Reply to this topicStart new topic
mastercard gift cards?
miszxjojo
post Mar 24 2009, 06:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 526,982

so i want to get my own domain and my dad says i can do whatever i want as long as i pay. and since i dont have a credit card, someone told me about the mastercard gift cards. i was wondering if its anything like credit cards? where when you buy something they like mail you a bill or whatever and you have to pay them back?

also.. is there anything else i should know about these? i never heard of them til yesterday lmfao xD so, i know nothing x]

miszxjojo
post Mar 24 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #2

would it work if i use it to buy/pay for my domain?
cause my friend said she'll get one for me and pay for the first 2 years.
and for the rest of the years it would work right? :)

also i read the terms & conditions somewhere
it says if you have $0 from 60-90 days your card expires ...
so when i put in money, should i put in an extra dollar? haha

karmakiller
post Mar 24 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #3

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

I have a Visa card that I got through my bank that I use for shopping online. It's safer than using a credit card for me. There are some websites that don't accept it, though. (When I pay I select Visa credit card.) It automatically re-issues itself an expiration date so I don't have to pay a fee.

If you're going to go through MasterCard, make sure that your domain doesn't charge monthly and that it's only once that year, because Mastercard does NOT allow you to use the gift card for something that is a reoccurring fee. Like credit cards, they have an expiration date, I think they only last for a year.

I just looked it up and there is $9.95 fee if you still have money on your card at the end of the year and have to get a new card. Your card is, in fact, only good for a year. Watch out for hidden fees: http://www.mymcgiftcard.com/terms_conditions.htm

newkidontheblock
post Mar 24 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Offline.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 507,591

I don't no much of the mastercard gift card but you can use get a Visa Rush Card. It's works just like a credit card, but you have to put money into it before you can use it.

none345678
post Mar 24 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #5

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

^Thats what I would use. I have a master debit cared though.

miszxjojo
post Mar 24 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #6

yeah the place where im planning on buying my domain is yearly.
im gonna get it at godaddy.com [:

synatribe
post Mar 24 2009, 10:19 PM
Post #7

AIDS at RAVES.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 598,878

I have an American express gift card because they sell those at my local mall, usually when I buy anything online with these cards, I have to register it on the gift card website, because my name isnt on the card, then after you do that it virtually works like every other card, there should be like a $2 activation fee or something when you first buy it :]

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: