything he just said.
I don't think Harry is the 6th horcrux, either.

sadolakced acid
post Jul 17 2005, 11:08 PM
Post #25

dripping destruction

well, it is a longshot, but the possibility must be considered.

afterall, when the dark lord attacked harry, he left part of himself in harry.

however, the 6th horcrux will undoubtably be unconventional.

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: