STD's, I've always wondered....
emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #1

kthxbai

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 621,203

Where do they come from?

People have said that they come from having alot of sex, but that's probably the most vague answer there is.

They just magically appear after you've done a certain number of people?

Exactly how to they come to be?

tokyo-rose
post Dec 20 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

Um, no. If you did get STI's from having sex with a certain number of people, then most nymphos would probably have an STI of some sort. You get STI's when you have unprotected sex with someone who already has an STI, if your mother had HIV/AIDS and passed it on to you and it didn't go away within two months (which happens; not all babies with HIV-positive/AIDS-infected mothers necessarily grow up to have the disease), or you touch contaminated bodily fluid with a part of your body that's cut.

emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #3

kthxbai

STI?

tokyo-rose
post Dec 20 2008, 04:39 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:38 PM) *
STI?

Sexually transmitted infection.

emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #5

kthxbai

and infections turn into diseases once they get passed on?

tokyo-rose
post Dec 20 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *

..no, the name was changed to STI. Have you never had sex ed?

emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 04:48 PM
Post #7

kthxbai

^no. I've never seen/heard of STI

tokyo-rose
post Dec 20 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:48 PM) *

Well, now you know. If you're in high school, you should have had at least one semester of sex ed in Health or something.

*cakedout*
post Dec 20 2008, 04:53 PM
Post #9

Its cause people started f*cking monkeys. True words because Dave Chappelle said it. n*gga WTF IS JUICE?!?!

emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #10

kthxbai

QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Dec 20 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Well, now you know. If you're in high school, you should have had at least one semester of sex ed in Health or something.

Never had any of that.. health didn't teach us anything about that. It was about eating healthy lol.

Gigi
post Dec 20 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #11

in a matter of time

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 191,357

Oh Jesus.

And why do we wonder why the youth of America doesn't use condoms? Because the youth of America doesn't even know where f*cking STD's come from. Yeah. We're all f*cked. I could see why the AIDS epidemic in Africa is a problem, especially in getting people educated, but it really saddens me that kids these days have all these resources to information and are too ignorant to use it. There's a plethora of information out there. And maybe it's your school system's problem for not educating you properly, but honestly I don't think that's an excuse. I wouldn't go around advertising that you don't know jack shit about STD's. God. You make me ashamed of being a teenager.

none345678
post Dec 20 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

^I thought the same thing, but only could sum it up in one word. "wow"

Google std, and make sure you look at the images!

emberfly
post Dec 20 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #13

kthxbai

OK, I googled it (thankfully it didn't show any images).

It said STI is the infection, which is much less likely to spread from person to person, like HIV is the infection form of AIDS. The disease form, when symptoms are shown, such as sores or whatever, like AIDS, it is much more likely to spread from person to person.

It also said that the diseases come from having sex with someone who has the disease, and that it is impossible to get an STD from just having alot of sex; you have to have sex with someone infected or diseased.

Unfortunately, it did not answer my question.

It said that diseases are formed from pathogens, Bacteria, fungi, protozoa or viruses, BUT it never said how you get those things inside of you.

You just randomly wake up one morning and, oh my gosh! You have this horrifying infection that will ruin your life?

Please clear it up.

edit

Yahoo answers says that STD's are mutated forms of other viruses, ex: Herpes is a mutated form of Chicken Pox.

It also said that many of the diseases originated from animals.

But still, it did not answer my question, how do you get them?! What do you have to do to get one?! What makes these viruses mutate? What do you have to do?

Gigi
post Dec 20 2008, 10:21 PM
Post #14

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

You need to take some bio classes STAT if you don't know how viruses, bacteria, whatever, mutate. Seriously. STD's, STI's etc mutate in the exact same way as ANY OTHER DISEASE. So I'm wondering why you don't wonder how we get the flu, or chicken pox, or any other disease you can think of.

"What do you have to do?" Okay, let's get this straight, nobody woke up one morning and thought to make a horrifying disease and then spread it around maliciously. Diseases don't (usually) develop because of mad scientists with tie-dye lab coats trying to spread fear around the universe. The world is not a Heroes episode. You really need to take some low-level science courses, but basically diseases mutate because while DNA gets replicated (cells multiply and divide), sometimes mistakes are made in the genetic code and mutations occur. Mutations happen all the time. Your body is making cells right now, some of which probably contain mutations in the genetic code. This is in fact how chimpanzees have evolved into humans. Mutations are not caused solely by radioactive substances or exposure to an atomic bomb, but it's an everyday occurrence. Basically that is how new bacteria, viruses, etc, get formed.

Crash course in bio. And even if Google didn't give you the full answer, you could've just Googled "how do viruses mutate" and come up with more answers. Jesus, why do we need to baby you into learning things? You are going to suffer in university.

emberfly
post Dec 21 2008, 12:31 AM
Post #15

kthxbai

Thanks, I love you too.

I'm currently in bio and we've already done the whole cell section, and mutations wasn't covered very much at all... what we learned about it was that it exists... the end.

I'm sorry, everyone isn't as perfect as you are cry.gif

Comptine
post Dec 21 2008, 01:34 AM
Post #16

Sing to Me

Group: Member
Member No: 10,808

I taught from a curriculum that taught STI & HIV.

Mainly, it was changed to STI because DISEASE connotes that there is no treatment and no cure. INFECTION most people think that there can be medicine to "fix" it. Partly, it to convey the actual symptomatic parts of the infection but also, they hope the new term will encourage people to get help.

STI isn't much different than the cold virus. They exist. They are just different forms of a similar being. You can simply think of it like. Like Gigi said, these viruses and bacteria underwent some mutations and through that, evolved the best system to ensure it's survival.

HIV is a mutation of the chimp virus SIV. Whether it's from ... fornicating with a chimp or the tribal traditions of eating chimp brain (theories that SIV is prominent in the brain lining of a monkey) or species to species cross blood transmission. Whatever it was, people think that the SIV virus from chimps got transmitted to humans. The lucky SIV virus with the right genetics was able to procreate in humans and therefore, became HIV. (Still kinda the working theory)

tokyo-rose
post Dec 21 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 10:03 PM) *
But still, it did not answer my question, how do you get them?! What do you have to do to get one?!

Besides what Gigi said, please also register the paragraph that I initially responded with:

QUOTE(jaeminnie @ Dec 20 2008, 04:37 PM) *
You get STI's when you have unprotected sex with someone who already has an STI, if your mother had HIV/AIDS and passed it on to you and it didn't go away within two months (which happens; not all babies with HIV-positive/AIDS-infected mothers necessarily grow up to have the disease), or you touch contaminated bodily fluid with a part of your body that's cut.

P.S. Gigi, you're awesome.

MissCuppyCake
post Dec 25 2008, 07:20 PM
Post #18

MissCuppyCake ---> I Married The MuffinMan --- <3

Member No: 551,953

haha. have you ever had a cold sore?? its sorta like that. it just kinda slowly appears. if you are having sex and the guy/girl doesnt f*cking clean down there or just had sex with someone else then theres lots of bacteria on him/her. and cuz of that you can get a STI. when you get STI's your supposed to go to a doctor to get in cleared up and get it treated -- if it isnt treated the STI slowly becomes a STD.

Its sorta like cancer -- you usually know how your cancer formed and why and you also know that if you changed things that caused your cancer then you would never have had cancer in the first place.
Does that make any sense??

emberfly
post Jan 2 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #19

kthxbai

QUOTE(MissCuppyCake @ Dec 25 2008, 06:20 PM) *
haha. have you ever had a cold sore?? its sorta like that. it just kinda slowly appears. if you are having sex and the guy/girl doesnt f*cking clean down there or just had sex with someone else then theres lots of bacteria on him/her. and cuz of that you can get a STI. when you get STI's your supposed to go to a doctor to get in cleared up and get it treated -- if it isnt treated the STI slowly becomes a STD.

Its sorta like cancer -- you usually know how your cancer formed and why and you also know that if you changed things that caused your cancer then you would never have had cancer in the first place.
Does that make any sense??

Yes, that made sense. Thanks thumbsup.gif

IVIike
post Jan 4 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #20

Hey, I'm Mike

Member No: 406,241

QUOTE(cakedout @ Dec 20 2008, 04:53 PM) *
Its cause people started f*cking monkeys. True words because Dave Chappelle said it. n*gga WTF IS JUICE?!?!

True statement.

potatoface
post Jan 5 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #21

Member No: 707,169

STD AIDS kinda started when someone "ATE" the monkey brain, not have sex with monkey... WTF

misskadeidra08
post Jan 5 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #22

Member No: 706,169

no u can only get a STD from having sex with a lot of different people not just having sex with the same person over and over unless they have a STD then u could get it
Attached File(s)
Attached File  prettiness.jpg ( 7.18K ) Number of downloads: 5

Comptine
post Jan 5 2009, 09:58 PM
Post #23

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

QUOTE(potatoface @ Jan 5 2009, 12:23 PM) *
STD AIDS kinda started when someone "ATE" the monkey brain, not have sex with monkey... WTF

STD - Sexually Transmitted Disease. This is just a category for diseases/infections that are generally infect people through sex. Hence the name. But mostly, they are all transmitted through bodily fluids. It's just that sex bodily fluids are most commonly exchanged. STDs existed wayyyy before HIV/AIDS.

AIDS - Autoimmune Deficiency Syndrome. This is a condition that happens as a result of HIV. It's not an actual disease.

There's no definite understanding of how primate SIV got transferred to humans and turned into HIV.

no u can only get a STD from having sex with a lot of different people not just having sex with the same person over and over unless they have a STD then u could get it

You can get it by sharing needles. You can get it by getting an infected person's blood into an open wound of your. HPV is also a STD which can be transferred simply by skin to skin contact. You can get STDs from oral sex, touching genitals, anal sex, etc. If the person you have sex over and over with happens to cheat on you with an infected person, then it could get transmitted to you.

Rachel
post Jan 6 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #24

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

QUOTE(potatoface @ Jan 5 2009, 10:23 AM) *

Good god, that is so false. AIDS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CRAZY AFRICANS EATING OR f*ckING MONKEYS. Take your head out of your ass and stop believing everything the Western world tells you.

illriginal
post Feb 12 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #25

Group: Official Member
Member No: 455,274

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 03:53 PM) *
Where do they come from?

People have said that they come from having alot of sex, but that's probably the most vague answer there is.

They just magically appear after you've done a certain number of people?

Exactly how to they come to be?

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:38 PM) *
STI?

QUOTE(emberfly @ Dec 20 2008, 04:42 PM) *

This is uh.. a reason why you guys should sort of calm down with all your sexual posts. But whatever, I'm the bad guy who's oppressing the youth.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: