Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is homosexuality determined at birth, or is it a choice?
LoveToMySilas
post Feb 14 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #176

That's what she said.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 130,200

I'll post what I wrote from the other thread.

Actually, it IS programmed into some of us. I remember my teacher telling me something about how we all have channels in our brains. Some of us have 2 (straight) while others have 4 (gay). I think if you look it up you can find out more about it, but yeah, you're born with it.

Comptine
post Feb 15 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #177

Sing to Me

Group: Member
Member No: 10,808

QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Feb 14 2008, 10:18 PM) *
Homosexuality is more of a trauma. Molestation... and curiosity... Wish it was a gene, if it was we could potentially kill off the gay gene so the human race could prosper LOL (damn I'm so evil, I make Hitler look like Jesus)

No, you don't make Hitler look like Jesus. You just make yourself look like an ignorant bigot.

And the human race has NO problem whatsoever with prospering.

ieatbugs4fun
post Feb 15 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #178

Member No: 620,892

QUOTE(omgomgKATHY @ Aug 27 2007, 11:19 PM) *
that's...uhh...something. blink.gif

thats stupid. they are the way they are because they want to and they are obviously not bummed out about not enjoying the things the rest of us do as far as sex goes because that was there CHOICE. its not like they picked the short straw and have to be gay and that they suffer from it. how stupid

illriginal
post Feb 15 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #179

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(resplendence @ Feb 15 2008, 03:31 PM) *

No, you don't make Hitler look like Jesus. You just make yourself look like an ignorant bigot.

And the human race has NO problem whatsoever with prospering.

Erm anyways...

According to The Times, researchers at Oregon State University in the city of Corvallis and at the Oregon Health and Science University in Portland were able to "pinpoint the mechanisms influencing the desires of 'male-oriented' rams by studying their brains".

Specifically, they cut open the offending sheeps' skulls, attached electonic sensors to their grey matter and monitored them while "varying the hormone levels, mainly by injecting hormones into the brain". They reported "considerable success" in getting previously gay rams to consider a bit of boy-on-girl.

The purpose behind these experiments is to "improve the productivity of herds" since "approximately one ram in 10 prefers to mount other rams rather than mate with ewes". The implications are far more sinister, opponents claim, since the acquired knowledge could in the future be used to "cure" human homosexuality, or may offer the prospect that "pregnant women could one day be offered a [hormone] treatment to reduce or eliminate the chance that their offspring will be homosexual".

/homosexuality

TimeZonesAway
post Feb 17 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #180

Give me a name

Member No: 560,190

i feel that a person can grow up and as they develop they realize that they are not interested in the opposite sex

but i feel that someone can have an interest in the same gender at a very young age [[as young as they can get until they don't know what genders are]] but i don't think at that time you can consider them a homosexual because usually at such young ages kids don't know exactly what a homosexual is anyway.

but i also feel that a person can be straight or confused or whatever.
and a person can be with people of the opposite gender
but yet still eventually turn out being a homosexual.
it's all about experience and if they actually feel something there or not.

i don't consider homosexuality really a choice, it's more of an instinct.
i can't really imagine a girl waking up and being like "i'm kinda bored, i'm going go like girls now".
i consider that a choice.
i don't think homosexuals do that
i feel it's something they learn to realize and then one day they may be like "wow, i think i'm a homosexual" based on previous experiences.

it's simply a preference and a way of life.

i feel i have said enough.

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: