Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Jesus, God's son.
Devastation
post Aug 8 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #1

who again?

Group: Member
Member No: 31,458

i am a bit confused on this subject, i need some opinions on JESUS, god has had enough attenmtion, jesus is the one i need answers on.

sadolakced acid
post Aug 8 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #2

dripping destruction

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 21,929

jesus was an englightened human whom god chose to help.

yup i'm buddhist.

there's the trinity- god is the father, the son, and the holy spirit.

so, jesus is his own father.

the father did mary, and mary had the son. the son and the father are one and the same, along with the holy spirit.

here's my trinity: stitch the expirenment, mulder the detective, and Frankensitien the doctor.

yea, you need a christian on this.

F1R3B4T
post Aug 8 2004, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Member No: 37,337

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Aug 8 2004, 6:32 PM)

yup i'm buddhist.

the father did mary, and mary had the son. the son and the father are one and the same, along with the holy spirit.

here's my trinity: stitch the expirenment, mulder the detective, and Frankensitien the doctor.

thats even more confusing than the topic quesion

sadolakced acid
post Aug 8 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #4

dripping destruction

yes, to me the trinity thing is quite confusing. it leaked into the rest of the post.

we need a christian.

Sumiaki
post Aug 9 2004, 10:37 AM
Post #5

NO WAI! R u Srs?

Member No: 28,094

Basicaly Jesus is the son of God by the Virgin Mary. Now, what are your questions about jesus? I mean... you're not gonna leave me hanging are you? mellow.gif

capsule
post Aug 9 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #6

ㅋㅋㅋ

Member No: 24,283

OK, heres a diagram of the trinity...:

Hope its easier to understand now.

Jesus, to a buddhist, was an "enlightened prophet". To a christian, He was sent by God to die for our sins. (we were originally intended to be sent to Hell...Jesus changed that, allowing those who have accepted Him into their hearts will be in Heaven). He was crucified, died and resurrected on the third day (to fulfill prophecy that "He" would overcome death). He ascended into Heaven 30 or so days after he resurrected because He had fulfilled his duty on earth and plans on coming back for the "second coming" (AKA: rapture, start of the tribulation) to gather all Christians to arise w/ Him to Heaven.

Spirited Away
post Aug 9 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #7

Quand j'étais jeune...

Member No: 1,272

yup i'm buddhist.

Made sense to me blink.gif

*Kathleen*
post Aug 9 2004, 07:38 PM
Post #8

Made sense to me

Haha same here. So did they answer your question correctly? blink.gif

CloudUnionX
post Aug 9 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #9

Perfectly Flawed

Member No: 1,652

Although it is said that jesus is gods mortal reincarnation.

tootsie_kiddo
post Aug 10 2004, 04:12 AM
Post #10

Your love is a razorblade kiss ♥

Member No: 9,959

this whole thread has mucked up my already mucked mind, haha. too difficult for me wacko.gif

Fashionista225
post Aug 10 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #11

Member No: 31,071

I'm a christian..I understand how it works but I'm not sure I'd be so good at explaining it so I'll try like this. Think of water. 3 forms right? solid liquid and gas. God is basically the same way. I think of Jesus as the solid because he actually walked the earth, liquid would be the holy spirit because that's what flows through you when you're saved. Gas would be God, he's always there even though you can't see him.
Jesus is God's son because he actually put him into Mary (without the whole sex part of course) That's basically why they say we are all God's children. Hope it helped??

elmogurly
post Aug 11 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #12

GREEENROCKS

Member No: 10,624

anyone ever heard of the bridge diagram?

God is on the other side apart from man. Jesus died on the cross to save our sins and became the bridge to God.

danyo
post Aug 11 2004, 03:13 AM
Post #13

Member No: 28,964

i am a christian but i don't believe in the trinity but at the same time i don't reject it simply because i don't know what to believe.
i have read that in the original hebrew bible the trinity part didnt exist until later, catholics added it in but the information i read could also be wrong.
so its still a question for me and i believe it will always be until judgement day where i get to see him face to face and ask him or see for myself but im more on the side where i dont believe it's true right now.
i've asked a few christian friends myself if i could get an explaination of the whole trinity thing but they would try and fail then say, just read the bible or attend bible studies.
why would people explain it as the father and son and the holy spirit then later say they are one? there is a father and son, yet they are one. if they are one, the son would not be a son.. they would both be the same, no? if it just means that Jesus is a human form of God, why don't they just say THAT instead of calling Him the son? Also, God made Jesus right? so wouldn't God have somewhat a bit more power than Jesus and over Jesus? i mean.. cmon.. Jesus calls God the father.. Jesus? God? already sound different.. God sounds more powerful
and Jesus followed God's plan when He came down to be crucified as the living sacrifice for everyone. So Jesus followed God. and also, Jesus spoke to God when He was about to die right and GO INTO HIS HANDS? so if they are ONE, who He speaking to and going into His own hands? I would understand if that's just a saying to say that the father, son, and the holy spirit are holy and God is in them but them being one, i don't understand..
Also the rest of the bible doesn't seem to go with the whole trinity thing.
and again, im not saying the trinity is wrong, im just saying all the things that keeps me from believing it and for you people to answer it for me (:
i'm not against it.

Fashionista225
post Aug 11 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #14

The bible COMPLETELY goes by the "whole trinity thing" They are 3 forms of the same thing. The reason Jesus calls God the father is because God put Jesus into the womb of Mary (thats why it was a virgin birth, she didnt have sex to get preg.) Those aren't the only parts to it either..you seem to be forgetting the holy spirit... I'm saved so I have the holy spirit..yet, I read the bible and see what Jesus says. Isn't that the same as Jesus consulting God?????

danyo
post Aug 11 2004, 03:44 PM
Post #15

Member No: 28,964

umm i thought the holy spirit is a obvious so did even bother mentioning it.. -_-;;
i was focusing on the terms father and son because thats whats confusing to me..
if god PUT son there, God is more powerful than the son, is HE not? how are they ONE? k but if you believe they are one, they are three seperate different form thou at least right?

black_cloud10
post Aug 11 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #16

Member No: 30,847

ok i only read like half of these answers cuz they seem kinda long. i'll read them after i post. but my (christian) opinion is that Jesus Christ is the son of God, given birth by the Virgin Mary. JC loved everyone, no matter what. He was cruicfied and died for our sins. I've been told that when JC took all the sins of the world upon himself he appeared so wretched to God that for a moment God turned away, and thats when Jesus died.

They put him in a tomb, covered by a really really really really big and heavy rock. A few days later (3, right?) some chicks came to visit his body. I'll leave out the names cuz that's a different part of this story. This is just the bare bones.

So anyway they get to the tomb and its open. Not only that but there's an angel sitting on it. Guess what? No body inside. Jesus rose to Heaven.

I believe the Jews say that Jesus's diciples stole his body away during the night. They believe him to be a great prophet, but not the Messiah. I don't blame them, with everything going on in the world (not to mention how badly the Jews have been treated overall) this hardly seems like a place "saved" by the Messiah.

Now me? Personally? I'm crazy. I believe that Jesus is alive, in the same way that the angels and souls of the dead are alive. I believe that Jesus walks the earth and still performs his miracles.

The mean part of me would like to add that Mary had the best excuse ever. It wouldn't have gone over well if she had been pregnant by another man, would it? " shifty.gif He's the Son of God!!" awesome excuse. No one can use that again. We could have an entire religion based on a woman trying to make an excuse as to why she was pregnant....... /Evil Me

Fashionista225
post Aug 11 2004, 10:23 PM
Post #17

Just because God put Jesus there doesn't make him more powerful..he put another form of himself there...God is all powerful, that is why he can have 3 forms. How would he be more powerful than himself?

lilteardrop
post Aug 12 2004, 02:49 PM
Post #18

dont forget to smiLe today

Member No: 39,095

this site hasnt exactly started. maybe once it gets going it`ll answer your questions.

www.xanga.com/evangelicalteam/

sadolakced acid
post Aug 12 2004, 09:00 PM
Post #19

dripping destruction

is it possible...

that they killed the wrong jesus- and then when they put him in the tomb, someone moved the body. like... if those 'chicks' that went to visit him were tomb raiders.

is it possible?

someflipguy
post Aug 13 2004, 10:53 AM
Post #20

I can't believe its not "Ryan"

Member No: 21,368

There is no true explaination to the question...all you have to do is be a believer and study the bible.

sikdragon
post Aug 14 2004, 06:00 AM
Post #21

Bardic Nation

Member No: 38,059

Jesus is the way the truth and the life. The son of God and the only way into heaven. Read the Gospels.

xnastyninjagrlx
post Aug 17 2004, 01:55 PM
Post #22

wishing for SIMPLE LOVE with Jay

Member No: 21,601

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Aug 12 2004, 9:00 PM)
is it possible...

that they killed the wrong jesus- and then when they put him in the tomb, someone moved the body. like... if those 'chicks' that went to visit him were tomb raiders.

is it possible?

I believe there is no possible way that they buried the wrong Jesus. Think about it..during that time the tomb was covered by a gigantic rock that probably weighed as heavy as an elephant!! There had to be at least a couple of strong-built men to move that rock. And a few days before his very own mother watched her only son died on the cross. He was persecuted for days. So no I don't think there's a possiblity.

Mini
post Aug 17 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #23

im' edible

Member No: 23,022

In one of the movies I saw, Jesus said that no one is perfect not even him, only God is perfect. Wouldn't that negate the Trinity statement?

raw_material
post Aug 17 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #24

"Back!Break!Anomics!"

Member No: 40,870

im a christian il explain and not confuse u pple...

jesus--- a myth a legend or wat? man plz jesus is the mack daddy....jesus the son of god.... jesus is the one that died 4 us in the cross and since he died 4 us he cleaned all of ur sins......the bible says he who believes that jesus died in the cross 4 our sins...will not parish but have eternal life(when u die u will go 2 heaven if u believe that jesus died for ur sins) why do i believe this...bcuz god said so in the bible its called faith buddy...plus how much time can it take a lil prayer with your eyes closed saying god i believe that jesus died in the cross for me and for my sins there for i have eternal life i belive...with that i garantee u the day u die u will go 2 heaven 100%...either ur baptist muslim bodha or w/e religion u are if u belive jesus died 4 u in that cross and just put a lil faith in that prayer u will go 2 heaven.......then u will have the holy spirit in you bcuz u made that prayer....if u guys dont belive me try me...one lil prayer will make everything change...god will probe it .if u dont believe me then try it...

god creator....his son jesus that died 4 us.....holy spirit in us...thats the trinity...holla!!!

raw_material
post Aug 17 2004, 10:33 PM
Post #25

"Back!Break!Anomics!"

Member No: 40,870

QUOTE(Mini @ Aug 17 2004, 10:19 PM)
In one of the movies I saw, Jesus said that no one is perfect not even him, only God is perfect. Wouldn't that negate the Trinity statement?

no it wont negate the trinity....no one is perfect only God....then again when jesus died in the cross 4 our sins...he left the earth 2 become one with god....so the holy spirit lives in with us( once we accept god as our savior) no man is pefect...once we enter heaven we will all b with god therefore no more sin no more being not perfect....thats why the devil got kicked out of heaven...he sinned and was sent 2 hell....1

19 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: