Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colored Eye Contacts, Ongoing Trend
MrStrife
post Dec 17 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #1

CheccMate Foo!

Group: Member
Member No: 487,531

Seems lately everyone is looking fake in every way possible nowadays. If it isn't plastic surgery then its dying ones hair. Now its gotten to the point that people aren't satisfied with the color of their eyes and use contacts. In my opinion, girls using it look fake and guys that use it are just.... speechless. Any other opinions?

xx-sam35
post Dec 17 2006, 07:35 PM
Post #2

"the tofu-cow :)"

Member No: 463,352

well i think its cool happy.gif whatever floats their boat laugh.gif

femmefatale4160
post Dec 17 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #3

I've got ADD and magic markers. Oh the thrills I will have.

Member No: 445,743

I think that you're confusing "fake" beauty with enhancing one's looks. If one gets cosmetic surgery to change their looks, then often they will look fake. (Exhibit A: Michael Jackson). But I don't see hair dye and colored contacts as fake. Some people look better that way. And if you get a natural color, it will look perfectly believable.

Personally, I'm happy with my looks. I don't mind my hair color, facial appearance, or eye color, but I wouldn't mind having darker hair and green eyes.

Gigi
post Dec 17 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #4

in a matter of time

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 191,357

It's just a change of one's look. You can't compared dying your hair with getting plastic surgery.

If you're going to get all technical, and say that coloured contacts and dying your hair is "fake", then you might as well say that cutting or styling your hair is fake. Yes, I'm enhancing my look by cutting my hair. I'm fake. Maybe we should all let it grow down to our asses? Yes, that way we can retain our integrity. Mm hm.

marzipan
post Dec 17 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Krista.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 391,319

^ haha

I don't think it's necessarily fake...hm...depends on how you wear it. If an Asian dyes his/her hair blonde, I think that's fake (no offense directed >_<). But then again, it depends on how it looks on the person.

cori-catastrophe
post Dec 17 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #6

hardxcore.

Member No: 479,494

QUOTE(gigiopolis @ Dec 17 2006, 8:43 PM) *
It's just a change of one's look. You can't compared dying your hair with getting plastic surgery.

If you're going to get all technical, and say that coloured contacts and dying your hair is "fake", then you might as well say that cutting or styling your hair is fake. Yes, I'm enhancing my look by cutting my hair. I'm fake. Maybe we should all let it grow down to our asses? Yes, that way we can retain our integrity. Mm hm.

Completley agreed.

datass
post Dec 17 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #7

(′ ・ω・`)

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 72,477

It's pretty scary IMO. This asian girl I know is wearing light blue colored contacts.

Chii
post Dec 17 2006, 09:42 PM
Post #8

dakishimetainoni...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 75,318

I don't like it when people wear colored contacts, it's strange.

Whenever I see people with honey colored contacts, I stare at them for a few moments thinking "what the hell is wrong with your eyes?"

HelplessCry
post Dec 18 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #9

unrequited love

Member No: 46,788

Whats wrong with changing your eye colour or dying your hair. Maybe we want to be different then everyone else to the extent. I personally think this is a better alternative than actually getting surgery.

I had green coloured contacts before because i wanted to know what i would look like, and actually i find it pretty DAMN cool! not everyone looks fake or ugly with them
its anyone opinion really but if it somehow makes you feel better about yourself then go ahead.

angelrevelation
post Dec 18 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #10

You can't keep running from what you're trying to find.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 54,096

I think they look kind of cool... But if it's a strange eye color for that person's ethnicity I'd kind of stare at them oddly for a moment though.

It doesn't necessarily mean they aren't happy with their eye color, but that they think it's cool to be able to change it. just like how people dye their hair crazy colors.

*My Cinderella.*
post Dec 18 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #11

I'm fine with simple things like that, it's their choice ya know? I enjoy wearing colored contacts as well.

*x1227x*
post Dec 18 2006, 09:12 PM
Post #12

i dont think dying your hair or wearing colored contacts make you fake... i think actually getting plastic surgery is more of being kinda fake. buts that's just how im thinking it.

showstopper!
post Dec 26 2006, 03:04 PM
Post #13

mrs. paul dano.

Member No: 478,992

Girls at my school wear different colored contacts that don't even match their haircolor. It's disgusting.

voguelove
post Dec 26 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #14

i'm maggie =]

Member No: 361,616

i think if an asian or hispanic person gets abnormal colored contacts (blue, green, ect. ect.) then they just look as if theyre trying too hard.

miiichellley
post Dec 26 2006, 05:16 PM
Post #15

my michelle.

Member No: 267,094

I think colored contacts that don't match your style, ethnicity, etc. look really disgusting. I wear perscription contacts and well, they bother sometimes. how can people stand wearing them just for showing off...

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: