Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is homosexuality determined at birth, or is it a choice?
demolished
post Sep 4 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #26

Group:
Member No: 8,001

^
who cares. we'll use nano tech to use a homo sperms and female eggs.

kiddin.

you do make a point about future humanity.

kimmytree
post Sep 4 2007, 03:24 PM
Post #27

Kimberly

Group: Member
Member No: 121,599

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 4 2007, 01:07 PM) *
As a homosexual, you're obviously not reproducing. It doesn't make any sense. Think about it, an entire tier of humanity that doesn't reproduce is increasing in size? Get f**king real, that goes against the laws of nature. This lifestyle would have disappeared ages ago if homosexuality was determined at birth.

But how is that any different from being born with any other defect? The number of homosexuals is increasing, just like our total population is. I really dont get your point.

*Sandraaa*
post Sep 5 2007, 07:36 AM
Post #28

^ I didn't get that either. blink.gif Josh, please elaborate.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 5 2007, 08:18 AM
Post #29

Ok, just think, for thousands of years people have had this "gene". These people with the gay gene inside them would slowly disappear. Less of their kids would have kids, less of their kids would have kids, and so on and do forth. Eventually the gene would become so watered down that it would only pop up in some rare cases or cease to exist, because GENES HAVE TO BE PASSED ON.

If this gay gene causes you to be attracted to people of the same sex, you're obviously going to be far less likely to reproduce. Gay people can't have biological kids with each other and tis' emotionally upsetting to see your partner make love to someone else, that's why they adopt. If Gay people aren't passing their genes on, eventually that gay gene will simply become a rare case or cease to exist because it can't be passed on due to the fact that you can't preform gay sex to have children.

This gay thing is far to rampant to be considered a birth defect or a gene. It's growing. More and more people are accepting homosexuality every single day. Society is becoming more accepting of the homosexual lifestyle, and the homosexual population is growing... see the connection. It's the setting you grow up in, the people who raise you, the children in school, the teachers you have, the media, etc... whatever it is, the more accepting society becomes of homosexuality, the more homosexuals are popping up and out of the wood work.

It's like the world is smacking you people in the face with a big giant sign that says:

YOU FCKING IDIOTS, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN THAT WHEN SOCIETY ACCEPTS A CERTAIN TYPE OF BEHAVIOR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MIMIC THAT BEHAVIOR! PEOPLE WANT TO BE ACCEPTED!

And you aren't reading it...

*Steven*
post Sep 5 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #30

^That and the whole thing where until recently people hated gays, and in many times and places, gays were treated like shit, and even killed. That would kinda kill the chances of a gay gene spreading too.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 5 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Steven @ Sep 5 2007, 10:04 AM) *
^That and the whole thing where until recently people hated gays, and in many times and places, gays were treated like shit, and even killed. That would kinda kill the chances of a gay gene spreading too.

OMG FOR REAL!

kimmytree
post Sep 5 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #32

Kimberly

Member No: 121,599

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 5 2007, 09:18 AM) *
Ok, just think, for thousands of years people have had this "gene". These people with the gay gene inside them would slowly disappear. Less of their kids would have kids, less of their kids would have kids, and so on and do forth. Eventually the gene would become so watered down that it would only pop up in some rare cases or cease to exist, because GENES HAVE TO BE PASSED ON.

If this gay gene causes you to be attracted to people of the same sex, you're obviously going to be far less likely to reproduce. Gay people can't have biological kids with each other and tis' emotionally upsetting to see your partner make love to someone else, that's why they adopt. If Gay people aren't passing their genes on, eventually that gay gene will simply become a rare case or cease to exist because it can't be passed on due to the fact that you can't preform gay sex to have children.

This gay thing is far to rampant to be considered a birth defect or a gene. It's growing. More and more people are accepting homosexuality every single day. Society is becoming more accepting of the homosexual lifestyle, and the homosexual population is growing... see the connection. It's the setting you grow up in, the people who raise you, the children in school, the teachers you have, the media, etc... whatever it is, the more accepting society becomes of homosexuality, the more homosexuals are popping up and out of the wood work.

It's like the world is smacking you people in the face with a big giant sign that says:

YOU FCKING IDIOTS, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN THAT WHEN SOCIETY ACCEPTS A CERTAIN TYPE OF BEHAVIOR PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MIMIC THAT BEHAVIOR! PEOPLE WANT TO BE ACCEPTED!

Omfg, are you retarded? XD.gif
Who says its a gene that's passed on? I think its more of a mutation, or something that goes wrong. It's no different than being mentally retarded, or having any other kind of mental problem. And who says the percentage of gays in the population is rising? They're just more accepted now. 50 years ago alot of people would hide their homosexuality, and get married. They'd *try* to live straight, just because being gay wasnt acceptable.

*Steven*
post Sep 5 2007, 07:40 PM
Post #33

So gays are mutants and have a problem? Not just a different preference? Nurture > Nature sometimes.

*Michelle*
post Sep 5 2007, 07:44 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 5 2007, 08:18 AM) *

Oh, you mean kind of like on cB, how being a troll is super cool and admirable?

I completely understand, then.

Dreamers
post Sep 5 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #35

Lose yourself and fly away, hide away for the day

Member No: 446,527

I agree with one person on a point they said "Enviorment might influence it too."

My parents think gays should be shot n everything, yet I, after being around a bunch of bi's, gays, and 'bi-curious' people, have leaned AWAY from the fact homosexuality is wrong, and have come to accept it. Now, whether I'M bi is yet to be decided, but each day it's getting more and more etched into my mind that being bi, gay, lesbian, etc. is fine.

Sure, we need straight people or we'll die out, but love comes in all shapes and forms and so do people. Environment, teachings, PERHAPS genes, personal choice... It's a mixture of things IMO.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 6 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(Michelle @ Sep 5 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Oh, you mean kind of like on cB, how being a troll is super cool and admirable?

I completely understand, then.

Michelle, I'm going to have to ask you to stick to the subject. Either that you're you need to go sit in the time out chair. Maybe put your head down on your desk. Yeah, sit in "time out" and put your head down. If your feedback was constructive then you would have said something to this effect:

Guys, Josh is a Troll. He's only trying to get you started. It's true. Sometimes he will even inflame you by stating falsified information. You see, just sits in his office chair while working from his cubicle and posts things just to get under your skin while he has nothing to do for his own entertainment. You see, the only trouble is that without people like him to provide drama on this site... createblog will become a boring place.

You're comments weren't appreciated. I think you should go hate yourself. I was rejected when I was nice to the community. I guess I just enjoy being mean. ;]

*Podomaht*
post Sep 6 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(kimmytree @ Sep 5 2007, 03:22 PM) *
Omfg, are you retarded? XD.gif
Who says its a gene that's passed on? I think its more of a mutation, or something that goes wrong. It's no different than being mentally retarded, or having any other kind of mental problem. And who says the percentage of gays in the population is rising? They're just more accepted now. 50 years ago alot of people would hide their homosexuality, and get married. They'd *try* to live straight, just because being gay wasnt acceptable.

you're a f**king idiot.

*Michelle*
post Sep 6 2007, 04:17 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 6 2007, 09:08 AM) *
Michelle, I'm going to have to ask you to stick to the subject. Either that you're you need to go sit in the time out chair. Maybe put your head down on your desk. Yeah, sit in "time out" and put your head down. If your feedback was constructive then you would have said something to this effect:

Guys, Josh is a Troll. He's only trying to get you started. It's true. Sometimes he will even inflame you by stating falsified information. You see, just sits in his office chair while working from his cubicle and posts things just to get under your skin while he has nothing to do for his own entertainment. You see, the only trouble is that without people like him to provide drama on this site... createblog will become a boring place.

You're comments weren't appreciated. I think you should go hate yourself. I was rejected when I was nice to the community. I guess I just enjoy being mean. ;]

Oh, boo hoo. People were completely bitches and dicks to me when I first joined cB. Why don't we all cry about the e-abuse we received and slit our wrists D':

The only person that gets under my skin is Steven. :]

[/off topic]

VaeVictis
post Sep 6 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #39

I'm like a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar

Member No: 555,605

I don't believe it's a choice at all.

People can't help who they are attracted to. It's like me (assuming you're straight) coming up to you and telling you to choose to like the same gender.

Oh, sure, I'm sure homosexual people could go out with people of the opposite gender if they wanted to hide their sexuality, but they wouldn't enjoy it, as I said above, it'd be just like a straight person going out with another man or woman.

Also, if homosexuality was a choice, why would people choose it? I have nothing against gays, but if I had a choice whether to be gay or straight, I'd choose being straight, as would most people, I think.

So obviously homosexuality cannot be a choice, because there are so many gay people in our community.

Also, I hear all the time about people who are extremely depressed when they discover they're gay.

Note the key word. Discover. They're not depressed when they CHOOSE to be gay, they're depressed when they discover they ARE gay.

Also, if it is a choice, why would these depressed people choose it? And if they were just curious, why, after realising that homosexuality is not for them, wouldn't they just change back into a heterosexual?

LoveDanceSoul
post Sep 6 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #40

Member No: 570,981

I think it could be both. Some guys that are now gay as well as women, experimented at one point in time and slowly fell into that lifestyle. Some homosexuals, on the otherhand, might be actually wired different when it comes to hormones. There are also some gay men that grew up without a father figure and are looking for love from a man. There are tons of different scenarios. Even though personally i dont agree with the lifestyle, I know not to judge them.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 6 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #41

QUOTE(Michelle @ Sep 6 2007, 05:17 PM) *
Oh, boo hoo. People were completely bitches and dicks to me when I first joined cB. Why don't we all cry about the e-abuse we received and slit our wrists D':

[/off topic]

Haha!! LMAO

*Podomaht*
post Sep 6 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #42

QUOTE(Michelle @ Sep 6 2007, 05:17 PM) *

[/off topic]

So how far have you two gone?

Comptine
post Sep 6 2007, 09:23 PM
Post #43

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 5 2007, 09:18 AM) *

Yes, people watch TV and see that society is becoming more accepting of homosexuality and go, "Maybe, I'll be homosexual now cause it's easy or because it's the newest fad." Homosexuality is still the minority, it's still the outcast of society. People still discriminate against them.

All of us have genes that aren't necessarily ON. For example, we all have genes that help us with communication and human language. In some people, the gene somehow, inexplicably, turn off. So all of us may have a gene that determines sexual preferences and whether it's ON or OFF can change the orientation.

And so what if more people are coming out? Before they had to hide it from prejudical assholes like you. But now, they feel like they can be themselves.

Unless you're getting it up the butt from one of them, stop spewing your homophobic and racist rants.

*Michelle*
post Sep 6 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #44

QUOTE(Podomaht @ Sep 6 2007, 08:56 PM) *
So how far have you two gone?

Podo, that is personal information that, only if Steven AND I both willingly agree to share, I will discuss with you via PM.

Thanks!

DarkImpressions
post Sep 6 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #45

The more things change,The more they stay the same.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 442,600

I would say determined at birth.

NoSex
post Sep 7 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #46

in the reverb chamber.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 5 2007, 08:18 AM) *

Wow, you don't know f**k about genetics.
Moron.

Secondly, your interpretation of data sucks.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 7 2007, 09:04 AM
Post #47

QUOTE(NoSex @ Sep 7 2007, 02:24 AM) *
Wow, you don't know f**k about genetics.
Moron.

Secondly, your interpretation of data sucks.

Wow, stop talking out your ass. You just shot out two statements with nothing to back them up but your integrity (which is quite low at the moment).

Also, why do you like the Blare Witch Project? It only lowers your integrity even more. People will disregard your opinions because they see how much of a slut you are for that heap of trash that morons like to call a movie. Aside from being a movie with horrible lighting, effects, sound, and story line. A couple of meddling kids running through a forest on a cold winters night with a crazy woman that kills people and hangs stick men from trees... LAME.

The Blare Witch Project was a garbage movie that did nothing accept make way for, what very well may be, the worst sequel in history. The only movie placed in theaters that was on par with "Son of the Mask" and "Cat Woman", "The Blare Witch Project 2". I personally enjoyed "The Bare Wench Project" much more than The Blare Witch.

I think you should should fire up your VCR and watch Gladiator until your head explodes. The awe created from the awesomeness of that movie will resonate your tiny skull until it appears to spontaneously combust (It will only appear to spontaneously combust because others won't know that it wasn't spontaneous). This movie is so much better than a grade -Z movie with a plot about as exciting as a frozen jimmy dean.

You would really like that show Ghost Hunters. The plot is very similar, the camera is just as shitty, there are just as many ghosts, but the sound is better and the subjects are plumbers. These hilarious plumbers will dazzle you with catchphrases like, "Dude, Run!", or, "When in doubt, Get out!", as they go from plunging toilets by day to hunting ghosts in state penitentiaries by night. It's like a healthy mix between The Super Mario Brothers, Ghost Busters, and (ugh... sucks) The Blare Witch Project.

Suck a Fuck Nate. ;]

NoSex
post Sep 9 2007, 03:05 AM
Post #48

in the reverb chamber.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 300,308

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Sep 7 2007, 09:04 AM) *
Wow, stop talking out your ass. You just shot out two statements with nothing to back them up but your integrity (which is quite low at the moment).

Also, why do you like the Blare Witch Project? It only lowers your integrity even more. People will disregard your opinions because they see how much of a slut you are for that heap of trash that morons like to call a movie. Aside from being a movie with horrible lighting, effects, sound, and story line. A couple of meddling kids running through a forest on a cold winters night with a crazy woman that kills people and hangs stick men from trees... LAME.

The Blare Witch Project was a garbage movie that did nothing accept make way for, what very well may be, the worst sequel in history. The only movie placed in theaters that was on par with "Son of the Mask" and "Cat Woman", "The Blare Witch Project 2". I personally enjoyed "The Bare Wench Project" much more than The Blare Witch.

I think you should should fire up your VCR and watch Gladiator until your head explodes. The awe created from the awesomeness of that movie will resonate your tiny skull until it appears to spontaneously combust (It will only appear to spontaneously combust because others won't know that it wasn't spontaneous). This movie is so much better than a grade -Z movie with a plot about as exciting as a frozen jimmy dean.

You would really like that show Ghost Hunters. The plot is very similar, the camera is just as shitty, there are just as many ghosts, but the sound is better and the subjects are plumbers. These hilarious plumbers will dazzle you with catchphrases like, "Dude, Run!", or, "When in doubt, Get out!", as they go from plunging toilets by day to hunting ghosts in state penitentiaries by night. It's like a healthy mix between The Super Mario Brothers, Ghost Busters, and (ugh... sucks) The Blare Witch Project.

Suck a Fuck Nate. ;]

You like Gladiator.

*Uronacid*
post Sep 9 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(NoSex @ Sep 9 2007, 04:05 AM) *
You like Gladiator.

And you like the Bare Wench Project.

Kontroll
post Sep 11 2007, 10:23 PM
Post #50

Jake - The Unholy Trinity / Premiscuous Poeteer.

Member No: 411,316

I don't understand why everyone is still talking about this. You're all a bunch of kids. Do you think a topic on cB is going to determine whether f*gs are determined from birth or choice. Are you scientists? No. Not even close.

Leave it up to them. They're working on it. So, just shut your damn mouths and sit back and not worry about it.

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: