Closed TopicStart new topic
photoshop to another program..?
shakeene
post Aug 8 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 682,007

how would i make somthing produced in photoshop compatible with another program ie. coral draw?

thx

Nickfury
post Aug 8 2009, 06:23 AM
Post #2

Nick

Member No: 740,993

photoshop has alot of "save as" options. what type of files can corel open? does it need to have layers in corel?

technicolour
post Aug 8 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #3

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

As Nick said, it is completely dependent on what files the program is allowed to open. A lot of programs though can accept .psd's as workable files, just some of the editing to them would be incredibly minimal.

However, since corelDraw is a vector program, you'd prolly have more luck in Illustrator with maybe an .eps file type. Not sure on this, though.

innerdemon25
post Aug 21 2009, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Member No: 697,160

However, since corelDraw is a vector program, you'd prolly have more luck in Illustrator with maybe an .eps file type. Not sure on this, though.

As it was stated what I have quoted. Yeah if you do have adobe illustrator you can work back and forth through illustrator and photoshop. It really comes in handy when working on projects that require vector fields and if you dont know much illustrator then you can bounce it into photoshop, I dont think you need to save it actually, if I remember correctly just click the layer in illustrator and drag it to the taskbar where photoshop is and wait for it to pop up and then release it inside of photoshop and it will appear as a vector layer object as if were drawn with the pen tool. But it is better to save the project file and then go back and forth between just so you always have it available again. Which you can open eps files inside of photoshop.

-Brandon Lagenour
-Revolutions Designs

Maccabee
post Aug 22 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #5

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

What is the psd equivelant for corel draw? Im sure you can find a plugin. I once found a photoshop plug in that let me save files as .cur.

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: