Reply to this topicStart new topic
voice problem, HEEELP ! Pleasee help me.
demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Group:
Member No: 8,001

I have a problem with my voice, vocal cord or whatever.

My voice (sounds) started to shrink ever since I was sick and cold. (Last year)
My sickness lasted about 2-4 weeks ? I dont know.

Now, my voice still sounds the same when I was sick.
How come my voice wasn’t cure?
It’s been about a year already.
I’m 14 years old. I don’t think it’s something to do with puberty.

Btw, i use to have a loud voice. I could even change my voice pretty well. This time, i cant do it anymore.

edit
more infomation and details are posted below.

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 12:52 AM
Post #2

It eats you, starting with your bottom.

Group: Member
Member No: 160,674

The only thing I can really think of is...puberty. Or it could just be your voice now. My friend Daniel's has sounded like he has had a frog in his throat since the 6th grade (we're freshmen now)

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 12:57 AM
Post #3

Group:

WE're freshmen too. My voice has a small characteristic of a female. I cant even pronounce a word correctly. I mean, i cant even talk right. It's affecting my communication skills because people cant recognize what I’m saying.

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:01 AM
Post #4

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 10 2005, 11:57 PM)
WE're freshmen too. My voice has a small characteristic of a female. I cant even pronounce a word correctly.I mean, i cant even talk right.

Maybe you'll grow out of it. Or that could just be how your voice is, there are actually plenty of boys I know that have female characteristics in their voice. It's actually not that noticable. Has anyone actually said anything to you?

//edit//

Maybe you should see a docter?

Actually, once in 6th grade I got strep throat really bad, and now i can't pronounce my m's right, like if I say the name Matt, it comes out "Me-att" Like I'm a cat.

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:02 AM
Post #5

Group:

^
Yeah, everyone that know me for more than 2 years notice it. I think my sickness causes the aftereffects of my voice. My voice tones became lower and it sounds HORRIBLE. There's a huge changes before and after i was sick.

Btw, i edit my old post.

edit
My siblings shove the truth to me.
One of my brothers says i cant talk for shit.

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:07 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 10 2005, 11:57 PM)
WE're freshmen too. My voice has a small characteristic of a female. I cant even pronounce a word correctly. I mean, i cant even talk right.  It's affecting my communication skills because people cant recognize what I’m saying.

Oh, well in that case, maybe you should see a doctor. You could also look online , there is this one drink thing, that singers make before they sing so it sounds clearer, it has honey and something else in it too. Idk if that'll help any. If it does, it won't be drastic, see a doctor, maybe the sickness you had messd up your vocal cords. you the way you move your mouth when you speak.

*tweeak*
post Sep 11 2005, 01:08 AM
Post #7

moved to health

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:09 AM
Post #8

Group:

I move my mouth differently when i first got my braces in December. My accent sounds a bit different.

About the honey, are you sure? i think that's for sore throat.

QUOTE(tweeak @ Sep 10 2005, 10:08 PM)
moved to health

Thank you. flowers.gif

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:09 AM)
I move my mouth differently when i first got my braces in December. My accent sounds a bit different.

About the honey, are you sure? i think that's for sore throat.

The way you move your mouth may have something to do with it.
I learned about the honey thing in singing camp. They said it worked, it had someone herbs, and another liquid in it too though. That won't be drastic though.

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:02 AM)
edit
My siblings shove the truth to me.
One of my brothers says i cant talk for shit.

Oh! console.gif If I was there I could kick your siblings @$$! boxing.gif

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:13 AM
Post #10

Group:

haha. He is 22 years old. Sorry. You cant beat him. He's a chubble. (200 something pounds)

--

But still, before i got braces. My voice was already mess up.
Hot beverage is helpful for voice protection. (coffee, hot chocolate, hot water, and etc.) But my voice is already mess up. It's impossible to cure it.

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #11

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:13 AM)
haha. He is 22 years old. Sorry. You cant beat him. He's a cubble. (200 something pounds)

eh, fine. I'd use my wit to insult him.

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:13 AM)
But still, before i got braces. My voice was already mess up.

Maybe whatever you had messed it up. What were you sick with?

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #12

Group:

I was sick with coldness. (alot of boogers, coughing, watery nose, weak voice, and etc.)

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:18 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:16 AM)
I was sick with coldness. (alot of boogers, coughing, watery nose, weak voice, and etc.)

If you coughed a whole lot, that could've damaged your throat. Did you continualy get colds like this? I always had strep throat constantly before I had my tonsils removed, that messed up my voice, I'm not a guy, but still.

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #14

Group:

QUOTE(ximxjustaxgirlx @ Sep 10 2005, 10:18 PM)
If you coughed a whole lot, that could've damaged your throat. Did you continualy get colds like this? I always had strep throat constantly before I had my tonsils removed, that messed up my voice, I'm not a guy, but still.

i dont remember if i was coughing the whole time. I dont think i did.

It really doesnt matter if you're not a guy. AS long, you can tell the difference in your voice.

What's tonsils? huh.gif

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 01:25 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:20 AM)
i dont remember if i did cough the whole time. I dont think i did.

It really doesnt matter if you're not a guy.  AS long, you can tell the difference in your own voice after sickness.
What's tonsils?

Tonsils are those things in your throat, most kids now have to get them removed, because they do opposite of what they are supposed to.(They are supposed to filter out the dirt, but now they just keep the dirt trapped in) Maybe that's what it is, if you don't have your tonsils removed. Course, that's really if you get constant sore throats, strep throats, etc. Ask your parent to get a doctors appointment. Maybe it's your aniods...(the tonsils for your nose, not many peole have to get those removed, i did though). I hope you find out what's wrong though, I'm going to bed. G'night.

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 01:30 AM
Post #16

Group:

QUOTE(ximxjustaxgirlx @ Sep 10 2005, 10:25 PM)
Tonsils are those things in your throat, most kids now have to get them removed, because they do opposite of what they are supposed to.(They are supposed to filter out the dirt, but now they just keep the dirt trapped in) Maybe that's what it is, if you don't have your tonsils removed. Course, that's really if you get constant sore throats, strep throats, etc. Ask your parent to get a doctors appointment. Maybe it's your aniods...(the tonsils for your nose, not many peole have to get those removed, i did though). I hope you find out what's wrong though, I'm going to bed. G'night.

sad.gif Good night

ohmy.gif

i dont want my to remove if i have a bad one. How you not remove the dirt ? Dont you sneeze or cough to get it out ? I guess the dirt clogs the vocal cord system.

Man, i'm not brave to remove it. I dont even know what does it look like. *fears*

Btw, how do they remove the tonsils.

yukichan
post Sep 11 2005, 02:29 AM
Post #17

I'll never be who I was again..

Member No: 77,981

What words can you not say?
I use to not be able to say certain words so I practiced saying it (enuciating?) it and i got better..it also helped my friend who had a accent..(It was for Drama..)
Well try say this:(very slowing)
Red leather, yellow leather
copper kettle, brittle brattle
scadeliy dee, scadeliy doo..
Say each vowel/consanent out loud and tape it, and then try to improve how you've said it..It should take about 14 seconds to say the whole thing..
Sorry if this didn't really help.. pinch.gif

mai_z
post Sep 11 2005, 09:03 AM
Post #18

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

Be careful with hot drinks, because if they're too hot they're actually bad for you. Try doing voice exercises, ask a voice teacher! oh yea..and puberty.....give it time laugh.gif

pshaa.shauna
post Sep 11 2005, 11:09 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(aznxboredxperson @ Sep 11 2005, 12:30 AM)
sad.gif  Good night

ohmy.gif

i dont want my to remove if i have a bad one. How you not remove the dirt ? Dont you sneeze or cough to get it out ? I guess the dirt clogs the vocal cord system.

Man, i'm not brave to remove it. I dont even know what does it look like. *fears*

Btw, how do they remove the tonsils.

You have to go through surgery, I can't beleive you have never heard of it. They have it on kids cartoons all the time. They go through surgery and get their tonsils removed, they stay a day in the hospital, but they get all the ice cream they want! (In reality, you can only have sherbert for the first 24 hours, that way you don't throw up.)

demolished
post Sep 11 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #20

Group:

QUOTE(nekochan1018 @ Sep 10 2005, 11:29 PM)
What words can you not say?
I use to not be able to say certain words so I practiced saying it (enuciating?) it and i got better..it also helped my friend who had a accent..(It was for Drama..)
Well try say this:(very slowing)
Red leather, yellow leather
copper kettle, brittle brattle
scadeliy dee, scadeliy doo..
Say each vowel/consanent out loud and tape it, and then try to improve how you've said it..It should take about 14 seconds to say the whole thing..
Sorry if this didn't really help.. pinch.gif

There are many words that I cannot say such as carrot, familiar, dog, and sleeping. How cool, I took drama class last year. It did improve my screaming ability. Before sickness, I could scream awfully nice but now, it's still horrible (even though I took drama class).

Amazing, my formal drama teacher use that similar voice exercise method but it's was actually longer. Would you like to type it up some more? I forgot the how to do the voice exercise method from my teacher. sad.gif

QUOTE(mai_z @ Sep 11 2005, 6:03 AM)
Be careful with hot drinks, because if they're too hot they're actually bad for you. Try doing voice exercises, ask a voice teacher! oh yea..and puberty.....give it time  laugh.gif

Yeah, I usually let my hot chocolate to get warm a bit. I even add ice into hot chocolate to reduce waiting time. But, I don’t know why hot drink is actually bad for me. It'll mess up my tongue or what? ..About the voice teacher? I don’t have a voice teacher or know anyone of them in my recent high school (I’m a freshmen) ... puberty? huh.gif How could it possibly cause by puberty? My voice changes before and after sickness. It was working well before I have the sickness.

QUOTE(ximxjustaxgirlx @ Sep 11 2005, 8:09 AM)
You have to go through surgery, I can't beleive you have never heard of it. They have it on kids cartoons all the time. They go through surgery and get their tonsils removed, they stay a day in the hospital, but they get all the ice cream they want! (In reality, you can only have sherbert for the first 24 hours, that way you don't throw up.)

haha laugh.gif i don’t know. I finally know what it looks like when I use yahoo image search engine. ekk, I don’t want to go to the hospital. it's too much like .. devil.gif

mai_z
post Sep 11 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #21

unify and defeat... divide and crumble

Member No: 6,379

Yeah, I usually let my hot chocolate to get warm a bit. I even add ice into hot chocolate to reduce waiting time. But, I don’t know why hot drink is actually bad for me. It'll mess up my tongue or what? ..About the voice teacher? I don’t have a voice teacher or know anyone of them in my recent high school (I’m a freshmen) ... puberty? huh.gif How could it possibly cause by puberty? My voice changes before and after sickness. It was working well before I have the sickness.

Did a lil research: apparently hot liquids are really not bad for your voice (my voice teacher lied to me!!) but I would still stay away from burning my tongue off! Have a look at this website tho, it mite give you some insight into your problem:

http://www.nyee.edu/cfv-therapy.html

Also, this website mite give some ideas on exercises:
http://www.vocalist.org.uk/exercises.html

demolished
post Sep 14 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #22

Group:

^
Thanks.

You gotten me to be inspired to speak up better.
I guess i have to deal with my horrible voice.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: