Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jesus... gay??
latinprep12
post Sep 10 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #1

M.a. x.

Group: Member
Member No: 148,641

Well was he? There appears to be nothing in the bible to suggest otherwise. I ask this as a serious question as it would throw so much light on current issues and debates about homosexuality.

This is in no way intended to offended Christians...it is a serious search for some truth. There is certainly nothing I can see in the bible that indicates that he was Heterosexual and homosexuality was widely practised at the time. It also interest me that of the twelve chosen to be his disciples they were all men.

Maybe someone can put me right on some biblical knowledge. But I cannot find a single passage where he sees women as 'desireable' and yet he is always on the lookout for men 'A fisher of men'.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. wink.gif and yes this is a serious topic

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 10:24 AM
Post #2

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

Have you read The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown?

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday/davinci/

read that. See if that makes any sense.

.....I have a feeling this may turn into a discussion about that book...

latinprep12
post Sep 10 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #3

M.a. x.

^ I seen the book before in the stores and never thought any of it, but im gonna buy it to read it

*mipadi*
post Sep 10 2005, 10:35 AM
Post #4

Jesus may have had something going on with Mary Magdalene; at any rate, I doubtful He was a homosexual. I've never seen anything to suggest that that is the case.

Of course, Jesus' sexuality does not play a major part of anything in the Bible, which would help explain why it is not mentioned.

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #5

Read It.

I'll give you the sparks notes.

There is this secret soceity who claims that Jesus and Mary Magdelane [i have no clue how to spell it] were "romantic". And they had a child...

there's like tons more to it..

Just read the book.

The book is quite controversial as well...but bah what isn't

Ok, wait, why would Jesus be gay when he condems Homoesexuality in the bible?

*mipadi*
post Sep 10 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(sprinkle-the-stars @ Sep 10 2005, 11:36 AM)
Ok, wait, why would Jesus be gay when he condems Homoesexuality in the bible?

Does He condemn homosexuality in the Bible?

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 10:43 AM
Post #7

Hold on...i'll look it up

QUOTE(http://www.bridges-across.org/ba/wink.htm)
Putting these texts to the side, we are left with three references, all of which unequivocally condemn homosexuality. Leviticus 18:22 states the principle: "You [masculine] shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." The second (Lev. 20:13) adds the penalty: "If a man lies with a male as a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them." 
Such an act was considered as an "abomination" for several reasons. The Hebrew prescientific understanding was that male semen contained the whole of nascent life. With no knowledge of eggs and ovulation, it was assumed that the woman provided only the incubating space. Hence the spilling of semen for any procreative purpose -- in coitus interruptus (Gen 38:1-11), male homosexual acts or male masturbation -- was considered tantamount to abortion or murder. (Female homosexual acts and masturbation were consequently not so seriously regarded.) One can appreciate how a tribe struggling to populate a country in which its people were outnumbered would value procreation highly, but such values are rendered questionable in a world facing total annihilation through overpopulation. 

Paradox of Life
post Sep 10 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #8

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

Nowhere in the Bible does it state that he is homosexual. Nowhere in the Bible does it state that he is heterosexual. I think it's safe to assume he was heterosexual since it seems homosexuality is condemned... And even so, I don't think it matters. God doesn't partake in relationships. huh.gif

AngryBaby
post Sep 10 2005, 01:55 PM
Post #9

L!ckitySplit

Member No: 129,329

i agree^ wow some uber religous people like my aunt would have a heart attack if they saw this haha. but didnt he have something goin' on with mary magdeline?

Paradox of Life
post Sep 10 2005, 02:17 PM
Post #10

^ Ooh. Jesus has a crush. -sings and dances around- Wait? Where is this happening? Why is there relgious gossip? I'm confused!! [/stupidity]

AngryBaby
post Sep 10 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #11

L!ckitySplit

Jesus and mary sittin' in a tree,

oh my, that was probably the most blasphemous thing i ever said haha. [sorry jesus] curse you family guy!

SillyCourtney
post Sep 10 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #12

Queen of Random Information

Member No: 157,057

QUOTE(mipadi @ Sep 10 2005, 10:39 AM)
Does He condemn homosexuality in the Bible?

Jesus didn't, but God did in Leviticus.

And the secret society mentioned in The Da Vinci Code is the Priory of Sion.

ParanoidAndroid
post Sep 10 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #13

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Member No: 85,066

I don't think Jesus is gay. In the Davinci code, it said something about him having something going on with Mary Magdalene but I don't believe any of the facts that Jesus is gay or had any affair with Mary Magdalene. Even if Jesus is gay, it doesn't really matter to me. But I believe when I read te bible, the reasons were elaborated on why Jesus let the 12 disciples be his disciples. At first they followed him and then Jesus questioned them of their faith and when they passed he renamed them. I don't think the reason to why he has 12 disciples that consist of men has anything to do with Jesus being gay.

Paradox of Life
post Sep 10 2005, 02:41 PM
Post #14

The Da Vinci Code is fake. It's a fiction novel. Have any of you read Cracking The Da Vinci Code? Don't take a fiction novel seriously. The 'facts' and 'subliminal messages' presented in it are mostly lies to make the book seem more interesting.

AngryBaby
post Sep 10 2005, 02:42 PM
Post #15

L!ckitySplit

but they did somethingon the discovery channel about it and the holy grale type thingy.

latinprep12
post Sep 10 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #16

M.a. x.

^x2 Thats why I <3 her. shes so smart and can probably be in college right now. well i wanna know more or who to believe and what book should i read? mellow.gif

Shahin
post Sep 10 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #17

Member No: 135,526

QUOTE(latinprep12 @ Sep 10 2005, 11:43 AM)
^x2 Thats why I <3 her. shes so smart and can probably be in college right now. well i wanna know more or who to believe and what book should i read?  mellow.gif

Read the Da Vinci Code, simply because It's an amazingly good book. Then read Cracking the Da Vinci Code. It all suddenly makes sense. And no, Jesus was not a homosexual. Damn.

Comptine
post Sep 10 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #18

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

^ well the uproar might equal to what happened when historians concluded that there was no way for jesus to be white.they concluded (a majority) that jesus had to be either arab/mix of the different people around the area but definitely not white.

the disciples were all men because at that time, women were not allowed to have any type of significant role. jesus wouldn't be gay. most likely, celibate (sp?) or something.

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(AkaRyux @ Sep 10 2005, 2:41 PM)
The Da Vinci Code is fake. It's a fiction novel. Have any of you read Cracking The Da Vinci Code? Don't take a fiction novel seriously. The 'facts' and 'subliminal messages' presented in it are mostly lies to make the book seem more interesting.

Alright. Maybe I should have said this before. I KNOW IT IS FAKE. IT IS A LOAD OF PROPAGANDA.

I've read Pastor's "rebuittles" to the books, and their's make more sense, for what i believe and my own curiousity.

I was merely using that as an example that some people think he was more than just Jesus... Other people think he is other things...

Catch my drift?

What I would like to know, and this is directed more towards Max, but, what made you wonder this exactly? I mean..it just seemed so random.

Paradox of Life
post Sep 10 2005, 06:42 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(latinprep12 @ Sep 10 2005, 1:43 PM)
^x2 Thats why I <3 her. shes so smart and can probably be in college right now. well i wanna know more or who to believe and what book should i read?  mellow.gif

Lol .. Erm, should this topic be closed? It doesn't really seem to be a debate since everyone's on the same side pretty much.

Oh and btw, I did my cousin's algebra homework correctly and he's a Junior (11th) in advanced classes. mellow.gif

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #21

Algebra is fun. It's a hella lot easier than Gemoetry.

...and you're 12?!

oh. my. god.

You should come here. You could skip grades. My friend is taking pre-cal and she's like 15?

Max: What exactly made you wonder this?

I wanna know before this gets closed...which may be soon. mellow.gif

latinprep12
post Sep 10 2005, 06:51 PM
Post #22

M.a. x.

umm its called boredom and well i was just wondering and today's a sunday so i read some parts from the bible, and i <3 the debate forum, it shows who knows what and who doesnt and im really impress, by katt and you and that mipadi guy. you guys are smart. katt is so perfect and she probably be running for president soon, and i bet her husband will never win a debate in her house. alot of couch sleeping for him if he tries to act smart. haha

technicolour
post Sep 10 2005, 06:53 PM
Post #23

Out of sheer boredom?

Hmph..

Katt. If you run for President. And you are running for the right reasons. You got my vote.

...and I'm really bad at this debate stuff. I can never really write exactly what i'm trying to say. something gets lost between the head and the hands.

Gigi
post Sep 10 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #24

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

Okay, now you all are just bordering on spam. Let's keep the topic about how Jesus is gay/not gay. Thank you.

Paradox of Life
post Sep 10 2005, 07:11 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(sprinkle-the-stars @ Sep 10 2005, 5:53 PM)
Katt. If you run for President. And you are running for the right reasons. You got my vote.

Thanks. I'll use my power of manipulation to get people to send cookies to you daily.

Okay, so this won't be spam, I'll take the side of homosexual to keep it runnin'.

Imagine if the people who wrote the Bible really did include subliminal messages. I don't mean to say anything disrespectful, but maybe they intended to hide something in there that could be later discovered if people read close enough and read carefully enough. I mean the Bible has A LOT and if you can interpret certain things correctly it could lead you in a different direction. Maybe the fact that homosexuality seems to be condemned could be like a diversion to drive away from the reason that Jesus may have been homosexual. It's not mainstream and I suppose it could've been a coverup. No one knows exactly what happened and there are no definite facts, so there's an equal chance to him being homosexual as he could be hetereosexual.

Homosexuality exists. Why is it so unlikely that Jesus was homosexual? There is no definite fact that he ever had a relationship. Homosexuality is a variation of the mind and should never be condemned if God wanted to treat everyone equally.

Again, I'm not Christian, so sorry if my facts are unclear.

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: