Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nurses?, I don't know where this should go ]:
me1issaaaa
post Sep 25 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Official Member
Member No: 18,393

I'm doing my Senior research paper over nursing, and one of my sources must include an interview. Is there anyone online who is a nurse, or just happens to know a lot about the field? Maybe your parent is a nurse or you know someone who is involved with that field?

Some of the questions should include:

What is your typical day like?
What were some of your most memorable experiences?
What do you enjoy most?
Anything inparticular you would like to share?
What do you recommend for someone with aspirations to go into nursing?

I don't know how to get in touch with many people around here, other than going to an actual hospital, but... that's kind of hard to squeeze in my schedule this very moment.

Any help would be so, so gratefully appreciated! flowers.gif

pandamonium
post Sep 25 2006, 03:39 PM
Post #2

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Group: Member
Member No: 37,142

HEY I DID A REPORT LIKE THIS ON MY MOM. shes a RN

but these were her answers, i know a lot of what she does from the stories she tells me but these are from her experiences..

What is your typical day like: She goes around checks on patients and give them their meds sees if they need anything, takes patients to the bathroom, gives them baths.

What were some of your most memorable experiences? When Families actually tried to pay me tips or gave me flowers to thank them for caring for their family member so well.

What do you recommend for someone with aspirations to go into nursing? It is the most stable out there in the US. There are so many programs to help you in nursing and other than that they pay very well.

x_curse_of_the_c...
post Sep 25 2006, 04:02 PM
Post #3

Member No: 444,349

there aren't going to be many nurses on cb since usually they are at work my grandma was a nurse and she was never home!

Trinie
post Sep 25 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #4

Trinie loves you

Member No: 464,831

I used to be a nursing student. so i'll answer some of the questions.

What is your typical day like? as a nursing student, we had to make sure we knew enough information about our patients. we took their vital signs, gave meds, helped them with lunch, even helped them go to therapy if they had to go.

What were some of your most memorable experiences? i had a dying patient one day. she came in the night before and none of her family knew. so my assignment was to take care of her all day. which was really tough because she was really out of it. then the mother came in, was so upset when she found out. she thanked me so many times that i took care of her.

What do you enjoy most? i actually enjoyed working with old people. we had clinicals at a geriatrics hospital and everday, the nursing students got to do an activity day with the elderly. one time we did a disco day, and we played disco music and everyone was dancing.

What do you recommend for someone with aspirations to go into nursing? being a nurse and going to nursing school is a lot of responsibility. you have to put your all into it. a lot of studying and a lot of information to remember. but this is a very good job and you make good money. but it also feels good to be able to help and take care of sick people.

demolished
post Sep 25 2006, 06:12 PM
Post #5

Group:
Member No: 8,001

What i learned from my teacher is that, you get a lot of vacation as a nurse.

pandamonium
post Sep 25 2006, 07:12 PM
Post #6

^ yea and if you save your days you can get paid for like vacations, my moms coworker was able to be off for a month and get paid for every day. which is crazy.

Being a nurse you dont have to work that much, you can probably survive doing 3 days a week and have the rest off. of course depending of much money you want.

Trinie
post Sep 25 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #7

Trinie loves you

my moms friend only worked 3 days a week. for those 3 days she got paid $150 an hour!!!

me1issaaaa
post Sep 25 2006, 07:47 PM
Post #8

Group: Official Member
Member No: 18,393

^ Sweeeeeet [: do you know what she specialized in?

Thanks for the help, everyone!! hug.gif

pandamonium
post Sep 25 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Trinie @ Sep 25 2006, 8:25 PM) *
my moms friend only worked 3 days a week. for those 3 days she got paid $150 an hour!!!

BTICH stop copying what im saying ahah.

Trinie
post Sep 25 2006, 11:34 PM
Post #10

Trinie loves you

shuttup! my moms friend was getting paid that much though! lol

pandamonium
post Sep 26 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(Trinie @ Sep 26 2006, 12:34 AM) *
shuttup! my moms friend was getting paid that much though! lol

I bet she was doing more than nursing ahahahah

Trinie
post Sep 26 2006, 08:05 AM
Post #12

Trinie loves you

i hate you!! lol

i think she specialized in telemitry. i think thats how you spell it. thes pretty much patients with heart problems.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: