gentleman? do people still have manners nowadays?
brooklyneast05
post May 14 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #1

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

do you try to be a mannerly young gentleman?

i do. open doors, pull out chairs, stand up when a woman returns to the table provided we are at a nice restaurant and not mcdonalds, etc. unless i'm in a bad mood, then sometimes i just slam the door in my girlfriends face and what not.

Start new topic
Replies
brooklyneast05
post May 16 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #2

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

^yeah you know i'm always surprised how many people just get up and leave the table. my mom would beat my ass if i did that.

i agree about the opening doors thing. i usually open the car door for my girlfriend, but i'm not always going to go out of my way. if she just stood there and waited that would piss me off and i'd just get in lol. i think it's ridiculous to expect it. i'd rather it be a nice gesture by me than something that's expected all the time.

i feel the same about paying, not really with her because we share money anyway so it doesn't matter. but with any other girl, or person in general, i don't mind paying but i don't want it to be automatically assumed that i will without any offer from them.

oh yeah and with friends i feel like if i pay, they should automatically plan on covering any tip. if someone pays for my meal i will always pay the tip, i mean it's the least you can do is throw in a few f*cking dollars.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: